Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Rebranding wrote: »
    Then I would say people who support third world immigration into Europe should be put into mental hospitals.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to hold that opinion, personally I don't know anyone that subscribes to the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I think she is doing stellar work in winding up the twitter mob; boomer hipster types, hysterical lefties, shrill 'flakes and angry trots.

Long may it continue.

"Boomer hipster types"?! Er... you know they're entirely different things, right, separated by decades? If you're going to troll, do some pop culture research first.

Rebranding wrote: »
    Why is it ok for you to call for those who think Soros is dangerous to be committed?

Because that's my opinion which I am entitled to hold.

Why does she trigger the progressives so much? Just read back at the last few pages and look at the venom and hatred directed at her?

Is it because she is raising the issue of immigration in a country which has had no serious debate about whether we wanted to change our demographic make up to such an extent in such a short period of time?

Do her opponents want to shut down any discussion on immigration?

Or is it her her perfectly legitimate criticism of the excesses of the LGBT movement? Ya know, kids transitioning and all that jazz.

What gives?

We've had debates and indeed a history of emigration and immigration for hundreds of years. We'll continue to have debates and policies will continue to evolve.

On the other hand: someone who believes she's being poisoned by the vaccines, chemtrails and the 5G, that her opponents are funded by Soros, who lies about her position on abortion, who hypocritically opposes immigration despite marrying an immigrant, who thinks there's a conspiracy by the elite to reduce the world's population (it's an incredibly inefficient conspiracy!), that the elections she's lost were rigged, that t-shirts with unicorns and rainbows are another conspiracy, that it's ok to post photos of other peoples' kids online alongside hate speech, and who believes Google owe her a social media platform but who will block anyone who questions her on social media - nah, she doesn't really do debate, does she?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

Why does she trigger the progressives so much? Just read back at the last few pages and look at the venom and hatred directed at her?

Is it because she is raising the issue of immigration in a country which has had no serious debate about whether we wanted to change our demographic make up to such an extent in such a short period of time?

Or is it her her perfectly legitimate criticism of the excesses of the LGBT movement? Ya know, kids transitioning and all that jazz.

What gives?

You don't have to be much of a progressive to find her horrible racism offence. Any half decent person should find much of what she's come out with over the last year and a half fairly disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I'd say you're definitely triggered.

Nope. Just have no time for and despise those who peddle lies, myths and talk shíte out of their hole while either refusing to show evidence or worse peddle debunked myths like they're the truth when in fact they've been proven to be lies.

Having an opinion is fine but there's a difference beween an opinion and broadcasting outright malice and lies for no reason other than for the sake of it. This is a woman who is utterly devoid of reality, launching shítposting campaigns on cancer media against people who appeared in a bloody LIDL ad for crying out loud. She's also a bellend and complete muppet for the way she acts and ignores facts for fantasies and delusions. The looney bin is the only appropiate place for that sorts.

Human Stupidity is the cancer of existence and the opinions of idiots like her are only deserving of ridicule and humiliation for having no facts whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭banie01

"Boomer hipster types"?! Er... you know they're entirely different things, right, separated by decades? If you're going to troll, do some pop culture research first.

Obviously he means those trans-ageist folk!
    Those 50+y.o whom I identify as 25 and under!
    Simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Dick_Swiveller

Das Pints wrote: »
    I'm just saying these lads are no better than the lads who are obsessed over Louise O'Neil.

My advice to these people is to put down the phone, leave the house and go talk to real people. It's not all doom and gloom out there.

Very well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

First two posts as a Boards member are on this thread accusing others of being obsessed lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I wonder how she got to be so rude and dismissive to ordinary working Joes. I know she comes from a fairly privileged background but it's a certain strain of people that continue that aloof sense of entitlement into adulthood.

Last night there was some chap trying to lock up at the count centre as per the guidelines he's given. Gemma runs through him insisting soldiers should be on watch and why isn't the count happening overnight anyway? This guy's just trying to get on with the job he's tasked with and get home.

She's an ugly excuse of a human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If you believe the government or George Soros or whoever is trying to poison you with chemicals dropped from commercial jet planes, or that 5G is going to dry your brain or are anti vax then yes, you belong in a mental hospital imo.

Oh calm down.
    You'll overhear worse while waiting to be served in your local pub.

Oh calm down.

Yeah, but the people in said pub don't post personal details online about people, they don't have an army of deranged followers spreading their lies putting children's lives at risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Mezzotint wrote: »
    Bear in mind too that this is an election with a very low turnout and her voters are probably die hards, so will have all turned out. So this is about as big a number as she will ever get.
    In a full general election it would probably translate to significantly less than 1%.

It shows that, despite the online bubble, there's no real world appetite for the kind of politics she's pushing. This is Ireland, not the US and the political landscape is hugely different. She and others are spending their time shouting into an echo chamber that feels much larger than it actually is.

The vast, vast majority of Irish people will listen to what she has to say and then reply:

"Ah listen. Will ya ever piss off with that ****e."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh calm down.

Christ what kind of loopers do you drink with?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The vast, vast majority of Irish people will listen to what she has to say and then reply:

"Ah listen. Will ya ever piss off with that ****e."

The problem is that over 1,000 people in Fingal listened to her and thought "thats the kind of stuff I like" enough to actually go out and vote for her over any other candidate. Youd have to assume at least twice that also agree but didnt or dont bother voting. Multiply that across the country and thats a worrying enough amount of people that will vote for outright racist and looney conspiracy opinions over anyone else.

Not enough people to get elected to anything, but a lot of people nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Beasty wrote: »
    You have made 236 posts in this forum. 47 of them make reference to The Handmaid's Tale - across the site you can multiply both of those figures by 4. I would suggest you refrain from doing so as it is winding others up and any repeats in this forum will be considered trolling

Any questions, PM me

There are 2 ways of looking at this. People should be free to make comparisons about what they see. If it is that easy to wind up people, then there is something wrong with those sad people. They really should get a life. No wonder Gemma and her kind can gain votes. Some really strange people around and if they can close down posts, bullies win simple as. The same types would crow about free speech if they were deprived of writing posts like this that are put downs and bullying:

'Would you ever stop posting this handmaid's tale s***e! Almost every f*cking post you make has some idiotic reference to a television show!'

It is those people who should be warned and those thanking such posts too. They are using bad language which I blotted out from the above too and GET AWAY with it. This site is either moderated properly or not at all. It has often become a free-flow site for bullies and the far right as the above post shows. Of course such types do not like when their favourite politicians are compared to bad people.

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

3.7% is pretty pathetic. Great to see Gemma and her racist supporters get their asses handed to them.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    3.7% is pretty pathetic. Great to see Gemma and her racist supporters get their asses handed to them.

3.6% too much for my liking, happy to see her get nowhere though, she'll be back to screaming about Google denying her a platform now I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Thread closed for a clean up. Have it back open as soon as possible. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Thread reopened.
    The late late show banned for one day.
    Keep it on topic please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Oh calm down.

And prior to the internet and social media, such drivel that Gemma & related trolls espouse would be confined to the local drunks/gob****es in a pub. Most of the pub patrons would rightly have ignored such utter ****. It's an unfortunate consequence of social media that such views seem to have a greater following than they have in reality.

Good to see that despite her supporters turning out, the percentage was very low. She had her democratic chance yet again and her message was soundly rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What gives?

Shes far right fascist racist scum

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

What gives?

It's not just that she is anti-immigration, Dick.

She is peddling the Great Replacement/Coudenhove-Kalergi Plan conspiracy theory that has been at the forefront of White Nationalist discussion for 20 or more years. She has hashtagged Great Replacement multiple times on Twitter over the last few years.

And of course that conspiracy all leads down the road to the "Evil Jewz" are the puppet masters of this conspiracy. First The Rothschilds and now Soros. Again she has mentioned Soros consistently in her anti-Immigration tweets online linking him to this Great Replacement.

That's why she pisses people off and "triggers the progressives".

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Has she said anything on her glorious race to Leinster House yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

Has she said anything on her glorious race to Leinster House yet?

Not seen anything but the electorate of Fingal have shown that they overwhelmingly believe in climate change and not Gemma's crackpot ramblings.

Yeah, just saw the tweet blaming the people of Fingal for being taken in by the "climate change hoax"...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

I reckon most of the votes she got were from full time mad bastards pulling the piss!

I reckon most of the votes she got were from full time mad bastards pulling the piss!

More like full time dick heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well shes tweeted that shes planning to run in the GE next year. And theres this gem from a deluded Justin Barrett

https://twitter.com/JustinBarrettNP/status/1200807688822808576

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This is her pinnacle, theres always a bigger protest vote going to fringe candidates during by-elections. She'll be rejected to a greater extent at the GE. If she doesn't get locked up before then of course....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement