Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch Lite incoming!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The weirdest thing about the Lite is the speakers are in the middle of the back panel but behind the solid plastic, not near the vents. If you put your ear on the back you can hear it. The sound ends up much lower and muffled than the OG one.

That and no kickstand are weird design choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So, Lite owners, How are you liking the device? Any comparisons between it and the OG Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

fixXxer wrote: »
    So, Lite owners, How are you liking the device? Any comparisons between it and the OG Switch?

I'm loving it. No drift stick issues for me and I've spent a fair amount of time playing it.
    I've finished Links Awakening, LTTP on the SNES emulator and currently trying to beat rainbow road on the 150cc special cup on the OG Mario Kart.

It's really comfortable in the hand and more solid that the normal Switch due to the lack of removable joy cons.
    Can't fault it really.

The only fault I have is it is small. I get pains in my hands after 40 mins from trying to hold it, and using the right stick is pretty much out of question, and I don't have giant shovel hands.

But I still like it, it fits in your pocket so is really portable. Quality is great and the performance is also spot on. I feel less nervous of it falling and breaking off one of the controllers. So I'm more likely to let the kids use it.

I just like the feel of the OG in my hands for long sessions. I can play it for hours. But for under 30 mins blasts on the move the Lite is dead handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I have big hands, but still love it. The colours man... the COLOURS :D

Playing Celeste and Mario Kart 8 on it mostly

• Advertisement

Got grey, wish i got yellow. But it lets me hide that i bought a second switch from the missus :)

Game have the Lite with Overwatch on offer for £199. Overwatch includes 3 months online access too. Overwatch is a download code so there is no trade-in value like with Zelda PC World offer. But still cheap.

https://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-lite-turquoise-with-overwatch-legendary-edition-2669459

Ok, so I put my main account on the switch lite, now I can't play any digital eshop games on the OG switch. What have I done wrong?

Is your OG online? Your main console can just play the games but your back up needs to go online every few hours to check your licences.

Every time i start a game on my lite i get a pop up saying checking if this software can be played.

Is there anyway to avoid the "select account" popup whenever I start a game?

I only have the one account on it, so can it not be set as default?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is there anyway to avoid the "select account" popup whenever I start a game?

I only have the one account on it, so can it not be set as default?

Yep, go to: System Settings>Users>Skip Selection Screen "On"

xebec wrote: »
    Yep, go to: System Settings>Users>Skip Selection Screen "On"

Set this today and I now see how quickly games load up on the Switch Lite. Didn't notice this before as there were so many clicks involved in starting into a game.

It was a minor annoyance beforehand, but I didn't realise how much it detracted from the overall experience. Strange why they have this enabled by default.

I recall on my Xbox 360 it only showed the "Select account" screen once more than one account was on it.

Interesting. The Switch Lite could in theory be a portable fitness device too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to be getting Cidonalad a Switch Lite for Christmas, along with Pokémon.
    How easy is it going to be to set it up with the sub account from my primary Switch and let him have access to those games that live on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm going to be getting Cidonalad a Switch Lite for Christmas, along with Pokémon.
    How easy is it going to be to set it up with the sub account from my primary Switch and let him have access to those games that live on it?

I watched this video in the last week.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qqgcUsuwn_w

This would be better for you to watch though, as it's more concise and just about the Switch Lite.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mk8XC9C-SFI

The first 3:40 cover your question I think.

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-lite-review-a-great-switch-without-the-switch-part/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    I watched this video in the last week.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qqgcUsuwn_w

This would be better for you to watch though, as it's more concise and just about the Switch Lite.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mk8XC9C-SFI

The first 3:40 cover your question I think.

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-lite-review-a-great-switch-without-the-switch-part/

Thanks for that.

I'm probably going to set the Lite as the primary device, as the regular Switch is always online.
    And even if I take it out and about, I'll just use the phone as a hotspot to confirm the games before playing.

It's a massive hassle to be sure though.

We are running two and have set the lite as the main account. The mistake I made was transferring account, not copying so all the digital games on the OG stopped working. Main account on both now and it's all grand.

fixXxer wrote: »
    We are running two and have set the lite as the main account. The mistake I made was transferring account, not copying so all the digital games on the OG stopped working. Main account on both now and it's all grand.

So, the account structure is the same on both consoles, with the lite as primary?
    Excellent.
    Might be some setting up to do but should be fine.
    No need to worry about saves as he will exclusively be using the Lite for his gaming.
    Now to save the pennies and cents

Advertisement