Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon Tea

Options
  • 21-06-2019 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭

hey folks
    I want to take the mother out for afternoon tea for a special occasion, its something she always wants to do but wouldn't spend the money on it herself to go to one of the really nice ones, so I thought why not treat her,

Just wondering where is the best place in the City ,The Shelburne ,The Merrion, The Westin and so on ?

Oh she doesn't drink so cocktails or champagne wouldn't be plus if you get me ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 NashD

That thread is pretty good - definitely don't do the Shelbourne unless your mum has romantic notions about it - they really pack you in. The Westbury is brilliant for people watching and relaxing. Plus I think they recently changed the menu to tie in with some fashion theme....

One that wasn't mentioned was the Vintage Tea Tours - it's actually been my favourite but it's quirky as opposed to opulent so probably not what you are looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

The one in the Merrion is spectacular. The Westin is pretty nice too.

I didn't have a great experience at the Westin. I didn't find the service great, they had misplaced our reservation and when they did find space for us they rushed us through. It was probably a once-off because of the mix up with the reservation, but I don't plan on going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

My one and only afternoon tea was at the Merrion and it was extremely disappointing. So much so that they offered us a lunch by way of apologies. That was much a better food and experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

For a Mammy, I'd recommend the Westbury.
    Lovely location, great for people spotting.
    Pretty sure you can order it without alcohol and just have tea instead.
    Lovely thing to do. Enjoy yourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

There's a special bus that drives around the city centre and does afternoon tea.

Advertisement