Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I agree. Doesn't give the dole merchants a free pass through

This is such a perfect example of bait and switch.

All of those, and they are tiny in number, who manipulate welfare to their advantage ultimately make close to zero real impact on our budget and society. But they are such an easy target... such a juicy easy target that people miss the fact that the people really fleecing the system and taking us all to the cleaners are the ones holding that target right on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

isohon wrote: »
    This is such a perfect example of bait and switch.

All of those, and they are tiny in number, who manipulate welfare to their advantage ultimately make close to zero real impact on our budget and society. But they are such an easy target... such a juicy easy target that people miss the fact that the people really fleecing the system and taking us all to the cleaners are the ones holding that target right on them.

Who are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭isohon

Who are they?

I'm not going to google media ownership for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Its amazing how you have people ranting and raving about how wonderful life is for people on the dole but when its suggested to them to give up everything to go on the dole if its so amazing and wonderful then suddenly their attitude changes. If they ever lost their jobs then their smug superior nasty hate filled attitudes would vastly change too.

1) there is a massive difference between somebody who loses their job and has to take a massive spending cut and somebody who has engineered their entire life to live off benefits, most people couldn't just quit and follow this up, it takes a long time on the system, a lot of planning and education from others doing the same. I don't work just to drink cheap cans infront of the tv every day, my life needs more than this, for some thats their contentment.

2) I enjoy working, I would feel bad if I was on the dole and find what these people do as morally repugnant , I'd have to be on deaths door from not eating and too disabled to do any kind of labour before id approach a social office.

isohon wrote: »
    I'm not going to google media ownership for you...

Sure why would you? Fire out a few statements but won't give further details. Standard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭enricoh

Its amazing how you have people ranting and raving about how wonderful life is for people on the dole but when its suggested to them to give up everything to go on the dole if its so amazing and wonderful then suddenly their attitude changes. If they ever lost their jobs then their smug superior nasty hate filled attitudes would vastly change too.

Believe it or not, some of us actually live n pay tax in Ireland. And people have opinions on how they want their tax spent - crazy stuff i know!

God knows how many people i know who have never contributed a fiver. And as someone else said god love some aul dear that tips their motor in the supermarket car park - fire brigade would be needed to cut them out!
    Parasites, and ireland rewards them as a vote buying exercise by our politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

I've seen previous ones, i don't think this one will be any diffetent from the shìte she has spouted previously.

I'll tell you what, you watch it for us and bullet point all of the intellectual, factual and intetesting things she says and post them here.

Im too busy to watch it

I dont agree with her (shes a pure bigot like)...but i find the notion of people pouring ridicule on someone for saying something,before theyve even said it disconcerting......why like?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

_blaaz wrote: »
    Im too busy to watch it

I dont agree with her (shes a pure bigot like)...but i find the notion of people pouring ridicule on someone for saying something,before theyve even said it disconcerting......why like?

because experience tells us it will be gubbins

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Im too busy to watch it

So what's your view on chemtrails?

We don’t have the most disabled workforce in europe for nathin.

Its like the lottery, laze about till youre 25 on the dole, women - have 3-4 kids by then and a free gaf in dublin near your ma, men - have a crash for cash accident and get 15k into your greasy palm for whiplash and end up on disability for a ‘back injury’ ,

Go to the bonus round and if your missus has a disabled kid because of non stop alcohol and drug abuse or smoking while preggers she can claim carers allowance forever.

Double jeopardy - he claims to be living in his aunts gaf in a seaside area of wexford and after 10-12 years gets a nice apartment down there to use as a holiday home all the while she claims lone parents allowance. Bonus points if one of you can get a free travel pass .

Added benefits :
    Immunity from fines as the court can only levy a 5er a week
    When you become an actual alcoholic from having all that time swilling cans to build a dependency that counts as a disability too.

And people like me have to pay for it all
    Can we assume that you've reported these cases of people fraudelently claiming disability, and carers allowance, and the 'summer apartment' to the Welfare fraud hotline?

Try having a chat with any parents of any child with disabilities and see if you think it's a 'bonus'.

Can we assume that you've reported these cases of people fraudelently claiming disability, and carers allowance, and the 'summer apartment' to the Welfare fraud hotline?

Try having a chat with any parents of any child with disabilities and see if you think it's a 'bonus'.

Your last part about the child with disabilities.
    Nobody is criticizing genuine cases. You are either failing to see that or you know we are right but can't admit it so you go with the lump everyone in together approach.

• Advertisement

Nobody is criticizing genuine cases. You are either failing to see that or you know we are right but can't admit it so you go with the lump everyone in together approach.
    It's kinda funny that you accuse me of the 'lump everyone in together' given your previous posts and the one from Eric that I was responding to.

It's kinda funny that you accuse me of the 'lump everyone in together' given your previous posts and the one from Eric that I was responding to.

Even though I said people with disabilities and those recently made unemployed would be exempt so no you are wrong again Renko

Are you still going to deny the uselessness of the long term dole merchants.

No handouts. Work for the dole. No free money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Iv answered about 4 times.

I don't know what a libertarian is.

No, you haven't.

Heaven forfend you have the curiosity to find out.

Yes, and have been told "they might not be doing anything thats out of order" , and technically theyre not (except maybe him living in the dublin house) but this is how we built the system, that its not illegal or against the rules to game the system, but it sure as hell is morally wrong.

Even though I said people with disabilities and those recently made unemployed would be exempt so no you are wrong again Renko

Are you still going to deny the uselessness of the long term dole merchants.
    I'm certainly not going to deny the humanity of any person, as you've been doing all along.
    Yes, and have been told "they might not be doing anything thats out of order" , and technically theyre not (except maybe him living in the dublin house) but this is how we built the system, that its not illegal or against the rules to game the system, but it sure as hell is morally wrong.
    They're not going to tell you the outcome of their investigation either way.

But it sounds like you've confirmed there is no fraud going on, so I'm not quite sure what your problem is. If someone has a disability, they get a disability allowance. Are you suggesting there should be no disability allowance?

I'm certainly not going to deny the humanity of any person, as you've been doing all along.

But it sounds like you've confirmed there is no fraud going on, so I'm not quite sure what your problem is. If someone has a disability, they get a disability allowance. Are you suggesting there should be no disability allowance?

Im suggesting being an alcoholic or a junkie or a dubiously unprovable back injury from a car crash or similar shouldn't be an easy ticket on to the disability list. Fierce amount of young women claiming general anxiety or chronic cannabis users falling victim to constant panic attacks too, shockingly doesn't impact their ability to go down the pub or visit their dealer but not a chance of doing a bit of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I know. Parasite

Csn we call you a parasite if you lose your job?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Lump everyone together? Thats what you continuously do

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

enricoh wrote: »
    Believe it or not, some of us actually live n pay tax in Ireland. And people have opinions on how they want their tax spent - crazy stuff i know!

God knows how many people i know who have never contributed a fiver. And as someone else said god love some aul dear that tips their motor in the supermarket car park - fire brigade would be needed to cut them out!
    Parasites, and ireland rewards them as a vote buying exercise by our politicians.

Yeah. Big swing. You're not the only taxpayer around. I live and work and pay tax in Ireland too. I am happy to pay tax to fund a decent soxial welfare system so that we dont have extreme poverty in this country.

And yeah I do object to your name calling. Its dehumanising. Its disgusting nasty, hateful, nasty and spiteful. I really have no problem in naming and shaming such abuse.

Terry Pratchet

Deny humanity?
    By working for their dole!!

Oh the horror

• Advertisement

Csn we call you a parasite if you lose your job?

Once I am unemployed long term and am making no effort to help myself by finding gainful employment and am happy to live off handouts then and only then yes you can.

Don't hold your breath though

Once I am unemployed long term and am making no effort to help myself by finding gainful employment and am happy to live off handouts then and only then yes you can.

Don't hold your breath though

And then you will understand that the dehumanising language people like you use is disgusting, unwarranted, hateful, nasty, spiteful and uncalled for.

Terry Pratchet

And then you will understand that the dehumanising language people like you use is disgusting, unwarranted, hateful, nasty, spiteful and uncalled for.

Quite the opposite. Parasite would be the correct term.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Would you not watch her stream to see what she has to say

How can yous ridicule,whats not been said yet

You must be new round here. I've watched a stream. I had to stop watching as I could feel my brain matter escaping. Shes a twisted, racist, homphobic asshat who has shifted to the right either for the money or is in the middle of a breakdown.

Also the Lidl video is comedy genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

We don’t have the most disabled workforce in europe for nathin.

Its like the lottery, laze about till youre 25 on the dole, women - have 3-4 kids by then and a free gaf in dublin near your ma, men - have a crash for cash accident and get 15k into your greasy palm for whiplash and end up on disability for a ‘back injury’ ,

Go to the bonus round and if your missus has a disabled kid because of non stop alcohol and drug abuse or smoking while preggers she can claim carers allowance forever.

Double jeopardy - he claims to be living in his aunts gaf in a seaside area of wexford and after 10-12 years gets a nice apartment down there to use as a holiday home all the while she claims lone parents allowance. Bonus points if one of you can get a free travel pass .

Added benefits :
    Immunity from fines as the court can only levy a 5er a week
    When you become an actual alcoholic from having all that time swilling cans to build a dependency that counts as a disability too.

And people like me have to pay for it all

I suppose you have an actual example of this legend of the Dole you can provide ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

its not illegal or against the rules to game the system, but it sure as hell is morally wrong.

Like falling of a swing and suing a hotel.
    Like taking bribes from developers to rezone and rubber stamp developments
    Like building and selling houses in a flood plain
    Like massive investment and lending fraud to the extent that it fcuks the country
    Like a Taoiseach without a bank account FFS
    Like selling off natural resources without a public consultation phase
    Like flogging a Mobile network licence as a little nixxer

If you want to start with moral wrongs, start with the big fish that have/are screwing all of us. Get rid of that culture and stop voting for the kind of bastards that would sell their grannies to get ahead. Instead of going after people who have figured out how to turn SW into a full time job. Those rules, regulations and loopholes can be closed to prevent gaming, but you're completely missing the big picture if you actually think they are the problem and not just a symptom.

Society has set them up to get looked down on by you. If you think they are better off, jump in there.

Deny humanity?
    By working for their dole!!

Oh the horror

Deny humanity by referring to people as parasites - literally inhumane by definition.

It says so much more about you than it does about them.

Im suggesting being an alcoholic or a junkie or a dubiously unprovable back injury from a car crash or similar shouldn't be an easy ticket on to the disability list. Fierce amount of young women claiming general anxiety or chronic cannabis users falling victim to constant panic attacks too, shockingly doesn't impact their ability to go down the pub or visit their dealer but not a chance of doing a bit of work.
    Have you spoken to any /many people who have been through this 'easy ticket' process?

Deny humanity by referring to people as parasites - literally inhumane by definition.

It says so much more about you than it does about them.

Sticks and stones may break their bones but getting a job or working for their dole will never hurt them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

What about schrodingers immigrants?

Simultaneously coming over here and taking our jobs and opening shops while also somehow claiming benefits and bleeding the tax payer.

Oh what a world we live in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement