Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Arrangments for Musgrave Park

Options
  • 18-06-2019 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are parking arrangements for the gigs in Musgrave park. Heading down Sunday for the Liam Gallagher gig but need to travel back up the country after it. Is there parking available in Blackash for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

This is something I was wondering myself OP. Woodies car park will be open but it won't hold everyone. Although link poster sent suggests that Black Ash will be open which would be very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Avoid woodies car park it’s a nightmare to get out of after an event. Black ash is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Several buses serve the area from city centre including the 203.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

MrDerp wrote: »
    Avoid woodies car park it’s a nightmare to get out of after an event. Black ash is better.

I was in Woodies yesterday arranging to collect an item later this week and the topic of concert parking came up (in the context of whether I'd be able to park there and collect a bulky item). The lady working there said the gates to the car park would be shut before the concert ends.

• Advertisement

I was in Woodies yesterday arranging to collect an item later this week and the topic of concert parking came up (in the context of whether I'd be able to park there and collect a bulky item). The lady working there said the gates to the car park would be shut before the concert ends.

Do they even have gates? I go past there and in there fairly often and don't remember seeing any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Do they even have gates? I go past there and in there fairly often and don't remember seeing any.
    They have gates, but never seen them closed (they're about 10-20m in from the entrance).

Several buses serve the area from city centre including the 203.

Considering it will be late on a Sunday night I get the feeling Bus eireann will not be the most reliable method of getting back into the city.

Can't seem to find info to confirm if the Black Ash Park and Ride site is open for parking on the Sunday. Bus running as shuttle from the city but that doesn't gurantee you can park in there(with the suggestion there is no local parking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/things-you-need-to-know-if-youre-attending-the-host-of-cork-gigs-this-weekend-931659.html

That's the only article I've seen about this. Below is text from an email from MCD.

Extra services of the 213 bus from Lapp's Quay to Black Ash and back will be available for the duration of the concerts.
    TRANSPORT -

We encourage all fans to walk or use public transport. Allow at least an extra hour travel time to & from the venue. As traffic and parking delays are inevitable, you are strongly advised to use public transport.

PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO parking facilities available locally. Please do NOT park illegally, Towing will be operation.

By BUS: Bus Eireann run services that will bring you within walking distance of the concert site.

The bus routes that serve this area are as follows:

Extra services of the 213 from Lapps Quay to Black Ashe Park & Ride will be running for the duration of the concerts. Return services will also be available immediately after the show finishes.
    203 – Farranree to Ballyphenane (Return)
    PLAN YOUR ROUTE IN ADVANCE… For more information regarding Bus times and locations, please visit www.buseireann.ie
    Check The AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic on your route. www.theaa.ie/roadwatch/newsroom
    An Garda Síochána Traffic Management Plan for road closure & restrictions on www.garda.ie
    PRIVATE COACH PROVIDER travelling to the concert must seek stop approval from Cork City Council.
    Car Parking is available in the City Centre. Further information can be found here: https://www.corkcity.ie/en/council-services/services/parking-services/where-to-park/multi-storey-car-parks.html
    Taxi Drop-Off will be designated at Curragh Road before and after the event.

SUN June 23rd
    19:45 - Gerry Cinnamon
    20:45 - Liam Gallagher

From MCD facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,156 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Black Ash Park and Ride free parking till 12 for concerts

Advertisement