Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quentem hkc

Options
  • 19-06-2019 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Got a gsm line fault audible warning at 2 am.

Sent sim a text to part set just now. No reply.

Query ....have a eir sim in about 7/ 8 months ....I see it's in credit, i know your supposed to top up every 6 months , could it be this fault notification if eir had blocked sim?

Just want to know before I ring them

Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Donnacha_

Check for network outages first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

just to update:##

Sim has been blocked by EIR. thats the issue. Number now gone......question....i need a new sim , which I will get.

if i take out the old sim from the quatem , hkc dialler and just replace it , will it work from RKP , programming?

Have ENG code. do you need a program from laptop ? to activate it , thks
    paddy

Yes you can programe it from RKP. But there should be no need too. Just replace sim & make sure there is no pin.

Donnacha_ wrote: »
    Yes you can programe it from RKP. But there should be no need too. Just replace sim & make sure there is no pin.

Oh that's a relief, thanks to all for your help, I may be back ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Just a quick thing . . before I go home ...is there a screw under the Quantum holding the RKP... its handy enough I think to get cover off , with the GSM then its only a matter of (in eng mode) removing old sim . putting in new , coming out of the menu , and it should work?

its not necessary to enable anything in comms menu or that ?

Thks again for all the help

its ok found a video on it thanks

its ok found a video on it thanks

Ok , still a bit confused !!
    The sim had been blocked by eir as it wasn't stopped up ....within 6 months ...eir shop , took block off
    Am home , text message dialler error message is not showing on rkp.

Now I send CODE ARM AND the sim is receiving, as I get a recieved by sim message on my phone ...

It does not arm ....

I ran through the comms menu and all is well ...no errors ...

Any ideas??? Thks
    Paddy

Oh that's a relief, thanks to all for your help, I may be back ðŸ˜

Is there anyway to test the dialler other than just setting off the alarm..... To see if it will send the text......

I wonder can you set it from menu to do a weekly test ? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement