Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need advice with picking a used diesel car

Options
  • 20-06-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,

I have been looking for a new car recently and it seems to be very hard to decide what would be a good choice for a second-hand diesel. I have been looking at Audi a4 b8, Audi a5 and Volvo s40. My concern is the high maintenance costs of the 2.0tdi cr in VW group. (Not sure about the reliability of Volvo engines). How is the reliability of these engines and what to look out for? I see a lot of high milage 2.0tdi so they can't be that bad?

What cars would you recommend to not break the bank? I don't mind some higher maintenance costs than my current car (Corolla 1.4d4d 2010) but I don't what something that I will spend a fortune on.

Any recommendations are very welcome! :)

My budget is 6-9k euro
    years between 2009-2012
    Looking for diesel as I do a lot of driving etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

S60 would be a rival for the A4, the S40 is Focus sized.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The running costs of a Volvo and Audi will be alot higher than what your used to on with a Corolla. If your not prepared or happy for that then maybe look at something like an Avensis. You should be able to pick up a facelifted model from 2012 on your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

2L 2010/11 s40, remove the dpf.

Advertisement