Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifying AGS when moving my rifles to RFD temporarily

Options
  • 19-06-2019 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm planning on having some work done on my house and I want to board my rifles with my RFD for a week or 2. Do I inform my FO of the temoorary whereabouts of my rifles?

Thanks,
    Al.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Nope.

You are licensed for them, the RFD is licensed to store them, so there is no need to inform AGS.

On the slim, slim, chance you get a call for an inspection you simply inform them they are in storage. The RFD must record all firearms on his premise in his registrar, so if it's checked you are covered legally.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Great. Thanks Cass.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭freddieot

Get a note from the RFD saying he is storing them temporarily for you for a few weeks. I've often done it when going on long holidays etc. Saves any confusion on the day if they do call to you.

Advertisement