Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Sun finally made an appearance in Letterkenny this afternoon though the strong breeze making it feel more like April than midsummer. Still hasn't been a single day this year where I'd feel comfortable going further than the local shops with just a t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's a nice sunny evening in Dublin 11 this evening but the northeast breeze is cold. It's currently 16.4C. The high today was 19.5C. It was sunny this morning then clouded up in the middle of the day and cleared and became fine later this afternoon and evening. The temperature hasn't gone over 20 here since May.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Nice lingering high pressure dominant theme for early July in the charts hopefully some proper summer weather starting now finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Sun finally made an appearance in Letterkenny this afternoon though the strong breeze making it feel more like April than midsummer. Still hasn't been a single day this year where I'd feel comfortable going further than the local shops with just a t-shirt
    Never go anywhere without your britches man. Not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Amazing how little the pollen index is mentioned this year. Pollen levels very high this week if not exceptional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Some chance of localized thunderstorm activity tonight and Thursday in Kerry as the complex offshore drifts past and then later in the day any sea breeze boundaries near Donegal Bay could activate, models don't tend to catch these small localized cells but if you get one over your local drainage you will notice the results. Can recall back a few years now one localized heat-induced storm flooding out a small town on the northwest coast, anyone recall the specifics? I think it was either Bundoran or near there. Cars upside down in a culvert is what I recall.

And that sort of thing could happen over just 1% or less of the country with the other 99% blissfully unaware of it.
    No mention of shower for tonight or tomorrow morning on Met Eireanns Munster forecast, Euro4 does show some tomorrow morning though. Pollen driving me nuts even with an anti histamine tablet taken.
    19062709_2612.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Amazing how little the pollen index is mentioned this year. Pollen levels very high this week if not exceptional
    Met Eireann have been tweeting about high pollen levels all week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Not a bad end to the day here in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

No need to mention it as everyone with hayfever is dieing at the min including myself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Never suffered badly with hay fever before but my god I am in bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

A fitting end to a beautiful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Optrivine eye drops
    Beconaise nose spray
    And Pirotin tablets in dire emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very close and sticky night in Cork.
    With the very high uppers due tomorrow I doubt many of us will sleep on Thursday night.
    We all love extremes and heat but not looking forward to it tbh.
    Add in the dreaded Hayfever for good measure! !

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

So the forecast from ME again is for sun all day tomorrow in greystones. It was wrong for today, what should we expect tomorrow?

What is causing the inaccurate ME forecasts this week? Usually find the app quite reliable.
    I follow this forum religiously but unfortunately a lot of the lingo goes over my head. How long are the forecasts going to be inaccurate for? Regarding cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

11vofmu.jpg

296mzqu.jpg

14x34ao.jpg

2mfx3z7.jpg

124eivk.jpg

oivd06.jpg

4sdtas.jpg

okyccw.jpg

nvy1ah.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Where do YOU live? Paradise?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea 850 wetbulbs 8-10 degrees higher tomorriw than today- going to feel tropical by evening time

This level of 850hPa temp (+18-+20) only experienced a few times every decade. I wonder will we notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Just had a quick look at Thurday's forecast for my house&garden - MetéoFrance have revised upward their prediction, from 37°C to 40°C.

W

T

F

?

:eek:

That's going to be about 6° higher than it's ever been in the 15 years I've been living there.

Parents have been told not to send their children to school on Thursday or Friday (the French equivalent of the Junior Cert had already been postponed till next week).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Some intense thunderstorm activity has developed just west of Biscay - maybe a 50/50 chance this could meaningfully clip the southwest later tonight.

https://en.sat24.com/en/eu/km

Something to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Some intense thunderstorm activity has developed just west of Biscay - maybe a 50/50 chance this could meaningfully clip the southwest later tonight.

https://en.sat24.com/en/eu/km

Something to watch.

We also have the lowest temp on that page. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Looks like them thunderstorms in the bay of biscay could go up the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

After the disappointing morning in Dublin, the weather became much better through the afternoon and I decided to enjoy the sunshine at the Wicklow Mountains. Also got the pool running for the fourth consecutive year.

Sunset was superb too.

5n91SPD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Yea 850 wetbulbs 8-10 degrees higher tomorriw than today- going to feel tropical by evening time

This level of 850hPa temp (+18-+20) only experienced a few times every decade. I wonder will we notice?

Bring it on I say.

It’s felt freezing in Dublin since Sunday and mainly cloudy too.

I forget what it feels like to sweat from the heat and be able to keep the windows open. I only turned the heating off last Friday.

We can all melt for the rest of the summer as far as I’m concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

The grass pollen levels are extremely high tonight. Sudden bust of heat is causing a lot of plant activity generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So today

hirlamuk-41-21-0.png?26-23

ScaryWellmadeFox-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Was just looking at the 00z upper air charts, the 576 dm thickness has reached the Channel now and the 570 is poised to reach south coast of Ireland before 0800h making steady progress north. There is a large area of 582 dm thickness in France that will probably reset after shrinking away somewhat overnight.

Would say those predicted 2m temps are fairly accurate but might be inclined to add 2-3 deg in places, in particular, Galway, Roscommon area.

Also south Wales and Cardigan Bay could do better than shown. We'll know soon enough.

Storm alert for Kerry and southwest Cork later, the action is moving northwest towards them. Localized heavy thunderstorms over hilly areas could lead to flash flooding of small rivers and streams in a few isolated instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

I’m so ready for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

i have mentioned it a few times. Today I am walled in as I was briefly outside and between the midges and the pollen... Not safe out there, for anyone with allergies. SNIFF, SNEEZE, wheeze.

But glorious skies and a slender silver moon.. small clouds shinning up the mountains.... clear and so still.. can forgive a lot for the sheer beauty..

longing for a magnum but by the time ice cream got out here it would be liquid,,

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

16°c, Strong cool breeze and overcast in West Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

25 degrees today in limerick.. weather warning!! Patchetic carry on..

Advertisement