Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Mezzotint

Just wait 'till she goes into Starbucks demanding a plate of coddle.

And christian bakeries dont supply pro gay cakes...

Both are products not available at present but could easily be ordered from suppliers already dealt with and delivered to the customer but refursed on religious grounds.

A pro gay cake is an anti gay cake with different writing on it.

It's all cake.

Meat cannot become pork. Beef, lamb or chicken cannot be decorated to become pork.

You're some man for making this ridiculous argument.

Do you think I should be able to go into an Apple store and make them sell me a PC as they're both computers?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

In the case of the baker they could supply the cake but choose not to. The only difference to cakes they do supply is the wording used on the cake. in the case of the halal butcher they do not supply that product at all.

Ok so if I was christian and was to ask in a pro gay bakery to make me a cale that says ‘being gay is a sin’ and they refused to make it , that would also be discrimination against me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

A pro gay cake is an anti gay cake with different writing on it.

It's all cake.

Meat cannot become pork. Beef, lamb or chicken cannot be decorated to become pork.

You're some man for making this ridiculous argument.

Do you think I should be able to go into an Apple store and make them sell me a PC as they're both computers?

No, and thats my point . I think what gemma has done here is delusional and wrog , but I think the lads who took the gay case are just as bad for the same reasons. A business owner should not be forced to write or sell anything on anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Both are products not available at present but could easily be ordered from suppliers already dealt with and delivered to the customer but refursed on religious grounds.

But the butcher hadn't got pork, he wasn't asked to order it, it's not something he supplies, the reasoning doesn't come into it.

The cake lads do put custom messages on cakes and decided not to, if you can't see the difference well I can't help you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

But the butcher hadn't got pork, he wasn't asked to order it, it's not something he supplies, the reasoning doesn't come into it.

The cake lads do put custom messages on cakes and decided not to, if you can't see the difference well I can't help you

Its like going into an Apple store... and ordering apples.

This lad had no reason to have pork there.

She knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Stark wrote: »

Poor lads having to listen to that voice.

The absolute state of her strolling in there shrieking about rashers. I feel a bit sorry for her because obviously she's not well but that's not an excuse for racism either.

More a case of can but doesn't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You’ve made an awful mess of the conversation trying and failing to contrast this with the custom cake message controversy.

The customer isn’t being discriminated against here: doesn’t matter if you’re Catholic Irish, Muslim, Barack Obama, The Pope, or John Rambo, every customer who enters that butcher is not walking away with or being sold any pork.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1010/1002126-belfast_gay_cake/

Well, the UK Supreme Court went with the baker, so there is nothing discriminatory in refusing to sell a cake with "Support Gay Marriage" writing, as there would be nothing wrong in refusing to sell pork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

Bloody hell..

What's Marxist degeneracy or Paedophilic Education

I'd say she'll be losing another deposit...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

she's having some rant about apartments - no gardens, depressed children and dogs on balconies ... like prisons ... but only a few steps away from the beach and all the public parks !!!

She is such a f'n snob - apparently everywhere should be like malahide. Comparing a new six story apartment block near to the coast as similar to the communist tower blocks of Moscow and St Petersburg ... she is deranged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I eagerly await Gemma's follow up video where she goes to the local Chinese take away and castigates them for not selling breakfast rolls.

Shur look it didn't Pat Shortt even write a song about it. We were all reared on them. There was breakfast roll shops on every corner during the Celtic Tiger /sarcasm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I’m told she’s targeting areas during day time canvassing and focusing mostly on older people to get her bile out. They are most easily swayed and vulnerable.

And older people do always vote. You’d worry she might get some traction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Paul Pott

I believe the reason Gemma went on the train to crazy town is that she got absolutely no respect for her work on the Mary Boyle case. There wasn't a word of a lie in her documentary but you had government politicians attacking her rather than championing the cause of getting justice for a murdered 6 year old girl. After that Gemma seemed to go totally of the rails and I wouldn't blame her tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Paul Pott wrote: »
    I believe the reason Gemma went on the train to crazy town is that she got absolutely no respect for her work on the Mary Boyle case. There wasn't a word of a lie in her documentary but you had government politicians attacking her rather than championing the cause of getting justice for a murdered 6 year old girl. After that Gemma seemed to go totally of the rails and I wouldn't blame her tbh.

I think the death of her husband from Motor Neurone Disease is the major contributory factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1010/1002126-belfast_gay_cake/

Well, the UK Supreme Court went with the baker, so there is nothing discriminatory in refusing to sell a cake with "Support Gay Marriage" writing, as there would be nothing wrong in refusing to sell pork.

Yep I'm well aware of the case, however it isn't relevant here at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It's reaching Joan Burton levels of painfullness tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Eir just refused to sell me a McMuffin!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I have only ever tweeted once and it was after the European elections where she got nowhere. Can't wait till i do my second ever tweet on Friday or Saturday. Whenever it's confirmed she has been totally rejected again.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    Eir just refused to sell me a McMuffin!

I blame George Soros for this as well! Because...why not?

We will march in solidarity with you at this cruel injustice, osarusan!

WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Absolute state of her in that video wailing about sausages and rashers, it takes some level of numpty to go into a shop asking for something you already know they dont have and put it all on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

From the Youtube comments

Man walks into a library and says to the librarian “a pound of sausages and a pound of rashers please”

The librarian says “ shhh, this is a library sir”
    So the man lowers his voice and whispers “oh sorry , a pound of sausages and a pound of rashers please”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Absolute state of her in that video wailing about sausages and rashers, it takes some level of numpty to go into a shop asking for something you already know they dont have and put it all on the internet.

Presumably she'll be at the Jews next, then the non-beef eating hindus, the meat dodging Hari Krishnas and sikhs. Shops will have a "Gemma Compliant" sticker in the window, so people know they aren't up to nonsense like vegan batter burgers or spice bags.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    From the Youtube comments

Man walks into a library and says to the librarian “a pound of sausages and a pound of rashers please”

The librarian says “ shhh, this is a library sir”
    So the man lowers his voice and whispers “oh sorry , a pound of sausages and a pound of rashers please”

Amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

As drumsteve said there is no reaching required. Pork-only butcher shops were a thing when i was a kid. as were butchers that did not sell pork. Your lack of experience with these things does not make TaurenDruids post "a reach"

Still the practice in some country towns, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

She has some passion for trying to find the negative in everything !! The accidental fire in Meath the other night had Gemma claiming it was confirmation that law and order had broken down.

How can those who follower her keep a straight face ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

whippet wrote: »
    She has some passion for trying to find the negative in everything !! The accidental fire in Meath the other night had Gemma claiming it was confirmation that law and order had broken down.

How can those who follower her keep a straight face ...

In my limited encounters with them, they seem... lacking something. Empathy, mostly. Can't live and let live, if you're not as depressed or angry as them, you're different, other, and therefore something to be feared and despised.

In my limited encounters with them, they seem... lacking something. Empathy, mostly. Can't live and let live, if you're not as depressed or angry as them, you're different, other, and therefore something to be feared and despised.

I do wonder if the vast majority of them are NEETs that have been brainwashed by living their lives almost completely online.

• Advertisement

I do wonder if the vast majority of them are NEETs that have been brainwashed by living their lives almost completely online.

Even the most innocuous thread about anything here on boards soon descends into ranting about Muslims and travelers and immigrants and welfare scroungers.

I’d say boards is homebase for the lads you’re referring to tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement