Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

davedanon wrote: »
    You are quite wrong with this assumption, grandad. These days, I think you'll find, thespians are uniformly referred to as...........actors.

Not by the Oscars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Not by the Oscars.

Have you seen the sort of people who populate the Academy? They're not exactly contemporary in their attitudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Is this thread not just an advertisement for her though?
    People basically doing her job for her?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Anus Von Skidmark

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Now we're getting somewhere, the family on the Lidl ad were clearly crisis actors paid for by Soros.

I just KNEW the Jews had something to do with this. Dastardly bunch, those Jews... If they're not demolishing the twin towers, they're inventing climate change...

"Lidl did something I don't like. Boycott Aldi."

"Aldi's not Lidl, Gemma"

"Sure they're all the same"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Critiqued

It gives the crusties something to do with their day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I don't think so. Do we just ignore racists / fascists etc in society or do we shine a light on them, and tell them at every oppertunity that they are assholes. Personally I think as a society we need to shine a light and point it out, and not allow it to be normalised.

"Aldi's not Lidl, Gemma"

Now, in this fictional exchange I would have to agree with her. I cannot tell them apart, to the point where I refer to either/both as 'lidloraldi'.

I don't think so. Do we just ignore racists / fascists etc in society or do we shine a light on them, and tell them at every oppertunity that they are assholes. Personally I think as a society we need to shine a light and point it out, and not allow it to be normalised.

But this is the only place I ever see her mentioned.
    In fact I think I never heard of her/paid heed to her until I saw this thread ages ago.
    Surely it is light those types you mention are after?
    Not many people seem to have thier own dedicated thread on boards.ie - but somehow Gemma O'Doherty does!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

But this is the only place I ever see her mentioned.
    In fact I think I never heard of her/paid heed to her until I saw this thread ages ago.
    Surely it is light those types you mention are after?
    Not many people seem to have thier own dedicated thread on boards.ie - but somehow Gemma O'Doherty does!

I suppose it depends on what "social media circles" you travel in. She and that utter little neo nazi prick justin barrett are directly or indirectly all over my twitter feed..

• Advertisement

I suppose it depends on what "social media circles" you travel in. She and that utter little neo nazi prick justin barrett are directly or indirectly all over my twitter feed..

Oh right I steer clear of that craic - bar the once off twitter argument/debate with Ewan MacKenna I had , I try not get embroiled in 'stuff' on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

john4321 wrote: »
    Making up what? Do you not believe they got abuse online following the Tweet from G.O.D.?

do I believe they got abuse - absolutely
    do I believe there were likely some absolutely horrendous and overtly racist things said about them and to them online - absolutely
    do I believe there were things said that were extreme enough or threats credible enough to make them consider leaving Ireland or fear for their safety - no.

do I believe there were likely some absolutely horrendous and overtly racist things said about them and to them online - absolutely
    do I believe there were things said that were extreme enough or threats credible enough to make them consider leaving Ireland or fear for their safety - no.
    It makes no sense that you accept the first two, but deny the last is possible. You don't know these people, or how they would handle threats. Am I right in saying he's English? So maybe they're thinking, "f this barrel of a country. Let's head to England to start afresh.

They did a poxy ad for a few quid. They deserve nothing of what's happening to them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It makes no sense that you accept the first two, but deny the last is possible. You don't know these people, or how they would handle threats. Am I right in saying he's English? So maybe they're thinking, "f this barrel of a country. Let's head to England to start afresh.

They did a poxy ad for a few quid. They deserve nothing of what's happening to them

They dont deserve it, no idea where the guy is from , dont think its mentioned anywhere. Ive received death threats in the past online, its normally clearly an anonymous account with no profile picture saying theyre going to kill me or i should be murdered etc... if there was a credible threat against them gardai would be doing a lot more. We alsp live in a country where the ampunt of people whove been threatened online and subsequently actually attacked let alone killed is almost non exiatant (i say that because i bet theres one obscure case I havent heard of)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"Aldi's not Lidl, Gemma"

They all look the same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

davedanon wrote: »
    Have you seen the sort of people who populate the Academy? They're not exactly contemporary in their attitudes.

I think it's more to do with keeping four acting awards instead of just two (leading/supporting).

They could split them into drama and comedy/musical like the....Golden Globes? But that would mean being influenced by a less prestigious award.

I think it's more to do with keeping four acting awards instead of just two (leading/supporting).

The award for male actor goes to...

The award for female actor goes to...

Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Why?

The couple are on the late late tonight, talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Milking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Milking it.

Nah. Standing strong against racist scum and not letting racist scum win.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,549 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Milking it.

Milking what exactly?

Do you think they want more threats against them?

I can't believe people are saying shìte like the above, ffs Gemma bought this to their door and people are actually defending her scummy behaviour!

Milking it.

Yeah. Thinking of all those unknown actors that got their break from The Late Late...

They also would be at home watching the late late, if Gemma wasn't such a racist toad

Milking what exactly?

Do you think they want more threats against them?

I can't believe people are saying shìte like the above, ffs Gemma bought this to their door and people are actually defending her scummy behaviour!

You're dead right.

I mean they have been targeted by sick scummy racists. By doing this they will probably be the subject of sick scummy racist death threats but yeah they're milking it be abused more yay.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Nah. Standing strong against racist scum and not letting racist scum win.

don't know, they've moved to England, just flew back for the interview..

don't know, they've moved to England, just flew back for the interview..

Flying back for the interview is still "Standing strong against racist scum and not letting racist scum win."

Terry Pratchet

Where did you hear this? Cant find anything anywhere?

Terry Pratchet

Where did you hear this? Cant find anything anywhere?

Saw it on twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

on now after the break

• Advertisement

And now we see it clearly on tonights Late Late Show. Gemmas hateful scummy racist rhetoric is damaging lives and encouraging death threats.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement