Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Justin Barrett? His "party" has been around for a couple of years now and hasn't managed to contest a single council election, so forgive me if I don't lend much credence to his interpretation of election results!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Justin Barrett? His "party" has been around for a couple of years now and hasn't managed to contest a single council election, so forgive me if I don't lend much credence to his interpretation of election results!

Sure the poor fecker doesn't know if he's married or not....or which woman he's officially married to LOL 🀣😅😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Now she's talking about having 'Patriots' in polling stations for the General Election. If she wasnt such an evil twisted loon it would be funny. Somebody said here earlier about a family member of hers stepping in to have a word, apparently her family have washed their hands of her.

Shes starting to remind me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

gandalf wrote: »
    Sure the poor fecker doesn't know if he's married or not....or which woman he's officially married to LOL ������

Hypocrite who opposed divorce and then got one himself

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Interesting campaign tactics this time around. From what I can see it involved shouting at people who were asking questions.
    Not even sure if there was a policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Interesting campaign tactics this time around. From what I can see it involved shouting at people who were asking questions.
    Not even sure if there was a policy.

how is that different to her previous campaign tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Somebody said here earlier about a family member of hers stepping in to have a word, apparently her family have washed their hands of her.

Yeah her niece was tweeting a while back saying similar. Gemma blocked her. She blocked her own niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah her niece was tweeting a while back saying similar. Gemma blocked her. She blocked her own niece.

was her cousin who was a journo too

she has 2 elder sisters and a brother

Im told the brother is working and living in the US, without a green card allegedly

how is that different to her previous campaign tactics?

Didnt think it was

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

it should also be noted that her friend Peter Madden, a fellow member of ACI who used ACI literature etc but also ran as an independent in Dublin Mid West got a paltry 72 votes on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    it should also be noted that her friend Peter Madden, a fellow member of ACI who used ACI literature etc but also ran as an independent in Dublin Mid West got a paltry 72 votes on Friday

RIGGED!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

oranbhoy67 wrote: »

Even Charlie Keddy got more votes than that!! 92!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

She is a nobody who uses controversy and tin foil hattery to get a load of dribbler followers to build a reputation that only exists online.

This. My wife who doesn't use social media at all, has never heard of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

How come all of her videos on YouTube are up voted along with comments supporting her?

Surely there isn't that many crackpots in this country?

Whatever the case, it won't be long until she's sectioned.

How come all of her videos on YouTube are up voted along with comments supporting her?

Surely there isn't that many crackpots in this country?

Whatever the case, it won't be long until she's sectioned.

She either buys them from bot farms or sets up multiple accounts herself.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Nearly sure she has been caught out on Twitter replying herself from a multiple account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

And has a large american following

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

The sound defeat of Gemma O'Doherty's vile hate is good news for Fingal and for the country. It proves that there is virtually no appetite for her brand of "Irish First" politics.

One in every six people in Fingal is non-Irish, and this number will continue to grow. Constituencies like Fingal area leading the way in becoming truly multicultural.

This result proves that you can't stop progress, and the Irish will be a minority there before long. People like GoD want to keep us fixed in a time when the Irish were a majority everywhere in Ireland. Welcome to the new Ireland, Gemma... Or should I say, GemTrails.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The sound defeat of Gemma O'Doherty's vile hate is good news for Fingal and for the country. It proves that there is virtually no appetite for her brand of "Irish First" politics.

One in every six people in Fingal is non-Irish, and this number will continue to grow. Constituencies like Fingal area leading the way in becoming truly multicultural.

This result proves that you can't stop progress, and the Irish will be a minority there before long. People like GoD want to keep us fixed in a time when the Irish were a majority everywhere in Ireland. Welcome to the new Ireland, Gemma... Or should I say, GemTrails.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Irish people are in no danger of becoming a minority. (This was proved several posts back by showing results of multiple consecutive consensus).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Stark wrote: »
    Not sure what you're getting at here. Irish people are in no danger of becoming a minority. (This was proved several posts back by showing results of multiple consecutive consensus).
    You can't prove a prediction.

And in any case why is it a "danger" to become a minority, like it's a bad thing? I used to think like that, but now it seems racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,356 ✭✭✭✭8-10

And in any case why is it a "danger" to become a minority, like it's a bad thing? I used to think like that, but now it seems racist.

Pretty sure that's a figure of speech mate. As in the statistic is "in danger" of changing. If you're not native English speaking it's a bit subtle to try to explain but I don't think you need to take it as literally as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Gembots and their bloody reverse psychology.

** shakes fist **

Given that the second highest non national group in Fingal are English, with Polish being the first, I would have thought that you would have enjoyed being with your compatriots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

She has gone bat**** crazy down in Kilkenny tonight !! Her buddy Dee bundled in to the back of a paddy wagon on live stream .. hilarious stuff altogether !!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

whippet wrote: »
    She has gone bat**** crazy down in Kilkenny tonight !! Her buddy Dee bundled in to the back of a paddy wagon on live stream .. hilarious stuff altogether !!

And then shouting "Scum of the earth!" repeatedly at the Gardai.

Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wasn't that Angela "WaGemma/Bizarro Gemma/Mirror Gemma/whatever you want to call her" Ray?

The warrant stuff, in my head I keep hearing "You're not wearing your hat, you have to go home and get your hat". Reminds me of the days when Indymedia was in full swing.

Found the video here: https://www.facebook.com/YellowVestIreland/posts/486214138909772

Actually I think I'm getting my crazy ladies mixed up? Who was the one who sounded like Gemma but was doing a counter-protest in Fingal?

Edit: Found it, that seemed to be Veronica https://twitter.com/vmax_14/status/1200195458527825922

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

I don’t understand how she wasn’t arrested filming at the polling station. I watched her video and that Garda should have arrested her.

Now this.

I’ve been arrested once for my own protection (distraught phone argument with my other half on the street late at night)

At what point will she be arrested either as a nuisance or a danger to herself or others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭randd1

She’s ****ing lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I don’t understand how she wasn’t arrested filming at the polling station. I watched her video and that Garda should have arrested her.

Now this.

I’ve been arrested once for my own protection (distraught phone argument with my other half on the street late at night)

At what point will she be arrested either as a nuisance or a danger to herself or others?

She wants to be arrested.
    That is her objective, and would be "proof" of all her conspiracy theories.
    Gardai know this, and are ignoring her as best they can.
    Sooner or later she will either slander a Garda, or interfere in them carrying out their duties, and get her wish...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

She made a comment on her video that she was trying to go in to the solicitors office as your one’s ‘legal representative’ .. as an award winning journalist I’m sure she knows who and how someone can be a ‘legal representative’

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement