Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Looking at an athletics ireland tweet about a lad that won an U20s race and there's no shortage of this cvnts followers in the comments . Full of "replacement immigration" and a lot worse.

Course they all have anonymous profile pics and names. Real honourable Patriots there.........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

So what if she had sex? I really don't want to defend her, but mothers are allowed have sex and talk about having sex. There's enough things to have a go at her without slut shaming.

So you don’t think she should spare her teenage children their mothers public social media ramblings about her orgasms?

Seeing as she's been dead for about 30 years, no, my mother doesn't post often about her bedroom activities.

But you don't get to decide what the time and place is for mothers to talk about having sex. That's her choice. You've enough things to have a go at her about without slut shaming.

Mothers or anyone can go public on social media about and describe their orgasms despite the unnecessary discomfort it will cause to their children.
    You, or they, don’t get to tell the same public that they can’t criticize the mothers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Seeing as she's been dead for about 30 years, no, my mother doesn't post often about her bedroom activities.

But you don't get to decide what the time and place is for mothers to talk about having sex. That's her choice. You've enough things to have a go at her about without slut shaming.
    To be fair you're the one inadvertently inferring she's a slut with that silly term. Anyone telling the nation that they've just had the ride whether male or female is more than cringeworthy and I'd be morto for the childer. In summary there's no sexism there except in the term "slut shaming".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Looking at an athletics ireland tweet about a lad that won an U20s race and there's no shortage of this cvnts followers in the comments . Full of "replacement immigration" and a lot worse.

Course they all have anonymous profile pics and names. Real honourable Patriots there.........

While this behaviour is disgraceful, it is heartening to see how little impact these supposed "Patriots" actually have in this country, we have no significant political party that espouses these views and has any success at the ballot box, despite the way this xenophobic nationalist politics has yielded results elsewhere in Europe. That is something we can be proud of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So you would have no issue with your wife, Girlfriend, sister posting about their sex life on facebook.

I certainly wouldn't feel that I get to control what they say about their sex life. It's their sex life. It's their social media. They are adults. They can do whatever they like with it.

Miike wrote: »
    I don't doubt it's her choice that doesn't change the fact Facebook statuses are not the place for discussing or making declarations about their sex life. Just like putting a picture of your knob on Facebook isn't acceptable. These are the norms that we live by and finally, how in the face of fúck is it slut shaming for saying that behavior isn't appropriate? I'm not condemning her for having a sex life. I reiterate: time and a place.
    Why would you get to choose the time and place for her to talk about her sex life?

splinter65 wrote: »
    So you don’t think she should spare her teenage children their mothers public social media ramblings about her orgasms?

Why shouldn't parents talk to their teenage children or indeed to the world about their orgasms? It's OK for people to enjoy sex. It's OK for people to talk about sex. Can we possibly move on from repressed Irish Catholic attitudes to sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

coolbeans wrote: »
    To be fair you're the one inadvertently inferring she's a slut with that silly term. Anyone telling the nation that they've just had the ride whether male or female is more than cringeworthy and I'd be morto for the childer. In summary there's no sexism there except in the term "slut shaming".
    I didn't infer that she was a slut or she was anything. And I didn't accuse people of sexism. I accused people of slut shaming, which is what they were doing.

If she wants to tell the nation that she got the ride, that's up to her. If she were a hot 25 year old telling the nation about her latest conquest, we might see different attitudes. But because she's a mammy, she's not supposed to talk about sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I didn't infer that she was a slut or she was anything. And I didn't accuse people of sexism. I accused people of slut shaming, which is what they were doing.

If she wants to tell the nation that she got the ride, that's up to her. If she were a hot 25 year old telling the nation about her latest conquest, we might see different attitudes. But because she's a mammy, she's not supposed to talk about sex?

Anyone on social media talking about getting their end away is mega cringe. Especially if it's yer aul one.

It's a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Round and round we go. I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭ScallionAyter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I do not like her or people similar to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,356 ✭✭✭✭8-10

poisonated wrote: »
    I do not like her or people similar to her.

+1

Top comment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

john4321 wrote: »
    Someone on Twitter posted a good doc describing the whole train wreck of a story.

They weren't exaggerating when they said "Here's where the story takes a dark turn..." :eek:

The Nal wrote: »

Jesus tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

Oh ho, it this illegal/ contempt of court?

I'd love to hear if her solicitor upon conviction would present the sentencing mitigating like they would any other client (suffering from psychosis and depression et al, asking for a mental health assessment prior to sentencing). It would be interesting to see if Gemma would consent to going to the nuthouse if prison was on the table (I may be wrong but didn't Tom Humphries avoid prison for years by continually being in therapy?)

Then again she might end up representing herself, in which case I'm booking the day off work to attend :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭various artistes

Is she banned from FB again? I looked yesterday and there hadn't been anything resembling the incoherent ravings of a drugged horse since 06/12.

Is she banned from FB again? I looked yesterday and there hadn't been anything resembling the incoherent ravings of a drugged horse since 06/12.

Yeah she is :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus Christ, how is she still allowed on Twitter?

With all the lunatics hanging on Gemtrail's words this could get very dangerous for that social worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,450 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Oh ho, it this illegal/ contempt of court?

I'd love to hear if her solicitor upon conviction would present the sentencing mitigating like they would any other client (suffering from psychosis and depression et al, asking for a mental health assessment prior to sentencing).

Alex Jones's lawyer in a custody battle described him as a 'performance artist playing a character'. Not sure that line would actually be mitigation in Gemma's situation though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

yeah another 28 day ban

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    yeah another 28 day ban

Oh yeah, has she commented on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Oh yeah, has she commented on it?

she said she was banned on friday whilst doing her livestream from where the foster father attempted suicide

actually typing that out shows how low she has went

and someone who has more patience than me to watch more of her stuff said she said it was a 28 day ban

Why shouldn't parents talk to their teenage children or indeed to the world about their orgasms? It's OK for people to enjoy sex. It's OK for people to talk about sex. Can we possibly move on from repressed Irish Catholic attitudes to sex?

Nothing to do with Irish Catholic attitudes to sex Andrew. All over the world and forever teenage children or any children don’t want to know that their parents had sex, and they certainly don’t want their friends to know that their parents ever had sex.
    Forever.
    All over the world Andrew.
    It’s human nature, which can’t be over ridden, much to your frustration.
    But you know that.
    You are starting to appear as someone who wants to remove any decency which attaches itself naturally to reproductive issues, for very good reason, and replace it with a “the only rules are that there’s no rules” concept. What do you say?

I think GO’D started like everyone else with the best of intentions. Mental illness or some kind of trauma has led her down this terrible road and she apparently has no one who cares about her sufficiently to save her from herself. She’s borderline psychotic at this stage and I honestly can’t see it continuing for much longer without there being some kind of tragedy.
    What’s terrifying is the sheer numbers of folk who don’t see any issue with Gemma. Folk who are going about their daily lives on the same wavelength as her. SM really exposes the levels of delusions out there.

What’s terrifying is the sheer numbers of folk who don’t see any issue with Gemma. Folk who are going about their daily lives on the same wavelength as her. SM really exposes the levels of delusions out there.

Twitter and Facebook. A lot of lonely people with their heads in their phones 24/7 as their only outlet proving McClellands need for affiliation. The more they're told they're wrong, the more they'll sink into that social group.

You have to be fairly thick to fall into it to that degree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I hate it everytime i hear a gaa middleclass country accent saying things like "well noel grealish does raise some good points" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I hate it everytime i hear a gaa middleclass country accent saying things like "well noel grealish does raise some good points" :)

"Fair play, he's not afraid to say it like it is, and he's only saying what everyone's thinking yada yada"

Words that make me want to kill, and kill again.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

I think GO’D started like everyone else with the best of intentions. Mental illness or some kind of trauma has led her down this terrible road and she apparently has no one who cares about her sufficiently to save her from herself. She’s borderline psychotic at this stage and I honestly can’t see it continuing for much longer without there being some kind of tragedy.

What numbers?
    She has about a handful of loons that follow her.

• Advertisement

Jackman25 wrote: »
    What numbers?
    She has about a handful of loons that follow her.

Well there are some posters who while saying that her followers are deluded, if you were to read some of their post history, you would see that they agree with some of her ideas and then some.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement