Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It's literally right there.

It's not a direct quote from the commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It's not a direct quote from the commissioner.

That's not what you asked for.

492798.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

john4321 wrote: »
    That's not what you asked for.

492798.jpg

Sorry, didn't think I needed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Lots of her "fans"have been posting their family "crests" (apparently in response to something about a tourist teatowel being racist) to her Facebook page.

Most of them obviously not knowing that heraldic symbols are of English or Norman origin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Big Vern wrote: »
    She will target poorer areas...they (immigrants, refugees) get everything handed to them, housing etc etc, you get nothing.

I heard one of them (an immigrant) was getting on a bus last week with a child in a buggy. The driver told her that there was no room for more buggies on the bus and she'd have to fold it up. So she did what they all do - left the buggy at the bus stop because the state'll give her another one for free anyway.

And then she ate the child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Yes, assertive BATSH!T CRAZY women give lots of creeps the creeps.

FYP:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,631 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lots of her "fans"have been posting their family "crests" (apparently in response to something about a tourist teatowel being racist) to her Facebook page.

Most of them obviously not knowing that heraldic symbols are of English or Norman origin.
    We've literally just saw one of her supporters incapable of reading a highlighted portion of an article. They arent the sharpest is for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I heard one of them (an immigrant) was getting on a bus last week with a child in a buggy. The driver told her that there was no room for more buggies on the bus and she'd have to fold it up. So she did what they all do - left the buggy at the bus stop because the state'll give her another one for free anyway.

That story is obviously apocryphal. Everyone knows that immigrants get a free car from the HSE when they arrive, and if it breaks down they can phone the AA on the free mobile phone they also get.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That story is obviously apocryphal. Everyone knows that immigrants get a free car from the HSE when they arrive, and if it breaks down they can phone the AA on the free mobile phone they also get.

And a taxi to their free home that they get allocated as soon as they land...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What specifically is bat**** about standing up to racist bullying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So Mrs/Ms Ryan is Bat shyte crazy? :confused:

Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

And a taxi to their free home that they get allocated as soon as they land...

....just in time to enjoy their free Sky Sports package (in every room, on the free tvs).

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

FD1432-FD-9-DFD-4-EA7-A9-EB-FF8-B1-B8-CFBF0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

2019. A country with no implemented national broadband plan, you have this fúcktard campaigning against high speed broadband.

He might as well have written Stop Snakes on his plywood.

Boggles wrote: »
    2019. A country with no implemented national broadband plan, you have this fúcktard campaigning against high speed broadband.

He might as well have written Stop Snakes on his plywood.

Sure if we had snakes the foriegners would eat them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Odhinn wrote: »
    Sure if we had snakes the foriegners would eat them all.

Sure they have eaten all the swans.

Boggles wrote: »
    Sure they have eaten all the swans.

....and yet they won't ate the bacon, like normal people. I've nothin against the blackistanies, but they have to integrate with society.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I always love that story, bus stops would have an epidemic of buggies for the last decade if it were true

The ad called them the 'Ryans' but thats not true is it? They're not married. His name is not Ryan So they 'acted' as the Ryans.

Nah. Her family (her parents included) are the ryans , the reason they fudged it was to overinflate the amount of money they ‘saved’ shopping in lidl for the month.

Lidl calculated their saving based on the extended ryan family and said they saved x amount but the graphics team trimmed it down to the guy (not named ryan) and his fiance (named ryan) to try get more customers through the door. Lidls advertising was false as 2 people did not save that much, but they are real people (not actors) and his name is not ryan.

Gemmingtons just blew it way out of proportion and bought into the age old replacement theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

What specifically is bat**** about standing up to racist bullying?

:o

For some reason I read that as being Gemma had gone to the UK......

And "The Woman" being "The Woman" the entire thread is about, not as it turns out just another one of her victims of her Batshyte crazy antics.

I wasn't implying Mrs Ryan is a nutbag, I'm sure shes only as nuts as the rest of us.

Gemma on the other hand is an outlier. As I clearly intended to imply:D

Anyhow....I don't think this should turn into a thread just about the Ryans. They are just another set of victims of Gemma's insane patter.
    I agree that if they find the source of the death threats, they should be flagged and whacked on the no fly list for a few years for good measure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I always love that story, bus stops would have an epidemic of buggies for the last decade if it were true

Of course it's true. My brother's friend's wife's sister was actually on that bus and saw it with her own eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nah. Her family (her parents included) are the ryans , the reason they fudged it was to overinflate the amount of money they ‘saved’ shopping in lidl for the month.

Lidl calculated their saving based on the extended ryan family and said they saved x amount but the graphics team trimmed it down to the guy (not named ryan) and his fiance (named ryan) to try get more customers through the door. Lidls advertising was false as 2 people did not save that much, but they are real people (not actors) and his name is not ryan.

Gemmingtons just blew it way out of proportion and bought into the age old replacement theory.

It doesnt matter she was an actor
    It doesnt matter about their names
    It doesnt matter what happened with their budget

They didnt deserve under any circumstamces to be racially abused and sent death threats.
    Gemmas supporters racially abused them and sent them death threats.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 34,146 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

She is a Nut job Of highest order, but I’m amazed by amount of Time so called left/Liberal people give her.

I see more posts from people on Twitter about Gemma then any other person.

Please do yerselfs a favour and block her and don’t give her the coverage she is desperate for you to give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

She blocked me a while back, to be fair I was trolling her, I'd have blocked me too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

I have no time for the likes of Gemma and her fan club. Is it not a case with the Ryans that Miss Ryan didn't make it as an actress in London, had met a Brazilian lad in England and decided to come back to Ireland. They were living with her parents. 2 adults and a baby living under the same roof with the parents can't have been easy. Miss Ryan referred to her partner as being a personal trainer, the media referred to him as a construction worker.

Is it not more plausible that they may have thought that being in a Lidl advert would kick start an acting career here but unfortunately it was hijacked by racists and having run out of acting options here and finding it difficult to live with her parents, felt that returning to London might be a better option. I noticed that as soon as they returned to Britain they sold the story to the Daily Mail. Gotta be honest here, don't think it was the Lidl controversy that led to the exit from Ireland, more of a realisation that there weren't many options for a wannabe actress.

Let's be realistic here, if she thinks Ireland is racist she must have been living under a rock in Britain. She didn't even consider moving to Brazil. What happened was appalling and shouldn't have happened, but I don't want to see this kind of thing being used as an argument in favour of Hate Speech laws. Unfortunately when people put themselves in the public eye they open themselves up to all sorts of nasty pond life who say nasty things.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

blueshade wrote: »
    I have no time for the likes of Gemma and her fan club. Is it not a case with the Ryans that Miss Ryan didn't make it as an actress in London, had met a Brazilian lad in England and decided to come back to Ireland. They were living with her parents. 2 adults and a baby living under the same roof with the parents can't have been easy. Miss Ryan referred to her partner as being a personal trainer, the media referred to him as a construction worker.

Is it not more plausible that they may have thought that being in a Lidl advert would kick start an acting career here but unfortunately it was hijacked by racists and having run out of acting options here and finding it difficult to live with her parents, felt that returning to London might be a better option. I noticed that as soon as they returned to Britain they sold the story to the Daily Mail. Gotta be honest here, don't think it was the Lidl controversy that led to the exit from Ireland, more of a realisation that there weren't many options for a wannabe actress.

Let's be realistic here, if she thinks Ireland is racist she must have been living under a rock in Britain. She didn't even consider moving to Brazil. What happened was appalling and shouldn't have happened, but I don't want to see this kind of thing being used as an argument in favour of Hate Speech laws. Unfortunately when people put themselves in the public eye they open themselves up to all sorts of nasty pond life who say nasty things.

which is exactly why we do need hate speech laws. racism is not acceptable, ever.

which is exactly why we do need hate speech laws. racism is not acceptable, ever.

the issue is who gets to decide what's hate speech. It has far more potential to shut down important discussion than it does to help stamp out racism.

the issue is who gets to decide what's hate speech. It has far more potential to shut down important discussion than it does to help stamp out racism.

the people decide. we elect the TDs that pass laws. and please do tell me of these important discussions that will be shut down. I'm all ears*.

*not really. i've no interest in your nonsense.

the people decide. we elect the TDs that pass laws. and please do tell me of these important discussions that will be shut down. I'm all ears*.

*not really. i've no interest in your nonsense.

such an edge lord.

you'd have pavee point and the immigrant council out shouting and screaming to shut down everything negative, direct provision centres popping up everywhere with all critacism banned.

• Advertisement

such an edge lord.

you'd have pavee point and the immigrant council out shouting and screaming to shut down everything negative, direct provision centres popping up everywhere with all critacism banned.

and this is the nonsense i was referring to. you cant help yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement