Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google chrome 'Aw, Snap!': Chrome is having problems loading the page

Options
  • 20-06-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,I bought a new laptop after my old one died last week.I only use it for internet browsing and use google chrome.I installed google chrome on it and every two minutes i'm getting the aw snap message on it when refreshing a page and have to reload page again.it's very frustrating as i use a lot of sites when they have to be refreshed constantly.

I've tried all of the recommended fixes including cache and cookies,stopping all extensions,reinstalling it again and used the clean up tool but nothing is working.Is there any other things that can possibly fix the issue before i throw the laptop out the window?:)I installed firefox and have no problems with it but i much prefer google chrome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It's likely to do with an extension or preference from your Gmail account when signed in - can you use it in Incognito mode for a while and see if the issues remain? What extensions have you got installed (from Settings - Extensions or visit "chrome://extensions/" in the URL bar).

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ben36

The only extension i have is adblock and i already tried removing it and the issue remained.What do you mean by preference from your Gmail account?I'll try the Incognito mode and see it that works.Thanks for the help.

Just tried Incognito mode and within 30 seconds it crashed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Strange, can you disable the following settings, restart Chrome and try again please? Both of these are at the bottom of Settings > Advanced

- Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed
    - Use hardware acceleration when available

Thanks very much.I've done what you said ten minutes ago and not one crash since.Hopefully thats that now.Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did the new laptop come with some crappy antivirus pushed on you by the salesperson?

ED E wrote: »
    Did the new laptop come with some crappy antivirus pushed on you by the salesperson?

No,i tried all options given to me by the chrome help page and tried everything until advertsfox came to the rescue.Not one crash since i done what he said :):)

Advertisement