Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭aisling86

Would be unreal if this came in further but looking at windy it disappears before it hits the coast, until tomorrow morning then it's showing for a thunderstorm west of cork city to Tralee area. Really intense looking north of Tralee then around lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The highest the temperature reached today was 19.8C, refusing to reach or pass 20, which it hasn't done since May. And quite breezy too. It felt cool at that temperature with the stiff breeze even in full sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Max synops today:

28.4 Shannon
    28.0 Valentia
    25.1 Mace Head
    25.0 Oak Park
    18.5 Dublin Airport
    17.7 Casement
    16.0 Malin Head

Kerry Airport also briefly hit a rounded 28 degrees in one metar this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Max synops today:

28.4 Shannon
    28.0 Valentia
    25.1 Mace Head
    25.0 Oak Park
    18.5 Dublin Airport
    17.7 Casement
    16.0 Malin Head

Kerry Airport also briefly hit a rounded 28 degrees in one metar this afternoon.

For a change, these are higher than the highest max in the UK (26.9 at Pembrey Sands).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Was glorious but a bit windy up doing the Howth Head cliff walk earlier today.

Late lunch in the Bloody Stream (under the DART Station) made up for it.

Great day, and we got away before the packs of post LC or whomever descended at about 4oc, when they woke up and wandered.

Dublin City itself may have issues, but in fairness it is great to be able to be at the sea within a half an hour tops. Either North or Southside.

We made the most of it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Probably posted already but Frances all time record broken today
    43.5c
    That's 110F

Where in France was that...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

My weather station near Tralee recorded 28.4C and currently 25.4C

Felt quite hot this afternoon around town, rare to have such a warm breeze

Rh 56%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It did not get higher than 25C in Castlebar today, but the temperature has been very slow in dropping, it has been nearly static the last 4 hours, humidity is at 39% which is a nice change from the spell in late May last year when it was over 75% in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Luke-m wrote: »
    That’s one run and the mean is better. Hopefully it was rogue and it doesn’t have support. We’ll know more with future runs.

Looks like the ECM 12z is even worse with an unusually cold northerly around t192.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Max synops today:

28.4 Shannon
    28.0 Valentia
    25.1 Mace Head
    25.0 Oak Park
    18.5 Dublin Airport
    17.7 Casement
    16.0 Malin Head

27.0c in Durrow Climatological Station:

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1144319251379081217?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is it to stay nice tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I'd say Ardfert will push Shannon for highest temp, usually have to wait a while for a report from there though

Not sure on temperature here, phone maxed at 24C but regardless a beautiful cloudless day once the morning gloom cleared. Hopefully a repeat tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Danno wrote: »

Smashes the June record for there then so! Noice :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durrow%2C_County_Laois

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

That’s out of date, 2018 already smashed it to pieces and 2019 has not beaten it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

sryanbruen wrote: »
    That’s out of date, 2018 already smashed it to pieces and 2019 has not beaten it.

Thanks, what was it out of interest? Definitely an opening for weather nerds to update climate data on Wiki :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    The wind here is beginning to border on fierce. It is odd to hear winds howling November style on the sunniest, warmest day of the year in midsummer.

Whistling through the gate here earlier, it was nice relief from the scorching sun, spare a thought for the ginger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Darwin

Météo-France giving 44c tomorrow for Nîmes with northerly wind gusts up to 65km/h. Hairdryer comes to mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Luke-m

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Looks like the ECM 12z is even worse with an unusually cold northerly around t192.
    I agree it looks dreadful. Again it’s one run. More runs needed. It has support from the mean but very brief before pressure rises. Personally I think we are going to be entering a westerly outcome with partly cloudy skies, sunshine, showers and average temps being the order of the day. I’ll take that over the first three week's of June.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Darwin wrote: »
    Météo-France giving 44c tomorrow for Nîmes with northerly wind gusts up to 65km/h. Hairdryer comes to mind!

Serious fuel for wildfires!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today almost got to 20C here at Dunshaughlin, but didn't quite make it, despite what my phone said earlier. Dublin maxed out at 18C today once again.

Tomorrow may be the only day in the entire month of June where 20C get's broken in Dublin and much of Meath, there are coastal parts which may not achieve this tomorrow. I'm not confident about Dublin reaching 20+ on Saturday with cloud an rain likely with relatively cooler Atlantic air pushing in but we shall see.

Will be interesting to see how June finish's in Dublin with overall temperatures, I'm fairly certain we will end up with a colder than average June in what has been a terrible month for warmth along much of the east coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Gerry Murphy on the 9.30 weather. "One of our computer models showing some intense showers over parts of Clare and Galway tomorrow afternoon"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

txint_uk.png

Today's max's. Most of Ireland did very well today with the exception of that yellow semi circle in the Greater Dublin area. Tomorrow should provide some warmth at last for Dublin, fingers crossed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durrow%2C_County_Laois

That has been updated. A good few record highs/lows were since superseded.

Today's 27.0c is a long way behind the 31.3c recorded last year.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Today's max's. Most of Ireland did very well today with the exception of that yellow semi circle in the Greater Dublin area. Tomorrow should provide some warmth at last for Dublin, fingers crossed.

Fixed that for you... :D

483762.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭jkforde

Gerry Murphy on the 9.30 weather. "One of our computer models showing some intense showers over parts of Clare and Galway tomorrow afternoon"

yeah, check this from yr.no, though the rain forecast from met.ie is for them to be over west near clifden and nw mayo

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met reports 10pm . What a beautiful evening/night out there

Valentia 23 degrees
    Shannon 22 degrees
    Moore park 21 degrees
    Belmullet 21 degrees
    Newport,Finner and Mace head 20 degrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

jkforde wrote: »
    yeah, check this from yr.no, though the rain forecast from met.ie is for them to be over west near clifden and nw mayo

Jesus who really wants that amount of rain seriously ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Jesus who really wants that amount of rain seriously ?

Checks yr.no for my location
    Cries
    An inch of rain in 6 hours
    Most of it in 2 hours

Met Eireann and met office have it much further west though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Currently 17c at my station In Arklow
    Flat calm so feeling very balmy
    Top temp here today was 20.4c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

jkforde wrote: »

I was waiting to hear weekend forecast. Did I miss Saturday's forecast? Connacht hosting Feile Peile 2019.
    Tayto Park Fest Sunday. Emmmm.

Glorious day in Meath. Didn't want to be anywhere only the back garden. That breeze was a happy medium for me in the sunshine and blue skies.

Advertisement