Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPC 1 and BTEA

Options
  • 21-06-2019 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Do I qualify for the BTEA if doing the PPC 1 course in Blackhall.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

tommyh1979 wrote: »
    Do I qualify for the BTEA if doing the PPC 1 course in Blackhall.

I thought the BTEA didn’t cover professional courses and the PPC would be classed as a professional course as it’s a profession award rather than a degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tommyh1979

yes, that appears to be the case. It's a challenging one as the hours make it difficult to hold a job.

yes, that appears to be the case. It's a challenging one as the hours make it difficult to hold a job.

Most law firms pay their employees while they’re doing the PPC....Have you tried applying to a law firm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tommyh1979

Most law firms pay their employees while they’re doing the PPC....Have you tried applying to a law firm?

even during the PPC 1 academic part ?

even during the PPC 1 academic part ?

That's my understanding, but 1 of the 2 people I know who were paid during their studies was a legal exec first and then went to do her PPCs and came back to same firm as a lawyer......you'd probably be better asking in the legal forum about what firms pay for people to do their PPCs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement