Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Gonzo wrote: »
    Everyone was expecting the east coast to be slightly cooler, but I don't think anyone was expecting 14 to 17C for the majority of the country today, most of the UK is similar too. This is more than just easterly sea breezes keeping things cooler along the east coast because it's far too widespread. It may warm up a bit more as the day goes along but I don't see 20C being reached for the majority of us today.

Tomorrow should be better for most of us, and Friday too but the warm plume will be starting to move away from us from Friday evening, so any warmth is going to be very short lived at this stage.

As I typed this, the sun is starting to shine, so maybe the second half of today is going to be a bit better.

20 past 11 in the morning you typed that. 11:20am. Talk about jumping the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Patience needed.

In June it doesnt get warm until 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Baking hot and it's only 12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful now here in Castlebar. Warm and plenty of sunshine

Cloudy in Sligo even though Satellite is clear. Why isnt this cumulus cloud showing

Also that cold cloud from the North is accelerating down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

I’m convinced I’m never going to see the sun again :(
    Haven’t seen three rock mountain out my office window all week it’s hidden behind cloud and feels quite chilly here today in Cherrywood D18

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Beautiful now here in Castlebar. Warm and plenty of sunshine

Same here in my area of meath, not sure what the proper temp is, but its 20 degrees in our garden, it is protected from the breeze to be fair, great day for watching the planes circling before heading for dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

pauldry wrote: »
    Cloudy in Sligo even though Satellite is clear. Why isnt this cumulus cloud showing

Looking at the HD visible satellite imagery on Sat24, I can see the cloud over Sligo town and that general area. It looks like it's currently building further.

Met Éireann have nudged their max up to 28for tomorrow, surely 29 30 is possible now, a sweltering day it shall be in the southwest midwest and west, the threat of heavy thundery showers breaking out across the country from Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Best day of the week so far in Castlebar, just touching 19C with nice blue skies.

• Advertisement

Also on Satellite that really hot air is getting closer to the SE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

highdef wrote: »
    In fairness, we have only just entered into the afternoon and there are a good 4 to 5 hours to go until we reach the maximum temperatures today. Cloud is breaking up quite well across many parts of the country now. I'm already seeing temperatures of 20 - 22c in county Cork. That's very respectable for the AM. Many other parts of the country are nudging towards 20c now with just the eastern 1/3 of the country seeing lower temperatures due to the keen onshore breeze.

I feel that as a large majority of posters are resident in the GDA, we are going to see a lot of "complaints" that the temperatures are lower than forecast. A lot of posters are reading the Met Eireann national forecast and assuming this applies to the GDA as well but if you read the Dublin forecast, it tell a different story as I have already mentioned.

I still think 27/28c will be reached in the coming days, somewhere in the western half of the country.

Again, no one is really complaining about the lower temps. We all know that the coast is always cooler in set ups like these. I'm delighted the rest of the country is getting nice weather - it's well deserved.

The problem is that for 3 days in a row sun has been forecast for Dublin right up until the evening prior and it's been nothing but cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met Éireann

WARNINGS

NATIONAL WARNINGS

Status: YellowHigh-Temperature warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick

Status Yellow - High-Temperature warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick

Temperatures will be in excess of 27.0 degrees Celsius, during Thursday afternoon.

Valid: Thursday 27 June 2019 13:00 to Thursday 27 June 2019 19:00

Issued: Wednesday 26 June 2019 12:00

Updated: Wednesday 26 June 2019 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely out here; sunny with a sweet breeze to temper the heat. ah! west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

there's no need for a 27 degree temperature warning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

lawred2 wrote: »

Are there is our west wouldn't be use to the heat ha

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Some humble snow pie will be eaten tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

20 past 11 in the morning you typed that. 11:20am. Talk about jumping the gun.

it was looking very bleak here this morning, however the sun has broken through here now, but it's still fairly nippy in that breeze. Currently 17C but at least the sun has finally come out. I was finding it difficult to believe that the sun would come out, based on the past 3 days of very cloudy conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Met Eireann's weather symbols now saying up to 30°c for me in West Clare tomorrow.

Pleasantly warm day in West Clare, with sunshine and some clouds, not too humid nor hot. Quite a breeze also.

Cloud has bubbled up further in Sligo though temp is rising. Could be a shower before days end.

20c now

Who needs 27c though sun would be nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Very cloudy again in Cork :( can we not just have a bit of sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Very cloudy again in Cork :( can we not just have a bit of sun!

Can't believe how much cooler it feels since early this morning either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

is Friday our best chance of countrywide Storms moving up from the South West, Cape values look decent enough for thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    But it was a lovely evening in the West!!!!

Lovely evening yesterday. Took this at sundown in Abbeyknockmoy:

GDlpNeG.png

New Moon

lawred2 wrote: »

Temperatures will be in excess of 27, up to 30 locally in the west.

So there is every need for such a warning.
    As these are uncommon, people should be aware, dehydration, sun stroke, sun burn etc

The Northern veil of cloud just approaching Donegal now.

Must be disappating on landfall as Met Eireann have completely ignored it.

To me it looks like Northwest will be 18 to 21c tomorrow

but West roasts

Southwest prob cloudier

After some brief sunshine here it is 19c and cloudy again

Certainly id say its been cloudy 90 per cent of day so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Friday and Saturday look like being the warmest days in the greater Dublin region with the easterly breezes less of a problem.

Tomorrow looks warmest for the west, then it breaks down a bit there on Friday with some heavy showers possible cooling things down a bit.

looking at the temperature map, it's into the 20's once again in the mid west, east and north coastal areas still in the teens.

temp_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Gonzo wrote: »
    it was looking very bleak here this morning, however the sun has broken through here now, but it's still fairly nippy in that breeze. Currently 17C but at least the sun has finally come out. I was finding it difficult to believe that the sun would come out, based on the past 3 days of very cloudy conditions.

really Gonzo, Im in Navan and its splitting the stones and its 21c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Duvetdays wrote: »
    I’m convinced I’m never going to see the sun again :(
    Haven’t seen three rock mountain out my office window all week it’s hidden behind cloud and feels quite chilly here today in Cherrywood D18

I can see the mcguillycuddy reeks from my office :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

I can see the mcguillycuddy reeks from my office :D

I can see the Dublin Mountains from mine, looking forward to knocking off this evening

Advertisement