Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones school - gender neutral uniforms to be introduced.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

And if there's no such thing as womens clothing why do they have men modelling mens clothing and women modelling womens clothing?

How come you don't see male models wearing fancy dresses with heels or women wearing bootcut jeans with Doc Martins??

You see plenty of male models wearing dresses. You don’t see anyone wearing bootcut jeans because they haven’t been in fashion in 20 years.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So you wouldn't think anything if a man went around wearing a miniskirt and high heels?

Wouldn't (and did't) bother me in the slightest, to be honest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

How come you don't see male models wearing fancy dresses with heels or women wearing bootcut jeans with Doc Martins??

Those of us who live a life outside, shall we say, the parochial circle, see these kinds of things all the time.

I can't believe there is really a person so fixated on the idea of cloth having gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Maybe in your own head but I bet my house no one else thought that from his question.

Sweetemotion, the poster posted that stuff about naked kids FIRST ever in this thread, they cannot retract it. Try stop defending the thought of "kids being naked", it's showing you up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Brian? wrote: »
    You see plenty of male models wearing dresses. You don’t see anyone wearing bootcut jeans because they haven’t been in fashion in 20 years.

Show me a male model wearing a dress. I'm talking about a man who is a man,not a man who is actually trying to be a woman.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Those of us who live a life outside, shall we say, the parochial circle, see these kinds of things all the time.

I can't believe there is really a person so fixated on the idea of cloth having gender.

You mean the people who actually sell clothes and experts are fixated on the idea of cloth having a texture?

https://www.debenhams.ie/

See here, there's a mens tab and a womens tab.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I’d love to bring SirGerryAdams to a drag show and watch him/her squirm as the drag queen approaches.

Show me a male model wearing a dress. I'm talking about a man who is a man,not a man who is actually trying to be a woman.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-12567337

they/them/theirs

https://www.pinterest.de/edward5394/men-in-skirts/

Do...do you actually think this is a bet you could win? Like....

You actually sound like someone who was teleported here from the 1700's. "A man...wearing a dress??? Don't be absurd! Such a thing could not happen in this, the year of our Lord 1748."

That or you have never left your Longford village of 8 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭briangriffin

Why would a boy wear a skirt? A school child I mean?

Before coming out as a trans woman in late 2013, Pejić was known as the first completely androgynous supermodel.

So he's a woman. :pac::pac::pac:

Thank you for proving my point!

Ah yeah...all perfectly masculine straight men :pac::pac:

634a4eb274a9cdf91f94c68dc042d00f.jpg

Zillah wrote: »
    Do...do you actually think this is a bet you could win? Like....

You actually sound like someone who was teleported here from the 1700's. "A man...wearing a dress??? Don't be absurd! Such a thing could not happen in this, the year of our Lord 1748."

That or you have never left your Longford village of 8 people.

Did you even look at the results? You have Iggy ****ing Pop in there wearing a dress.lol

Most of those are piss takes, transgenders or fancy dresses.

A man can wear a dress but he obviously thinks he's a woman. A skirt is a womans item of clothing, have a google there and you'll see the first result!

I'll wear high heels and a mini into the office on Monday, I'd be asked what the **** is going on :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Hey Brian Griffin, why would anyone have a problem with a boy wearing a skirt? That is baffling! girls can wear trousers!

If that boy wants to wear a skirt, so what! #boysrights!!

klaaaz wrote: »
    Hey Brian Griffin, why would anyone have a problem with a boy wearing a skirt? That is baffling! girls can wear trousers!

The boy could already wear a skirt if he wanted. All he had to do was say he identifies as a girl and no one would say a thing.

Ah lads ye are gas saying there's no such thing as men or womens clothes. Sure if that was the case unisex clothing wouldn't be a thing, it would just be called clothing. :pac:

You'll tell me next a tomboy doesn't exist :pac::pac::pac:

Did you even look at the results? You have Iggy ****ing Pop in there wearing a dress.lol

Most of those are piss takes, transgenders or fancy dresses.

A man can wear a dress but he obviously thinks he's a woman. A skirt is a womans item of clothing, have a google there and you'll see the first result!

I'll wear high heels and a mini into the office on Monday, I'd be asked what the **** is going on :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Oh Sir Gerry who is not the Gerry Adams TD, that person is too old for a Primary school as pr topic as you know despite you dregging up the deepest side of the net to pursue your victimhood.

And who says a skirt is a woman's garment?

The boy could already wear a skirt if he wanted. All he had to do was say he identifies as a girl and no one would say a thing.

Ah lads ye are gas saying there's no such thing as men or womens clothes. Sure if that was the case unisex clothing wouldn't be a thing, it would just be called clothing. :pac:

You'll tell me next a tomboy doesn't exist :pac::pac::pac:

And so what Mr Personator of Gerry Adams?

How does a boy in Greystones primary school wanting to wear a skirt affect you deputy? Please explain to us all why.

Why would he wear a skirt though? Why is it necessary to have this included in school policy?

MrFresh wrote: »

That's one hell of a slippery slope you've imagined. A boy being allowed wear a skirt will lead to the normalisation of paedophilia.

Have a look.

https://prnt.sc/o5f1jd

• Advertisement

Why would he wear a skirt though? Why is it necessary to have this included in school policy?

Ask the boy maybe? So what if the boy wants to wear a skirt, who is offended? We're all ears!

I've already explained why it's a bad idea for the children in a primary school,
    So just so we are clear you find that baffling? Ok then.

634a4eb274a9cdf91f94c68dc042d00f.jpg

As accept all the other images (79 of them) not to mention the links presented by the other posters as examples of men wearing non-drag skirts, so we can can close the book on that one.

As accept all the other images (79 of them) not to mention the links presented by the other posters as examples of men wearing non-drag skirts, so we can can close the book on that one.

So you're telling me there's nothing strange or odd about a masculine straight man wearing a skirt? No one would blink an eye in a pub? Or college?

So you're telling me there's nothing strange or odd about a masculine straight man wearing a skirt? No one would blink an eye in a pub? Or college?

Do you even know what point you're trying to make any more?

Apparently you're going to redefine any man wearing a dress as not being sufficiently masculine for whatever your deranged purpose is so what is the point in even interacting with you any more?

I'd find it odd alright, but it wouldn't bother me and I wouldn't judge someone because of it - what's your point?

Because they want to?

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Mao suites for all and lack of urinals is the future!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

MrFresh wrote: »
    Do you not have an answer?

What's illogical about wearing a particular piece of clothing for fashion?
    For an adult it's a choice they can work through. For young kids it really is a judgement call adults have to make for them, being worldly wise and all that. It may also be bounded by what parents consider right. That is their prerogative.

• Advertisement

Because they want to?

Yeah so because they want to we should let them. That seems like the responsible thing as a parent to do does it?

Advertisement