Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Castle Future gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Still think Pearl Jam as headliners in 2020 or 2021

They haven't played Ireland as a band in years and they are pretty popular (Vedders solo show tonight is almost sold out).

Could be onto something there alright, its a possibility.

For some of the others mentioned:

Ed Sheeran’s tour concludes later this year, he won’t be touring year.

U2 also not touring next year.

While Bruce & Estreet band are back touring next year, i’d guess they will do Croke Park x 2 nights at least, and/or nationwide stadium tour.

Don’t forget Garth Brooks, he will come back at so point, but i would have thought 3 nights at Croke Park for him + stadium gigs in Cork, Galway, Belfast similar to what sheeran did in ‘18

Unsure what Coldplay and Beyonce are up to.

Would Pink sell out Slane ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fafy wrote:
    Would Pink sell out Slane ?

Probably given she sold out Wembley two nights running.

But she wont be touring next year either as this one she's on runs till Oct/Nov I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

it'll be 2021 or later by the time P!nk comes back. If that's to Slane she would certainly fill it but she would have to either play a longer set or have a really big support act. She played just over an hour and a half in the RDS and it seemed to go much too quickly IMO but it was a very energetic show for her and her performers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A reformed Pink Floyd is about all that could get me to brave slane again apart from that that no large rock/metal act is a big enough pull for me to bother again.

It will be a cold day in hell before that happens, saw Roger Waters on tv recently and he scowled a journalist for even asking questions them getting back together. His attitude was 'why are you even asking me this question, its over, forget about it'.

For years I always held out hope of a Pink Floyd reunion and tour but nowadays I just accept that it is never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Same with Led Zepplin prob no chance of a reunion tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Muahahaha wrote: »
    It will be a cold day in hell before that happens, saw Roger Waters on tv recently and he scowled a journalist for even asking questions them getting back together. His attitude was 'why are you even asking me this question, its over, forget about it'.

For years I always held out hope of a Pink Floyd reunion and tour but nowadays I just accept that it is never going to happen.
    Was it Axl or Slash who said, when asked the same question about Guns n Roses "Not in this lifetime"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭roadmaster

julyjane wrote: »
    Was it Axl or Slash who said, when asked the same question about Guns n Roses "Not in this lifetime"?

Then slash got divorced and needed a lot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

julyjane wrote: »

With band reunions there is always an element of never say never. But with Pink Floyd its been over 30 years and theres been nasty court battles with very little water gone under the bridge. On top of that Waters at least seems openly hostile to the idea. Plus he and Gilmour seem to genuinely enjoy touring on their own. I get the impression reforming would just be a hassle that neither of them needs and they dont need or care for money either. If they did ever reform I think it would just be for a one off gig at Glastonbury, theres no way they could stand each other for months on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Another fantasy thread.

I want a Monsters of Rock .

Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Queens of the Stone Age, Soulfly, Slipknot, Pearl Jam.

All playing for 2 hours each, it would be sunny and clear, but not too hot.
    Free 99s all round, and enough posters for all gig goers.

"but what about the traffic!?!?" I hear you say/whinge/moan.

Free helicopter lift home , for EVERYONE !!!!!

*I am Lord Henry.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bradley111

That's the one I'm praying for but I don't think it's gonna happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Bradley111 wrote: »

That's the one I'm praying for but I don't think it's gonna happen
    Well it's Robert plant who seems less than enthusiastic to do it. I think page is up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

supported by Faith No More

The only band that would get me back to Slane. .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I wonder why they've never tried to move towards turning it into a weekend festival type event?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

MadYaker wrote: »
    I wonder why they've never tried to move towards turning it into a weekend festival type event?

Thats what was agreed with locals, AFAIK,
    Its one gig, taking place on 1 day only, and thats it.

Its a tiny village, so it would be totally over run, if it was a weekend event.
    Locals will still remember the Bob Dylan headline gig, where the town was wrecked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

At his show last week Vedder mentioned Pearl jams first gig in Ireland 26 years ago at slane.

I hope someone from mcd was there and listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'm hearing on grapevine AC/DC for Slane.

*negotiations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

*negotiations

Those negotiations have been going on since 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wine made from that vine was served the last supper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

When leaving Metallica this year with the masses heading for the red car park area some smart arse in the pa mentioned " see you all next year for AC/DC" the collective groan of yeah right from everyone was comical.
    But yeah they're the only band left capable of headlining and selling out the place with mediocre support that haven't already played.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It will be AC/DC or Pearl Jam

Said I'd never do Slane again after Metallica but **** it I'd be tempted now ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If, as expected, DC announce a final world tour with Brian then venues will be limited, they'll want as many people as possible in as few a venues.

I'd expect a Slane gig, along with maybe 2 nights at Olympic Stadium in London and then a single gig in France/Spain/Italy/Holland and a couple in Germany

All stand alone DC gigs and no festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I suspect Radiohead will play Slane in 2030.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

scudzilla wrote: »
    If, as expected, DC announce a final world tour with Brian then venues will be limited, they'll want as many people as possible in as few a venues.

I'd expect a Slane gig, along with maybe 2 nights at Olympic Stadium in London and then a single gig in France/Spain/Italy/Holland and a couple in Germany

All stand alone DC gigs and no festivals

who are DC ??

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

s8n wrote: »
    who are DC ??

Acdc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I suspect Radiohead will play Slane in 2030.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Acdc

why not call them that then ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Who?

Twas a joke, c'mon tae fcuk, surely ya know who Radiohead is.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

How many members are left in AC/DC now thought it was one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Original members one yeah although the drummer Phil Rudd was with them since the re-release variation of their first album but remains to be seen if he's touring with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Oasis1974 wrote: »

On the last album/tour, there was only one original member as well.

Advertisement