Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget projector screen

• 20-06-2019 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭

Quick question folks, looking for a 92" projector screen. I had been looking at pull down screens (not so invalided that I need a remote just yet), and I came across what I can best describe as frameless screens on eBay.

Thinking about picking one up, figure I could make a wooden frame that it could be stretched on, which would be subsequently fixed to the wall.

Question is, has anybody got any experience of these types of screens, and are they at all useable?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Save your money - if you’re making a starter screen, get 2.5 meters of white black-out lining ( any fabric shop will knowwhatto sell you) and make a screen frame from 2x1 and stretch the material over the frame - there’s lots of instruction on the web showing how, this one is as clear as can be https://www.projector-screen-material.co.uk/tools/building-a-fixed-screen. If you want to use genuine projection screen material you need to do more research and reckon on the material costing you around th €150+ mark.

Ritz.

Advertisement