Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Brother of Veronica Guerin takes defamation action against Gemma O'Doherty https://jrnl.ie/4802950
    A taste of her own medicine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

gmisk wrote: »
    Brother of Veronica Guerin takes defamation action against Gemma O'Doherty https://jrnl.ie/4802950
    A taste of her own medicine!

She appears to be counter-suing him (for what I do not know), as well as half the country at this stage: https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1171565012768436224

EEI8KseWkAE5jQH?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

She appears to be counter-suing him (for what I do not know), as well as half the country at this stage: https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1171565012768436224

EEI8KseWkAE5jQH?format=jpg&name=900x900
    What a waste of time and money.
    Er where is she getting the money from for this? I don't think she has a job...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Given her circumstances it's unlikely she's short a bob or two

• Advertisement

Maybe she's hoping one of them will settle? Cover her for a year or so?
    I'd imagine her husband had life insurance?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That's a fairly ballsy move.

I'd certainly vote for that here as well, I do like talking here about her 'theories'. But there is hardly any of that these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I do like talking here about her 'theories'. But there is hardly any of that these days.

There is only so much discussion one can have about chemtrails without the overwhelming urge to put ones head in a big bucket with some nice freshly poured concrete to stop the boggle from biggling the bagglers out the back end of the bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Just got the below notification from twitter.
    Not sure what impact it actually has

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Id say the tweet might disappear that will be about it

• Advertisement

Er has GOD been hacked....latest post...I am guessing she is one of her mates?
    A grandmother's funeral,,the grandchildren were AILINATINATED from attending.
    (then a link to some woman ranting about social workers not taking kids to a funeral)

That aint a word...is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That sounds like a perfectly normal post for her... Bad spelling is almost a prerequisite for being a conspiracy theorist. Presumably she meant to say alienated.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,814 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Er has GOD been hacked....latest post...I am guessing she is one of her mates?
    A grandmother's funeral,,the grandchildren were AILINATINATED from attending.
    (then a link to some woman ranting about social workers not taking kids to a funeral)

That aint a word...is it?

Nope

Stark wrote: »
    That sounds like a perfectly normal post for her... Bad spelling is almost a prerequisite for being a conspiracy theorist. Presumably she meant to say alienated.

Must have been an auto correct error then, given she's still an investigative journalist according to herself.

My own spelling is shocking especially since I started working in I.T. but I make sure to proof read any for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Doesn't matter she'll get a warning. 2 strikes and you're out.

bobmalooka wrote: »

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Given her circumstances it's unlikely she's short a bob or two

The loss of revenue from her YouTube channel has got to hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The loss of revenue from her YouTube channel has got to hurt.

No doubt, but likely she had a decent pension and her husband likely had healthy financials along with insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

It looks like the Lidl Tweets have been removed by Twitter themselves. Shame they couldn't just nuke the account and be done with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

No doubt, but likely she had a decent pension and her husband likely had healthy financials along with insurance etc.

she wasnt making a livable wage at all from youtube

she recieved Circa 450K payout from the Indo
    & roughly the same when her Husband Died

she owns 2 homes one in County Dublin one in Tipp

& has a horse that she stables, that wont be cheap

Hopefully these cases bankrupt her

IMO she went full right wing after seeing how well Casey did in the presedential campaign , the vast majority of her stuff is took from Icke, Hopkins etc etc she was conservative with a small c till she realised she needed some way to sustain her livliehood

and shes looking to get on the Alt Right American Breibart/ Daily Rebel gravy train

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    s

IMO she went full right wing after seeing how well Casey did in the presedential campaign , the vast majority of her stuff is took from Icke, Hopkins etc etc she was conservative with a small c till she realised she needed some way to sustain her livliehood

I'd tend to disagree. I think she was so assured of her own popularity that she had an absolute breakdown upon realising she wasn't half as popular as her sycophants (at the time mostly left wingers) had her believe.

and shes looking to get on the Alt Right American Breibart/ Daily Rebel gravy train

I watched that documentary Borderless. I had to laugh at Gemma stating that she doesn't remember people sleeping on the streets when she was growing up. Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I think street homelessness was more common in the 90's (thus, presumably even more common in the 80's when she grew up) and it didn't seem to be rare to see teenagers sleeping rough back then either (possibly because heroin was a drug effecting the youth back then- today, in Dublin at least, those teens are grown up and the younger generation largely avoid the stuff, the vast majority of users are now aged from their late 30's to early 50's)

Immigration absolutely has a negative effect on the housing crisis, but I'm yet to see her express this in an any way coherent manner.

BTW I'm assuming if she owns three properties she's a landlord on at least one of them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she has foreign tenants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    she wasnt making a livable wage at all from youtube

she recieved Circa 450K payout from the Indo
    & roughly the same when her Husband Died

she owns 2 homes one in County Dublin one in Tipp

& has a horse that she stables, that wont be cheap

Hopefully these cases bankrupt her

Hi oranbhoy67, do you mind my asking, how did yourself and herself fall out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'd tend to disagree. I think she was so assured of her own popularity that she had an absolute breakdown upon realising she wasn't half as popular as her sycophants (at the time mostly left wingers) had her believe.

I watched that documentary Borderless. I had to laugh at Gemma stating that she doesn't remember people sleeping on the streets when she was growing up. Maybe my memory is playing tricks but I think street homelessness was more common in the 90's (thus, presumably even more common in the 80's when she grew up) and it didn't seem to be rare to see teenagers sleeping rough back then either (possibly because heroin was a drug effecting the youth back then- today, in Dublin at least, those teens are grown up and the younger generation largely avoid the stuff, the vast majority of users are now aged from their late 30's to early 50's)

Immigration absolutely has a negative effect on the housing crisis, but I'm yet to see her express this in an any way coherent manner.

BTW I'm assuming if she owns three properties she's a landlord on at least one of them. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she has foreign tenants.

People forget it was difficult for young people to walk around Dublin without getting beaten up in the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

People forget it was difficult for young people to walk around Dublin without getting beaten up in the 80s

Ye wha?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Doblin wrote: »
    Hi oranbhoy67, do you mind my asking, how did yourself and herself fall out ?

Its quite complicated but it kinda unfolded & is documented while I was posting on this thread below, she tried to oust anyone who she saw as taking publicity away from her and instead of reporting about Marys case she was trying to control the narrative with her as the hero of the piece and anyone else who stood forward and were listened to when it came to the case, were persona non grata for her

Her behaviour making the documentary & after it was atrocious to the people involved including myself who came on board late in the making of it and she tried to discard like trash when I was of no use to her.

she has a track record of this with other murder victims families, Fr Molloys being the obvious one , but their is others too , shes a total parasite and has been for a long time

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056953778&page=11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

There's another odd bit of her character here.

When the guard investigating the regency hotel attack killed himself, Gemma stated along the lines of that the public would be shocked to hear the reasons behind the death.

It was probably the last relevant thing she ever said.

Now, whether she had an inside tip, or whether her statement was guess work, I don't know.

Either way, the death, the acquittal that happened in relation to it, the whole thing was clearly a blatant cover up by the state. A cover up of what, exactly, no journalist seems to want to touch.

Yet gob****e never followed it up after the acquittal with any further comment on her previous accusation.

It's very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I don't specifically remember her, but I've just realised I must have met Gemma professionally at least, and probably more than, once. Her number's on my phone

Fire it up on the thread here. I want to....errr....wish her a happy birthday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

The Nal wrote: »
    Fire it up on the thread here. I want to....errr....wish her a happy birthday

Sure. It's 1800-I-AM-RACIST-NUTTER

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    Sure. It's 1800-I-AM-RACIST-NUTTER

Aha, shes still on the same number then, cheers,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement