Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Show me the evidence then please. Multiple reputable sources if you dont mind.
    Stephen15 wrote: »
    I guess you don't like facts very much Joey if you happen ro view them as racist

Another unanswered question Stephen. You're racking them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Another unanswered question Stephen. You're racking them up.

He did an interview with Matt Cooper where he said he took the wrong advice when he attended the neo nazi rallies I can't find that interview as it's no longer on Today FM's podcasts and I can't find it on Youtube since I listened to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

He did an interview with Matt Cooper where he said he took the wrong advice when he attended the neo nazi rallies I can't find that interview as it's no longer on Today FM's podcasts and I can't find it on Youtube since I listened to it

Did he cover his Italian fascist rally attendance as well?

This recording from 10:38 mins:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/5dlpsk/interview_with_justin_barrett_from_the_recently/

Speaking again about fascists.

Matt: Do you regret going to those meetings?
    Justin: I regret not being more careful about whom I had contact with and whom I spoke to.

But did not regret going to the meeting. Not exactly what you said stephen.

batgoat wrote: »
    Did he cover his Italian fascist rally attendance as well?

I presume that's what he was talking about the ones in Italy and Germany. Now a quick question for you if he attended those rallies in the past and then turned around and changed his side to the left and started supporting immigration into Ireland would you even care about his views in the past?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ah lads, lay off giving Justin a hard time. Sure it could happen to a bishop.
    https://abcnews.go.com/International/pope-benedict-dogged-nazi-past-achievements-jewish-relations/story?id=18469350

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I'd really really like to see you answer some questions without a question Stephen so look at this list and answer please. If you don't then I won't be answering any of yours.

1. Did you watch the YouTube video where he rants about "that migrant" in reference to Hazel Chu?

2. Do you think that is not racist?

3. Do you think that Hazel Chu is Irish?

4. Can someone who is not pale skinned with freckles be Irish?

If you don't answer these questions I will refuse to engage with anymore of your bull****.

Sorry Stephen, you seemed to have missed this post.

I presume that's what he was talking about the ones in Italy and Germany. Now a quick question for you if he attended those rallies in the past and then turned around and changed his side to the left and started supporting immigration into Ireland would you even care about his views in the past?

It clearly did not, he didn't reference the Italian ones on the national party site. Would I have time for him if he was on the left? Nope, I would view him as completely untrustworthy. You seem to think I'll trust people simply because they're on the left. I would also find their explanations to be completely inadequate if they were akin to Barrett's. Nobody accidentally(That's what his site claims) ends up speaking to a gang of Nazis, particularly when you're writing books that are weirdly in line with them.

This recording from 10:38 mins:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/5dlpsk/interview_with_justin_barrett_from_the_recently/

Speaking again about fascists.

Matt: Do you regret going to those meetings?
    Justin: I regret not being more careful about whom I had contact with and whom I spoke to.

But did not regret going to the meeting. Not exactly what you said stephen.

Correct I did not say he said he regretted going to those meetings I said that said he took the wrong advice. "I regret not being more careful about whom I had contact with and whom I spoke to" is pretty similar to saying that he took the wrong advice sorry for not being able to remember what he said word for word.

Correct I did not say he said he regretted going to those meetings I said that said he took the wrong advice. "I regret not being more careful about whom I had contact with and whom I spoke to" is pretty similar to saying that he took the wrong advice sorry for not being able to remember what he said word for word.

Ah now Stephen you said:

He said in an interview that he took the wrong advice when he attended those rallies.

And that's not what he said at all. I'll leave people to listen to the interview themselves and make up their own minds.

• Advertisement

It clearly did not, he didn't reference the Italian ones on the national party site. Would I have time for him if he was on the left? Nope, I would view him as completely untrustworthy. You seem to think I'll trust people simply because they're on the left. I would also find their explanations to be completely inadequate if they were akin to Barrett's. Nobody accidentally(That's what his site claims) ends up speaking to a gang of Nazis, particularly when you're writing books that are weirdly in line with them.

I never asked would you support him I asked you would you care if he went to neo Nazi meetings in the past then did a 180° turn to becoming left wing? Do you realise that people change over the course of 20 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What is the argument here?

How many people should Ireland take in a year? obviously it shouldn't be zero or an endless amount Nobody wants to put a figure down.
    And what colour should they be? And what should the wear on their heads? These are clearly the key issues for some of you on this thread.

How do you know he's a prick?
    He's hanging round with Gemma at Barrow St. What more evidence do you need?

Did you listen to him belittling the mental health of other people, making snide remarks about what kind of hospital they should be in. He's an uber-prick.
    And this is what we're dealing with. Someone who thinks mocking the dead is hilarious. :mad:
    And don't forget his mocking of people with mental health issues.

I never asked would you support him I asked you would you care if he went to neo Nazi meetings in the past then did a 180° turn to becoming left wing? Do you realise that people change over the course of 20 years?

Yes I would absolutely care. There's absolutely no indication that he changed course, the National Party website is also very much so pushing a claim that he was oblivious to the fact that they were Nazis. His views seem rather consistent with Neo Nazi, he regularly targets immigrants and refugees for racist rants. And frankly his tweeting sounds like that of a Neo Nazi or a massive racist, neither is great.

https://twitter.com/justinbarrettnp/status/1133306973607350272?lang=en

Yes I would absolutely care. There's absolutely no indication that he changed course, the National Party website is also very much so pushing a claim that he was oblivious to the fact that they were Nazis. His views seem rather consistent with Neo Nazi, he regularly targets immigrants and refugees for racist rants. And frankly his tweeting sounds like that of a Neo Nazi or a massive racist, neither is great.

He's called out issues with immigration that's not targetting them. Immigrants and refugees are not a race so how is what he said racist exactly?

How do you know he's a prick? Have you met him? I mean I can't say he's a lovely man as I have never met him either but how do you know he is a prick. Are you that much of a bigot that you think anyone with an opposing political opinion to yours is a prick?

I think anyone who is a racist homophobe like him and the other head of their party is a prick, nothing to do with opposing political views.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/national-party-walkout-over-varadkar-gay-slur-gtkbbwkxb

You already have their racist views given to you.

He's called out issues with immigration that's not targetting them. Immigrants and refugees are not a race so how is what he said racist exactly?

Xenophobia and racism, how's that? Cause he engages in both as do you. Also good to see your ignoring his pretty horrendous tweet.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    I think anyone who is a racist homophobe like him and the other head of their party is a prick, nothing to do with opposing political views.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/national-party-walkout-over-varadkar-gay-slur-gtkbbwkxb

A little coincidental that it was Trumps Doonbeg hotel where that NP Conference took place...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

And what colour should they be? And what should the wear on their heads? These are clearly the key issues for some of you on this thread

Point proven. You don't have an answer. I doubt you really care when it comes to it. You just want to argue with people online because
    A) You are bored and lonely or
    B) You are a weirdo

Firstly that article is behind a paywall so I cannot read it. This is what I have read.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    John Wilson, a guest speaker, challenged "homophobic" comments made by deputy leader James Reynolds. Barrett defended Reynolds' comments and reportedly answered in the affirmative when asked by Wilson whether the National Party was "only for straight Irish people". Wilson then walked out in protest at the comments.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Party_(Ireland,_2016)

Reportedly does not he did I will need more conclusive evidence than that like an actual open with or on Youtube.

As for you viewing him as a prick you say that as if you know him personally just because you don't agree with his politcal views dosen't mean you can't like him as a person and you can't judge him personally if you have never met him. I know many people with political views I don't agree with personally that doesn't I don't like them and agree with some of their other political views. Hell I might even agree with some of your political views not all but somea nd you might be a very person I don't know I've never met you.

I'd really really like to see you answer some questions without a question Stephen so look at this list and answer please. If you don't then I won't be answering any of yours.

1. Did you watch the YouTube video where he rants about "that migrant" in reference to Hazel Chu?

If you don't answer these questions I will refuse to engage with anymore of your bull****.

Sorry Stephen, you seemed to have missed this post.

Is there a reason you're ignoring this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I guess you don't like facts very much Joey if you happen ro view them as racist

Ye what now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Firstly that article is behind a paywall so I cannot read it. This is what I have read.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Party_(Ireland,_2016)

Reportedly does not he did I will need more conclusive evidence than that like an actual open with or on Youtube.

As for you viewing him as a prick you say that as if you know him personally just because you don't agree with his politcal views dosen't mean you can't like him as a person and you can't judge him personally if you have never met him. I know many people with political views I don't agree with personally that doesn't I don't like them and agree with some of their other political views. Hell I might even agree with some of your political views not all but somea nd you might be a very person I don't know I've never met you.

Racism, bigotry and homophobia are political views now?

You don't have to meet someone to think their a prick when they publicly state what they are all about.

Racism, bigotry and homophobia are political views now?

You don't have to meet someone to think their a prick when they publicly state what they are all about.

I don't see any racism, bigotry or homophobia coming from Justin Barrett unless your definition of racism is different to the dictionary's. As for homophobia I haven't seen any but he has said he is against Islam which is a very homophobic ideology.

I don't see any racism, bigotry or homophobia coming from Justin Barrett unless your definition of racism is different to the dictionary's. As for homophobia I haven't seen any but he has said he is against Islam which is a very homophobic ideology.

No interest in answering pink eye's questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,773 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Which dictionary are you looking at :confused:

Overheal wrote: »
    Which dictionary are you looking at :confused:

Google racism this is what you'll find

Racism:
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I haven't see any racism from him or the National party anti immigration views are not racist as racism is directed at a race and immigrants are not a race

• Registered Users Posts: 82,773 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Google racism this is what you'll find

Racism:
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I haven't see any racism from him or the National party anti immigration views are not racist as racism is directed at a race and immigrants are not a race

I mean you fit that definition sure: you are discriminate in which immigrants (eg. South Africans vs. Koreans) you would admit. The lad attacked Chu for being Chinese. He specifically attacked her Chinese ancestry for not having a potato blight. Specifically he made a public speech that Chu has no ancestry here bc China didn’t have a potato famine and he would revoke her citizenship if he came into power because of that. That’s racism, friend. Stupid racism but racism the same. Also you glossed over homophobia and bigotry.

Now are you going to answer the questions above? Specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Answer the questions, Stephen...

I think it's a disgrace that you won't address those questions, and blithely ignore them, while asking questions of others.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I think it's a disgrace that you won't address those questions, and blithely ignore them, while asking questions of others.

Hardly a "disgrace" though is it. The poster is correct not to let himself be bullied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement