Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You tell me. I don't actually know the story. That's what I asked

Maybe do some research before coming onto the thread and spouting uninformed shite?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Maybe do some research before coming onto the thread and spouting uninformed shite?

I didn't spout uninformed anything. I asked a question.

Don't bother answering. The answer you've just given tells me all I need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

So why exactly were they referred to as 'The Ryans'?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I didn't spout uninformed anything. I asked a question.

Don't bother answering. The answer you've just given tells me all I need to know.

spouting uninformed ****e is exactly what you did
    What happened exactly? I'm guessing Lidl done an ad with some kind of multi ethnic family (because that's how Ireland is now - get used to it fascist) she criticised it for having the gall to suggest Irish people are ethnically white. What happened next?

No it isn't. A question was asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

padd b1975 wrote: »
    So why exactly were they referred to as 'The Ryans'?

Because it’s their name? Going out on a limb there, but you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tigger123

There's an Irish Times article linked earlier in the thread. Gives a good synopsis of Gemma and her behaviour.

this is the uninformed ****e referred to
    I'm guessing Lidl done an ad with some kind of multi ethnic family (because that's how Ireland is now - get used to it fascist) she criticised it for having the gall to suggest Irish people are ethnically white.

So after typing Lidl into Google news the first thing I see is a multi ethnic family called 'The Ryans' seems my 'uninformed ****e' wasn't a million miles away after all.

Now I just need to find out what Gemma O Doherty has to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tigger123

So after typing Lidl into Google news the first thing I see is a multi ethnic family called 'The Ryans' seems my 'uninformed ****e' wasn't a million miles away after all.

Now I just need to find out what Gemma O Doherty has to do with it.

She's irrelevant to it, but somehow always manages to insert her drivel into matters that have nothing to do with her.

• Advertisement

And indeed. Yes it would appear she alluded to the great replacement she speaks of.

And indeed. Yes it would appear she alluded to the great replacement she speaks of.

well at least you are honest enough to admit that you post uninformed ****e.

OK tell you what. I'll rephrase the question then.

"Grrrrr. I bet this is some racist rant of hers. I bet Lidl are probably using a really cool and diverse multi ethnic family in an ad campaign because its so reflective of modern Ireland now and she's being all bigoted and ****. Yay diversity, boo fascism. Ewww I really, really hate racism".

Look at how woke I am yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

can someone explain to me what gemmas issue is with this ad. she doesnt like that lidl have featured a multiracial family. is that it. is it just that Gemma is a racist or is there something more complex i am missing here.

"Grrrrr. I bet this is some racist rant of hers. I bet Lidl are probably using a really cool and diverse multi ethnic family in an ad campaign because its so reflective of modern Ireland now and she's being all bigoted and ****. Yay diversity, boo fascism. Ewww I really, really hate racism".

doubling down on stupidity is always the way to go. well done.

doubling down on stupidity is always the way to go. well done.

Well you would know.

Wesser wrote: »
    can someone explain to me what gemmas issue is with this ad. she doesnt like that lidl have featured a multiracial family. is that it. is it just that Gemma is a racist or is there something more complex i am missing here.

it is gemma. there is never anything more complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

It implies that the black man featured is called Ryan. This is obviously impossible, and is what's more a grievous insult to white Ireland's proud genetic heritage. Therefore Gemma, who is a mentally unstable, bile-filled racist bigot, is enraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,814 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You tell me. I don't actually know the story. That's what I asked

The family was a banner ad for Lidl, she panned it a few weeks ago as a fake multicultural family ie. Paid actors with no relation, when it turned out later to be an actual family. Now she’s lashing out at people pointing out her blatant racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,157 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

This was the tweet.

https://twitter.com/SorchaMcNally1/status/1177548150820749312?s=20

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    The family was a banner ad for Lidl, she panned it a few weeks ago as a fake multicultural family ie. Paid actors with no relation, when it turned out later to be an actual family. Now she’s lashing out at people pointing out her blatant racism.

That's better. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

So is the black mans name Ryan or was that just made up to make him "Irish"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

WB Yokes wrote: »
    So is the black mans name Ryan or was that just made up to make him seem "Irish"?

No, his name is Mathis. The ad was part of a series involving 'The Ryans', ie the girl in the ad's parents. Her partner/husband is named Mathis. He was born in Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

What is about seeing inter-racial couples (especially when it's the woman who's white and even more so again if she's attractive) that gets certain people so hot under the collar?

So is the black mans name Ryan or was that just made up to make him "Irish"?

The family is called the Ryan’s. He is the partner of the daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,814 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Woah hard R

What is about seeing inter-racial couples (especially when it's the woman who's white and even more so again if she's attractive) that gets certain people so hot under the collar?

It's a rare occurrence they are normally fat and not that pretty.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yep, she's one sick racist turd. We need proper hate crime laws to deal with such vermin.

It's a rare occurrence they are normally fat and not that pretty.

I’m sensing projection here.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    I’m sensing projection here.

I'm not that desperate. I cant deal with fattys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement