Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have Cuurys head office email

Options
  • 21-06-2019 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Google is bringing up UK details I'm looking to file a complaint prefer to do via email.

I bought a dishwasher a year ago. After 10 1/2 months it started going faulty. It's now 6 weeks into repair with 3 engineer visits and the guy yesterday says they have to come back. It's still not working. It's the same fault.

It has now literally just gone out of warranty and curry's are playing silly beggers. They are trying to override consumer law with their own company policy. Saying tough you didn't purchase an extended warranty.

I have confirmed with consumer protection that I am entitled to either of the following

Repair - not acceptable as they have had 3 chances which has not worked
    Replace - no as even engineer said he would never buy due to the amount of faults with this brand
    Refund- this is what I want now

Has anyone taken on curry's and won this without going to court.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Thanks I have no issues going to scc.

I'm like a dog with a bone and won't let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

Thanks I have no issues going to scc.

I'm like a dog with a bone and won't let it go.

I had a problem with a phone (landline) from Curries. Got the same response. AS soon as I mentioned Consumer rights etc. they issued a refund for about 65% of cost.
    Go back, quote the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 and you should see them change their position

I have had a phone call from head office this evening. I informed them that I had spoken to ccpc. They have advised me they have emailed to local store to authorise a full refund.

Going in tomorrow so we will see

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I have had a phone call from head office this evening. I informed them that I had spoken to ccpc. They have advised me they have emailed to local store to authorise a full refund.

Going in tomorrow so we will see

Just curious how you got on in the end?

• Advertisement

They picked it up today. I should get a full refund tomorrow but I'm not relying on that till its back in my bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Curry's quality control has gone to the dogs, soon to be father in law bought a super expensive 4k tv the other week, 1.5k worth. Got it home only to find the screen was cracked, went back and got another, brought it home, another cracked screen, 1, fair enough it can happen, but 2? of the exact same super expensive tv, from the exact same store? What are they doing to their stock in there

Just an update. Received full refund today

Advertisement