Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

She censored my comments on her Facebook page and blocked from twitter. All in the name of free speech lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

There is something schadenfreude like about seeing Justin Barrett blocked out of Balbriggan from speaking with Gemma on International Holocaust Memorial day given the context of his politics.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/far-right-rally-had-welcome-for-irish-no-activist-1.1098691

"Hey Hey, Ho Ho nazi scum has got to go" (repeat 3 times)

FASCIST (repeat randomly)

Fist pump

"Nazi scum off our streets"

Rinse, repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fist pump

Rinse, repeat

Yep. Exactly.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Check out this pathetic rabble of total losers.

John Waters just rambles incoherently like my senile old granny used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,778 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Nal wrote: »
    Check out this pathetic rabble of total losers.

John Waters just rambles incoherently like my senile old granny used to.

They are both utterly deranged...the most dangerous one to me is Barrett who didn't make it in the fascist, homophobic wee sh#te

The national party did put a huge banner up near my house last week (I saw them doing it), illegally (I checked regs) it was reported to council and gone the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

gmisk wrote: »
    They are both utterly deranged

Barrett is genuinely just a bad egg. A twisted man full of hate. I kind of feel sorry for the other two though.

Gems is obviously in the middle of some long term breakdown but I feel sorry for Waters in particular. Hes hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,778 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The Nal wrote: »
    Barrett is genuinely just a bad egg. A twisted man full of hate. I kind of feel sorry for the other two though.

Gems is obviously in the middle of some long term breakdown but I feel sorry for Waters in particular. Hes hopeless.
    I saw a clip of his speech outside Google...that voice...full of hatred...almost as hard to listen to as Gems
    I do love the fact that he campaigned so hard and with so much vitriol to not allow divorce in Ireland...then got divorced...

Gems is just ranting about every conspiracy theory she can get her hands on.

I agree waters just looks broken, rambling and shambling about, hard to feel too sorry for him though let's be honest

gmisk wrote: »
    I saw a clip of his speech outside Google...that voice...full of hatred...almost as hard to listen to as Gems
    I do love the fact that he campaigned so hard and with so much vitriol to not allow divorce in Ireland...then got divorced...

Gems is just ranting about every conspiracy theory she can get her hands on.

I agree waters just looks broken, rambling and shambling about, hard to feel too sorry for him though let's be honest

Waters has one thing in common with a lot of politicians, he never kept his promise to emigrate if the 8th was repealed.

Barrett is a scrote and attracts similar types, as seen by some of the shills appearing in the current election threads.

Both Waters and Gems are handy mouth pieces for him, so no I don't feel sorry for Waters or Gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I went to college with Justin. he was a hate fill odd little ****er even in his teens. There was something genuinely skin crawling about him. He went for SU positions a number of times always unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1222135375252066304?s=20

Here we have the normal and not at all mental Gemtrails begging the President of America to intervene after being banned from Facebook.

I mean Jesus, how bad do you have to be to get banned from Facebook.

That said, it's the poor people of Barrow Street I feel sorry for now, they'll be back there saying their rosaries and talking about metal clouds as soon as the election is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Fist pump

Rinse, repeat

They didnt get the meeting stopped and there is another one tomorrow night. So much for shutting down the fash.

Here we have the normal and not at all mental Gemtrails begging the President of America to intervene after being banned from Facebook.

That said, it's the poor people of Barrow Street I feel sorry for now, they'll be back there saying their rosaries and talking about metal clouds as soon as the election is over.

Zuckerberg must be really slow at doing admin tasks, he was flying into Ireland last year to shut down her account apparently.

Sure the donald will look into this asap. Actually it would be something he would tweet about in all possibility, it's not like he doesn't have form in such cases.

They didnt get the meeting stopped and there is another one tomorrow night. So much for shutting down the fash.

Will you be attending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

There is something schadenfreude like about seeing Justin Barrett blocked out of Balbriggan from speaking with Gemma on International Holocaust Memorial day given the context of his politics.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/far-right-rally-had-welcome-for-irish-no-activist-1.1098691

It's actually quite fascist to disrupt other people's meetings. Tolerance for thee but not for me from the modern left.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Hopefully the election results will shut them up at least.

It's actually quite fascist to disrupt other people's meetings. Tolerance for thee but not for me from the modern left.

So you're against the free speech of protesters? Sounds pretty communist to me.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Will you be attending?

No I've better things to be doing on a Thursday evening than to be going to a meeting of a party I dont support.

Hopefully the election results will shut them up at least.

I doubt it, too much money to be made.

So you're against the free speech of protesters? Sounds pretty communist to me.

Free speech doesn't allow for intimidation or for stopping others going about their lawful business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Gemma had no qualms blocking/banning people from her FB page if they posted anything she disagreed with so it's not as if she really believes in free speech.

And it isn't easy to get FB to even take down posts, I've reported several on various pages and more often than not get the "it doesn't violate our community standards..."

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Hi Gemma

Great argument there. An awful lot of what I've read in this thread is basically ad hominem against people like Gemma O'Doherty rather than addressing each issue that they raise and demonstrating its merits or demerits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Damn straight. Because we've learned form history what happens when fascists are tolerated.

Free speech doesn't allow for intimidation or for stopping others going about their lawful business.

The Gardai were there, no arrests were made and the lawful business of that meeting went ahead as planned - all 17 people turned up!

You just seem very eager to silence the voices of people exercising their legitimate right to free speech. Disappointing.

Damn straight. Because we've learned form history what happens when fascists are tolerated.

Two wrongs don't make a right. "Stop fascists by acting like them" is what we seem to have these days.

The Gardai were there, no arrests were made and the lawful business of that meeting went ahead as planned - all 17 people turned up!

You just seem very eager to silence the voices of people exercising their legitimate right to free speech. Disappointing.

So Justin Barrett wasn't impeded in attending the meeting? Genuine question, I'm only learning about what went on there today.

So Justin Barrett wasn't impeded in attending the meeting? Genuine question, I'm only learning about what went on there today.

I wasn't there, I couldn't tell you. He made it in to the meeting, he was able to go about his business. He's only a little lad with short enough legs though so it might has taken him a few more minutes to get there.

And he might be walking more often if he doesn't get his car taxed and NCT'd.

OSI wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight Gemma

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, I don't believe he was.

There was a considerable contingent of people, but my understanding is that rather than get out of the car to make his way to the meeting, he chose to leave instead.

I wasn't there, I couldn't tell you. He made it in to the meeting, he was able to go about his business. He's only a little lad with short enough legs though so it might has taken him a few more minutes to get there.

And he might be walking more often if he doesn't get his car taxed and NCT'd.

Right. Well my point is, whether people like someone or not, said person, should be free to go about their business. Of course people should also be able to peacefully protest what others say/do, if they wish.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    No, I don't believe he was.

There was a considerable contingent of people, but my understanding is that rather than get out of the car to make his way to the meeting, he chose to leave instead.

I see. Thanks for the info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement