Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Who are you calling Racist?

By saying both genders should be treated equal?

I didn't specify as to who I know is a racist there, btw.

Anyway...
    You see, you're just never going to get it. It's never been equal, ever. You can't just start "being equal". It doesn't work like that.

Picture this.

Two athletes, both as good as each other in racing.

Athlete A has the entrance to the track, and turns up in loads of time, time to stretch, focus, etc.

Athlete B has another entrance, which is about 2 miles from the track.

Athlete B turns up at the starting line, winded as they had to run to make it to the starting line.

The marksman starts as they see both runners there.

But is it fair? No. Not at all. Neither is it equal.

They're as good as each other, but have different history, which affects how they run the race.

And of course Athlete B kicks up a stink about having to use the entrance 2 miles away, which in turn makes Athlete A kick up a stink as their advantage is in danger of being wiped out.

You'll never ever understand feminism, or equality until you look at the history of such movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

How will you do this?
    By dilution of Catholics with Islam?
    Is that the grand plan
    Oh dont worry, "No religion" will take care of that in due course...yippee

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp8iter/p8iter/p8rrc/

That's kind of his point

Actually some Muslim and Protestant clerics supposed people voting pro choice before the referendum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Actually some Muslim and Protestant clerics supposed people voting pro choice before the referendum.

Links please?

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Links please?
    Oh this from the man who hardly ever provides evidence....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I didn't specify as to who I know is a racist there, btw.

Anyway...
    You see, you're just never going to get it. It's never been equal, ever. You can't just start "being equal". It doesn't work like that.

Picture this.

Two athletes, both as good as each other in racing.

Athlete A has the entrance to the track, and turns up in loads of time, time to stretch, focus, etc.

Athlete B has another entrance, which is about 2 miles from the track.

Athlete B turns up at the starting line, winded as they had to run to make it to the starting line.

The marksman starts as they see both runners there.

But is it fair? No. Not at all. Neither is it equal.

They're as good as each other, but have different history, which affects how they run the race.

And of course Athlete B kicks up a stink about having to use the entrance 2 miles away, which in turn makes Athlete A kick up a stink as their advantage is in danger of being wiped out.

You'll never ever understand feminism, or equality until you look at the history of such movements.

In modern Ireland what advantages do men have over women?
    What are men allowed to do that women aren't?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/gender-pay-gap-is-widening-in-ireland-cso-figures-show-1.3260896

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Links please?

lol FFS

Link here

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Oh this from the man who hardly ever provides evidence....

...or looks at it.

• Advertisement

I guess you missed the "historic" part of my post, and actually the general gist of the analogy.

cookie1977 wrote: »

With educational differences such as that, it is no surprise that a third of women at work in Ireland in 2016 were employed in the health and education sectors, while the highest proportions of men were in construction, agriculture and transport.

Pay in different industries is different. Fairly obvious and straightforward.
    If a man and woman are doing the same job they will be on the same pay.
    Women leave their careers for a period of time to have children while men progress . Women don't work as long hours as men.
    This has all been debunked many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Sanitation engineers for a start. Haven’t seen many women collecting the bins.

With educational differences such as that, it is no surprise that a third of women at work in Ireland in 2016 were employed in the health and education sectors, while the highest proportions of men were in construction, agriculture and transport.

Women leave their careers for a period of time to have children while men progress . Women don't work as long hours as men.

And there's another thing. Women leave careers for a period of time to have children while men progress.

Women are only PROGRESSING THE POPULATION AND CIVILISATION!

And that's *fair*, how? Because of their genetic make up, women are at a disadvantage of men already. Why isn't there a push for the father's to be stay at home parents?

Enlightened I see.

Well PWC reported on themselves:
    https://www.pwc.ie/publications/2019/gender-pay-gap-report-pwc-ireland.pdf

Summary: 5.7% overall gender pay gap, 11.8% overall gender bonus gap.

THEY REPORTED THEMSELVES!!!

DubInMeath wrote: »

Ok fair enough but tbh just because someone is pro choice dosen't nessecarily mean they are in favour of women's rights. Look at the countries in the world where women are the most oppressed what do they all have in common? They are nearly all predominantly Islamic

• Registered Users Posts: 82,779 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That in no way indicates they are barred from entry.

Ok fair enough but tbh just because someone is pro choice dosen't nessecarily mean they are in favour of women's rights. Look at the countries in the world where women are the most oppressed what do they all have in common? They are nearly all predominantly Islamic

*Bangs head off wall*

*Bangs head off wall*
    Yes but you did not persuade him.

*Bangs head off wall*

Good for you

• Advertisement

Who is stopping them? Haven't met too many women in the trades jobs either. Trades are making big money again. Who is stopping the women from becoming plumbers etc?

It's down to choice. They prefer to work in an office for average pay 9-5 while many men are outside doing construction work 7-6.
    The pay will be vastly different as the job is different.

I'd like to see the stats of how many women are working in the trades. What would you imagine it is ?
    2 or 3% maybe.

That's one example
    Different industries pay different amounts.

If Hours worked , qualifications held and job type were exactly the same there would be no gap

What percentage of office admin staff are women?

What does one have to do with the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Overheal wrote: »
    What does one have to do with the other?

Ah ya know some people just like shoehorning Islam bogeymen into evereything. It's a wonder they leave their houses sometimes for the fear they might see a Muslim.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Who is stopping them? Haven't met too many women in the trades jobs either. Trades are making big money again. Who is stopping the women from becoming plumbers etc?

It's down to choice. They prefer to work in an office for average pay 9-5 while many men are outside doing construction work 7-6.
    The pay will be vastly different as the job is different.

I'd like to see the stats of how many women are working in the trades. What would you imagine it is ?
    2 or 3% maybe.

That's one example
    Different industries pay different amounts.

If Hours worked , qualifications held and job type were exactly the same there would be no gap
    Deeeepends. Useless anecdote: was in CFA this week and overheard a job interview for some college freshman; the manager offered her $11 even though the banner on the building said pay starting at $12-13/hr. Rightfully, the girl refused to accept the position on the spot and said she had other interviews. But it left me wondering why she was given a lower offer than the banner's own invitation to treat at $12+.

You just keep changing the goalposts.

Yes, there are bad areas in the world.

Yes, a lot of these are Muslim countries.

Does that mean that everyone *who is running away from that country* acts like that? No. The reason they run is because they want a better life. And we can offer that to them.

You asked for links after someone posted

"Actually some Muslim and Protestant clerics supposed people voting pro choice before the referendum."

You got them. And then you moved the goalposts. Again.

You're a racist, and no amount of talking to you will change that. Hence me banging my head off a wall. I'd get a better response that way.

I feel sorry for you. It must be sh*t to live with that much fear hanging over you.

Provide people with what they ask for and you get more well what about...
    What about the recent changes in legislation in the U.S. regarding domestic violence, sexual assault and health care, where are the Muslims there?

Most of the anti choice posters on here aren't to found of women's rights and also tend to be both homophobic and anti immigration.

Ah ya know some people just like shoehorning Islam bogeymen into evereything. It's a wonder they leave their houses sometimes for the fear they might see a Muslim.

Unlikely. There isn't enough here yet and like all groups of immigrants they will all live in areas together. So unless you go into that area you won't see many of them.

There are parts of the UK that are Muslim majority.

Unlikely. There isn't enough here yet and like all groups of immigrants they will all live in areas together. So unless you go into that area you won't see many of them.

There are parts of the UK that are Muslim majority.

Well, with the way you and a few others talk about them, I dont blame them for keeping themselves to themselves. You're not exactly the most welcoming bunch.

It takes two wings to help a bird fly after all.

Do you support Islamic immigration?

I'm not who you asked, but you continue to act as if Islamic culture yields no value. No, I do not believe there should be a religious litmus test for immigration. "Sorry you identify as Jedi but that's not on the list." Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Yes, there are bad areas in the world.

Yes, a lot of these are Muslim countries.

So tell me if they come from a bad area of the world which is Muslim why do they continue to practice their faith and culture. Why do women continue to wear Niqabs even in the west? Why is FGM still practised in the west?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/01/fgm-mother-of-three-year-old-first-person-convicted-in-uk
    Does that mean that everyone *who is running away from that country* acts like that? No. The reason they run is because they want a better life. And we can offer that to them.

So if they are running from a country why would they go back to that country on holidays something which even Angela Merkel has admitted.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/refugees-going-on-holidays-must-stop-says-merkel-36074971.html
    You're a racist, and no amount of talking to you will change that. Hence me banging my head off a wall. I'd get a better response that way.

I feel sorry for you. It must be sh*t to live with that much fear hanging over you.

Please tell me specifically what race I have shown prejudice, discrimination or antagonism against?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement