Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Praktica questions.

• 19-06-2019 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if I've posted this in the incorrect place. My daughter bought a Praktica BM electronic SLR with two lenses the other day and the spare lens doesn't have any rear lens cap. This is a greater problem because this particular camera is baynet mount rather than M42. I haven't had any luck to date finding one of these caps online so I'm wondering if anyone on here might have any idea as to where one might be found? We were also looking for a battery for this camera which is a 6 volt 4LR44 or equivalent. Thanks Brendan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I think a 4LR44 is 4 LR44 batteries stacked in a single case, and that a stack of regular LR 44's will probably do. They shouldn't be hard to find.
    A back cap for any generic m42 bayonet should do.
    Keeping one lens on the camera and the one back cap you have on the other lens should work until you get that sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭topazkk

Thank you very much for that, you reckon the baynet cap from a Pentax SLR or similar should do the job so. I had the idea that the M42 was more or less the generic lens fitment of their day and the baynet fits were exclusive to each manufacturer as things advanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

That's correct. The M42 mount was a screw mount, popularised by Praktica and Pentax and used by scores of other manufacturers. The Praktica B mount is proprietary to Praktica. If you're concerned about getting a rear lens cap EBay is your friend i.e.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PENTACON-PRAKTICA-BAYONET-REAR-LENS-CAP/312639814779?hash=item48cac8fc7b:g:iSIAAOSwcHhc9N31

Advertisement