Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

JCX BXC wrote: »
    16°c, Strong cool breeze and overcast in West Clare.

Same in Letterkenny, dull, grey and breezy yet again.

Satellite looks a lot more promising today at least so should hopefully clear as the morning goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

25 degrees today in limerick.. weather warning!! Patchetic carry on..

You realise the weather warning is for temperatures over 27°c.

I don't get why people always state the weather warning is for lower temperatures than it is. Yano, it's not hard to read. I suppose having outrage and tabloid like comments is more important than accuracy or fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I don't get why people always state the weather warning is for lower temperatures than it is. Yano, it's not hard to read. I suppose having outrage and tabloid like comments is more important than accuracy or fact.

EXCEPT some of the tabloids that are already overdoing it... classic example yesterday was the sun, it will hit 24 somewhere.. yes somewhere. and then you have the rest with the usual clickbait boooloxology

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Rte gave a weather warning yesterday on the news for limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Pops_20

The weather warning is for the entire county of Limerick. Not just the space you occupy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Very windy but sunny and no rain here in South beara

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A lovely start to the day in Castlebar, 15.4C and blue skies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Why are you always moaning about people -issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Anyone with data on where the hottest part of the country will be? - with the onshore winds I reckon coastal areas could be a bit cooler than some inland regions marked in ME yellow warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Was just looking at the 00z upper air charts, the 576 dm thickness has reached the Channel now and the 570 is poised to reach south coast of Ireland before 0800h making steady progress north. There is a large area of 582 dm thickness in France that will probably reset after shrinking away somewhat overnight.

Would say those predicted 2m temps are fairly accurate but might be inclined to add 2-3 deg in places, in particular, Galway, Roscommon area.

Also south Wales and Cardigan Bay could do better than shown. We'll know soon enough.

Storm alert for Kerry and southwest Cork later, the action is moving northwest towards them. Localized heavy thunderstorms over hilly areas could lead to flash flooding of small rivers and streams in a few isolated instances.

Really looking forward to this in mid cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

They did, and the weather warning is for temperatures in excess of 27°c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

With an Easterly flow the hottest weather is going to be on the west coast. With the high temperature warning coming in effect this afternoon in the case of Co. Limerick it is the western half is more likely to have temperatures of over 27°. Limerick City might only be around 25 to 26 degrees today. The Max temperature yesterday was at Mace Head, Co. Galway at 23°C. Dublin Airport however will struggle to get to 20°C due to onshore winds off the cool Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Lovely day here in Dublin CC. I'd be tempted to go for a walk along the canal until the internet in work comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very windy in Galway City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Low cloud on the Dublin coast. Appears as a small speck on the sat but has obscured the whole sun. Hope it clears quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Crazy wind in North Clare all night. Probably around 50-60km/hr and doesn't look like it's going to relax as the day goes on. Don't think it will be a hot one here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In Roscommon right now, just hit 20. I'm heading for Sligo so I'll give you a reading from there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The weather warning is only to be aware of the higher temperatures and to take the needed precautions. It is not like we get places above 27C on a regular summer's day.
    Anyway here in Kilkenny it is currently 21.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

eagle eye wrote: »
    In Roscommon right now, just hit 20. I'm heading for Sligo so I'll give you a reading from there as well.

Its 18.5c in Sligo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

20.2c here in Waterford City under sunny skies but the breeze is gusting to 35km/h ENE. Its more of a warm breeze today compared to yesterdays which was cool.I think 23c might be our limit today if the breeze remains as strong.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very windy here in Meath, currently 17C, could today be the first 20C of the summer? With this wind i'm not so sure but at least its sunny and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,527 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

pauldry wrote:
    Its 18.5c in Sligo
    Yeah and beautiful. If you could hold that weather I'd stay here forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Bright and sunny in cork city! Very windy though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Stunning in Arklow also
    That breeze is lighter too
    Gin blue sky

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

36C already in parts of France, should definitely reach over 40C in parts of central France today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

18c in Killnaboy this morning, the limestone is some heat absorber....

The river Fergus is quite low too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gonzo wrote: »
    36C already in parts of France, should definitely reach over 40C in parts of central France today.

Even Nice on the media coast was 31 at 10am!
    Was there in the early 2000's and recall the car reading 42c on the A8 between nice and Marseilles
    Seriously hot
    Twas the year of the official record I think
    But at night outside was unbearable tbh nevermind daytime

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

20.8C now in Castlebar, the warmest it has been all year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Met Eireann had a prediction of 21C for my location in Kilkenny, already 23.6C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Cool and windy in downtown Schull, although the sun has just broken through.

The predicted temperatures in this forecast puzzle me:- https://meteoradar.co.uk/EN/forecast/h/2547587/schull

Advertisement