Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Well, with the way you and a few others talk about them, I dont blame them for keeping themselves to themselves. You're not exactly the most welcoming bunch.

It takes two wings to help a bird fly after all.

Its the same story with immigrants from everywhere and in every country. People stick with others similar to themselves. Human nature.

I don't particularly want immigration so I won't be welcoming anyone. Definitely not in large numbers anyway.
    Why would I ? Why do I have to welcome them? Nothing against the individuals but I didn't invite them nor was I given a choice.

We don't get a choice. That's how it is. It's happening, it's inevitable. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

It's the same story. If immigration is kept to only letting in people who are compatible with our society, have skills that are in demand and are willing to stand on their own two feet then come on in. No problem.
    But of its people who don't want to contribute and are a drain on my tax euro then no thanks.
    I would prefer my tax euro spent on bettering the countries public services and infrastructure.

That's why we all pay tax isn't it? To run and hopefully improve the country for the people who live here.

If that makes me a racist so be it.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    So tell me if they come from a bad area of the world which is Muslim why do they continue to practice their faith and culture. Why do women continue to wear Niqabs even in the west? Why is FGM still practised in the west?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/slideshows/10-worst-countries-for-gender-equality-ranked-by-perception

So if they are running from a country why would they go back to that country on holidays something which even Angela Merkel has admitted.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/refugees-going-on-holidays-must-stop-says-merkel-36074971.html

Please tell me specifically what race I have shown prejudice, discrimination or antagonism against?

How about you tell me, specifically, the good things that immigrants bring with them? All you've done is rail against Muslims and people with darker skin.

There is no post that you have posted where I have thought, "Oh Jesus, I'm wrong, Stephen ISN'T a racist."

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So tell me if they come from a bad area of the world which is Muslim why do they continue to practice their faith and culture.

Had you ever stopped for a neuron-tick to consider maybe Islam isn't the real problem in those countries?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Its the same story with immigrants from everywhere and in every country. People stick with others similar to themselves. Human nature.

I don't particularly want immigration so I won't be welcoming anyone. Definitely not in large numbers anyway.
    Why would I ? Why do I have to welcome them? Nothing against the individuals but I didn't invite them nor was I given a choice.

We don't get a choice. That's how it is. It's happening, it's inevitable. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

It's the same story. If immigration is kept to only letting in people who are compatible with our society, have skills that are in demand and are willing to stand on their own two feet then come on in. No problem.
    But of its people who don't want to contribute and are a drain on my tax euro then no thanks.
    I would prefer my tax euro spent on bettering the countries public services and infrastructure.

That's why we all pay tax isn't it? To run and hopefully improve the country for the people who live here.

So you want them to integrate, just not with you.

Gotcha.

So you want them to integrate, just not with you.

Gotcha.

You took a few lines and ignored the rest.
    My view is rational and my post truthful

Il be just ignoring you from here on out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

You took a few lines and ignored the rest.
    My view is rational and my post truthful

Il be just ignoring you from here on out

The good old left wing tactic take a few points and then use them to suit your agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭Odhinn

And Cead Mile Failte to you too.

Please tell me specifically what race I have shown prejudice, discrimination or antagonism against?

None. It's the muslims you have it in for. "Islamophobe".

Odhinn wrote: »
    None. It's the muslims you have it in for. "Islamophobe".

So your saying I'm not a racist now after that? Islamophobia does not exist a phobia is an irrational fear. Fear of Islam which is a medieval ideology which has a dislike of women's rights, homosexuality and democracy seems like a fairly rational stance to me. Is someone who does not like Christianity a Christianophobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Exactly. We're an open economy and outwards facing people (possibly more then most countries in the world). You and your ilk might not like it but the majority are perfectly happy with the status quo. We can look to improve aspects of the process without pulling up the drawbridge or booting people out.

• Advertisement

The good old left wing tactic take a few points and then use them to suit your agenda

Iv yet to see any of them give their opinion on how Ireland should develop an immigration model or their thoughts on the current immigration statistics.

No opinions or views on anything immigration related. Just arguing and complaining about how other people think.

Sums up left wing views and politics. All complaining but no real opinion or thoughts of their own

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Exactly. We're an open economy and outwards facing people (possibly more then most countries in the world). You and your ilk might not like it but the majority are perfectly happy with the status quo. We can look to improve aspects of the process without pulling up the drawbridge or booting people out.

I don't think you read my post at all. No mention of booting people out or pulling up a draw bridge.

Define the status quo. What is the current situation

So your saying I'm not a racist now after that? Islamophobia does not exist a phobia is an irrational fear. Fear of Islam which is a medieval ideology which has a dislike of women's rights, homosexuality and democracy seems like a fairly rational stance to me. Is someone who does not like Christianity a Christianophobe?

Define the status quo. What is the current situation
    Simple, it's the complete opposite of what you want the country to be,

Yep, if its expressed in the same manner as Islamophobia.

Simple, it's the complete opposite of what you want the country to be,

So it's an open borders free for all welfare state where the only people who actually come here are those without qualifications in demand and will spend their lives on social welfare.
    Nice.

Do you have any real opinion , idea or view on the future of immigration into Ireland or are you just here to argue and nit pick other posters who don't share you views?

So it's an open borders free for all welfare state where the only people who actually come here are those without qualifications in demand and will spend their lives on social welfare.
    Nice.
    If that's what you believe the current system is then nothing I can say (Or evidenced in this thread) will change your mind.

Do you have any real opinion , idea or view on the future of immigration into Ireland or are you just here to argue and nit pick other posters who don't share you views?
    I'm interested in hearing other views to see if my mind could change but none of you ever back up your views with either rational discourse or valid evidence. It's all bluster and banging of chests. As someone else said I feel sorry for you to have such a negative point of view of Ireland and the world. Must be stressful.

Here il go again since none of you will post a counter to my view on immigration.

See if you can manage to find a problem or better yet an alternative

Thats the important bit.

If that's what you believe the current system is then nothing I can say (Or evidenced in this thread) will change your mind.

I'm interested in hearing other views to see if my mind could change but none of you ever back up your views with either rational discourse or valid evidence. It's all bluster and banging of chests. As someone else said I feel sorry for you to have such a negative point of view of Ireland and the world. Must be stressful.

AHH moving the goal posts. You said "the opposite of what I want the country to be. Not what i think the country is. I posted the opposite of what I wanted the country to be.

My post above is rational but you have nothing to reply.
    That's twice Iv posted my views and reasoning and you and your pals have ignored.
    Why?

You know it makes sense and you are just here to argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What is it with people on the left and handmaids tale crap, its a fictional show and at no point has Ireland been anything like that and nobody, not even the far right is looking for ireland to become anything remotely like that.
    The last Magdaline laundry closed in the 1990s. Homosexual sex was illegal into the 90s. Those of us who lived through the 70s and 80s remember well when Ireland was controlled by priests, brothers and other authoritarians.

And some of us are going to make sure that we're not going back there.

Be careful, many people would call you an islamaphobe for a statement like that

AHH moving the goal posts. You said "the opposite of what I want the country to be. Not what i think the country is. I posted the opposite of what I wanted the country to be.

My post above is rational but you have nothing to reply.
    That's twice Iv posted my views and reasoning and you and your pals have ignored.
    Why?

You know it makes sense and you are just here to argue.
    I've said it before, this is a forum not a law court.

• Advertisement

Lol. What.

Don't you have any views or opinion on how our policy concerning immigration should be formed?
    Who, how many etc .

Nothing at all? Just say so if that's the case. But don't tell me I'm wrong if you have no alternative.

You are just here to argue.

It's funny because your side of the argument have been guilty of nearly everything you have acused me and other posters of.

Lol. What.

You've been shown up
    That's rich. No comment on the following:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111069024&postcount=3286
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111068876&postcount=3273

Did they not align with your world view well?

My world view? I'm asking you if you have any opinion on how our immigration policy should be formed since you said mine is wrong.
    But we both know it makes sense. As I said if you cannot form anything of substance to counter my view just say so.

You have tried the "moving the goal posts" tactic, the pick one point out and ignore the rest tactic, completely ignore the whole point tactic and now the dig up old posts tactic.

Do you have any counter to the sensible approach to immigration policy that i posted or not?
    We both know it makes sense.

My world view? I'm asking you if you have any opinion on how our immigration policy should be formed since you said mine is wrong.
    But we both know it makes sense. As I said if you cannot form anything of substance to counter my view just say so.

You have tried the "moving the goal posts" tactic, the pick one point out and ignore the rest tactic, completely ignore the whole point tactic and now the dig up old posts tactic.

Do you have any counter to the sensible approach to immigration policy that i posted or not?
    We both know it makes sense.
    Show me the sensible approach please.

There is no magic bullet for immigration.

None.

It sounds like you want a very simple statement as to how control immigration.

It's incredibly complex

I could give you my thoughts, but what's the point? You have expressed no wish to educate yourself, or even open yourself to any counterpoints.

Also,this is not a thread about the best way to control immigration.

Basically people who want to work and there are jobs available. Come on in
    People who are a drain on the taxpayer, are low skilled and won't contribute. No thanks

Do you have a different view that Ireland should adopt for the betterment of the country? Please post it

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Here il go again since none of you will post a counter to my view on immigration.

See if you can manage to find a problem or better yet an alternative

Thats the important bit.

Since when have you actually had a view on immigration. You bend over backwards to say nothing except nitpick at people complaining about far right racists.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Show me the sensible approach please.

Controlled immigration
    Immediate deportation of asylum seekers who's claims are rejected and no appeals allowed
    No migrants taken at the request of the EU
    Deportation of all forgein criminals
    Ban on the Burka
    Priority given to people from other first world countries
    Visas only given out to people with qualifications

• Advertisement

Basically people who want to work and there are jobs available. Come on in
    People who are a drain on the taxpayer, are low skilled and won't contribute. No thanks

Do you have a different view that Ireland should adopt for the betterment of the country? Please post it

They cannot stand on their own two feet unless they are assisted. Will you assist?

Explain the following phrase "compatible with our society"

What skills do you see are in demand?

I dont see a high demand among the Irish for certain jobs (Childcare, nursing, construction, service industry). So who will do those?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement