Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There's one thing to remember when thinking about gemma's fanbois. I can't remember who said it but there's a phrase along the lines of "you can convince one thousand people through the use of emotion before you convince one person with facts"

The problem is that we can bombard people who believe in conspiracy theories about 5g, vaccines, replacement conspiracies and all that crap with the actual facts but they won't accept them. The human brain is designed not to accept facts that disagree with a person's outlook. The brain will actually reinforce the false belief. It's why no matter how much proof flat earthers are presented with, they will only become stronger in their beliefs.

And it's how gemma's hate spreads. She's relying on fear which is a potent emotion. She says that people are out to get you. And so she can say ridiculous crap that people suck up.

Look at her here complaining that there is arabic writing on Butlers chocolate and then demanding that butlers confirm it's not halal. She's demanding that the arabic be removed and replaced with Irish.

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1143581723919376391

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

The hardcore Gemmaroids are probably way too far gone at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Gemmaroids :)

I’m in a knot. You win today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What about schrodingers immigrants?

Simultaneously coming over here and taking our jobs and opening shops while also somehow claiming benefits and bleeding the tax payer.

Oh what a world we live in

a paradigm invented by the left. Funnily enough the only people ive ever heard saying immigrants are stealing jobs are all the exact lifelong welfare recipients I constantly rally against.

European & chinese immigrants mostly work (but arent 'stealing jobs' as many down the pub on a tuesday claim) however 78% of nigerians don't work so are bleeding welfare money.

You can see how some lad who doesn't work and listens to builders come in talking about all the polish lads on site and then sees a load of african migrants getting free houses and never doing a tap might make both those statements without separating the issue.

Have you spoken to any /many people who have been through this 'easy ticket' process?

if a moderator will permit it ill even give you google streetview pictures of both houses and link to articles naming them as both him and her have been in court for things over the years.

• Advertisement

a paradigm invented by the left. Funnily enough the only people ive ever heard saying immigrants are stealing jobs are all the exact lifelong welfare recipients I constantly rally against.

European & chinese immigrants mostly work (but arent 'stealing jobs' as many down the pub on a tuesday claim) however 78% of nigerians don't work so are bleeding welfare money.

You can see how some lad who doesn't work and listens to builders come in talking about all the polish lads on site and then sees a load of african migrants getting free houses and never doing a tap might make both those statements without separating the issue.

Firstly arorican immigrants / asylum seekers are t allowed to work. You know this though. That’s on the stupid law not on them.

Secondly I’ve never seen an Africans or any other family of a foreign origin get social housing anywhere. Happy to be shown anything to the contrary but they’re almost entirely all stuck in the rental market in my experience.

Firstly arorican immigrants / asylum seekers are t allowed to work. You know this though. That’s on the stupid law not on them.

Secondly I’ve never seen an Africans or any other family of a foreign origin get social housing anywhere. Happy to be shown anything to the contrary but they’re almost entirely all stuck in the rental market in my experience.

rental paid for with HAP so still at the governments teat. Adamstown lucan if youre looking for ones that got social housing though.

Not all african migrants are asylum seekers, thats very clear. They wouldnt be counted in census unemployment figures if they were. 78% of nigerians living here legally are unemployed if thats a better clarification.

rental paid for with HAP so still at the governments teat. Adamstown lucan if youre looking for ones that got social housing though.

Not all african migrants are asylum seekers, thats very clear. They wouldnt be counted in census unemployment figures if they were. 78% of nigerians living here legally are unemployed if thats a better clarification.

So they’re Not actually getting social housing as you initially stated.
    Right. Glad we cleared that up.

78% of Nigerians are unemployed? I’d love to see the official stats for that. If you have a link that would be great.

There’s the last census info. So your 78% unemployed figure is assuming the entire total of Nigerians here rather than the number above 16 years of age able to work? Cos you’d be wrong if you were saying that.

One in three of those with African ethnicity (38.6%) were born in Ireland (22,331 persons), as were 31.3 per cent (2,126) of those with other Black backgrounds.

The remaining Africans were born primarily in Nigeria which accounted for 27.2 per cent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

What about schrodingers immigrants?

Simultaneously coming over here and taking our jobs and opening shops while also somehow claiming benefits and bleeding the tax payer.

Oh what a world we live in

What about the 33% immigrants on dublin homeless list , 21% of those 33% are non eu. Thats before brexit raises the drawbridge in the uk to migrants. I wonder which English speaking country with a world class welfare system will benefit?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Gemma O'Doherty used to be a sensible journalist but was fired then for exposing Garda corruption by the Indo. If she stuck to just that, exposing corruption, things would be fine but instead she became a right cyber-Aunt Lydia with her retweeting Katie Hopkins drivel and spouting the usual anti-immigrant, anti-Iran, anti-EU, anti-so-called 'left' (which means the left, centre and moderate right) and so on, therefore ruining her reputation in the process. It just shows bitterness and hatred consume and her hatred for the Indo and others who did her down was encouraged by the so-called 'alt right' and now Gemma's as batty as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

if a moderator will permit it ill even give you google streetview pictures of both houses and link to articles naming them as both him and her have been in court for things over the years.

Rather than 'even giving' me anything, I'd prefer that you answer the question asked - have you spoken to people who have been through the process about how much of an 'easy ticket' is involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Populist watch ha How do you people find these pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

As time goes on and she keeps putting her stuff out there I'm getting more inclined to pitty her than sneer and I used to enjoy sneering at her, but I think she is genuinely ill at this stage as opposed to Hopkins who is just playing the cause outrage and cash in game.

Gemma O'Doherty used to be a sensible journalist but was fired then for exposing Garda corruption by the Indo. If she stuck to just that, exposing corruption, things would be fine but instead she became a right cyber-Aunt Lydia with her retweeting Katie Hopkins drivel and spouting the usual anti-immigrant, anti-Iran, anti-EU, anti-so-called 'left' (which means the left, centre and moderate right) and so on, therefore ruining her reputation in the process. It just shows bitterness and hatred consume and her hatred for the Indo and others who did her down was encouraged by the so-called 'alt right' and now Gemma's as batty as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Populist watch ha How do you people find these pages?

"you people"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

enricoh wrote: »
    What about the 33% immigrants on dublin homeless list , 21% of those 33% are non eu. Thats before brexit raises the drawbridge in the uk to migrants. I wonder which English speaking country with a world class welfare system will benefit?!

Is this 21% of all homeless are non eu??

Or is it 21% of the 33% of immigrants?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Maybe when she uncovered the Garda corruption she realised the big picture and went on a mission to uncover and reveal everything going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Maybe when she uncovered the Garda corruption she realised the big picture and went on a mission to uncover and reveal everything going on

If she did this, we'd all be behind her. But that is not her thing. She is instead allying herself with the vile alt right and spouting their agenda. She can call herself Serena Lydia O'Doherty and run for president next time around! Blessed be the SLOD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Lads this thread is supposed to be about GOD so why did I have to just read 10 pages of the usual dole bashing ****??

Seriously, there's enough dole bashing threads to go to.

Please stop feeding it.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Lads this thread is supposed to be about GOD so why did I have to just read 10 pages of the usual dole bashing ****??

Please stop feeding it.

No

pinkyeye wrote: »

Please stop feeding it.

A stopped clock is right twice a day, its one of the few things gemma has nailed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod:

Okay, enough is enough - the thread is spiralling.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, the lazy stereotypes, generalisations and one-word soundbites end here. If you have an argument to make, make it. But back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The big picture of the chemtrails?

The big picture of the chemtrails?

Chemtrails aren't real as far as we know. I don't believe in them anyway. If others do that's their business.
    Do you believe in Jesus and crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

She does a reasonable good job uncovering the evil that control the world. The luciferian worshipping illuminati that operate in the shadows use the mass produced mainstream media to manipulate and brainwash the masses. From creating wars and social unrest around the world, our perceptions are distorted through the mainstream media. Also their control of the financial system allows them to take wealth from the bottom and move it up the channel to the top from charging interest on debt. We need more Go'Ds to uncover the real intentions of the evil that oversees us all at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So tell us who organised for The Sun to be covered over? Gemma said last month "they" did. Who do you think she's talkimg about?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

She does a reasonable good job uncovering the evil that control the world. The luciferian worshipping illuminati that operate in the shadows use the mass produced mainstream media to manipulate and brainwash the masses. From creating wars and social unrest around the world, our perceptions are distorted through the mainstream media. Also their control of the financial system allows them to take wealth from the bottom and move it up the channel to the top from charging interest on debt. We need more Go'Ds to uncover the real intentions of the evil that oversees us all at the top.

How did you escape being brainwashed by the chemtrails?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Can't breathe in the chemtrails when you don't leave the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement