Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Apart from the shinner sitting on his bonnet. Re watch the video with the TV glasses on this time. It was on that degenerate buzz o Neil's stream.

Couldn't see anyone sitting on his bonnet...Are we watching the same video ?
    Linky ?

I think the entire debacle says as much about how cowardly a wee sh1te Barrett is as it does about the assembled crowd of objectors. Most of the audio indicates that they were there for the buzz of some shenanigans as much as to object to the total freakshow that was the video of the meeting.

A sad indicator of the state of Irish politics and society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭SaintLeibowitz

its here where im expecting you to quote an example....

Oh did you forget?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111025602&postcount=2393

You commented in relation to Gemma o doherty comment 'burn any hijab you see'.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Great argument there. An awful lot of what I've read in this thread is basically ad hominem against people like Gemma O'Doherty rather than addressing each issue that they raise and demonstrating its merits or demerits.

There is no merit in anything Gemma says. She is a bully, a racist, a homophobe and a hatemonger.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Anyone else find that the muppets complaining about antifa are the ones most likely to get a few slaps off them?

I keep hearing this bash the fash thing when is it actually going to happen? A lot of mouthing. No action.

Relying on journalist killers to come down and do their dirty work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,153 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm amazed even threads like this are still ongoing.

She really has so little support would it not be best just to ignore her?

I say something if she gaining a strong hold. I mean I even see people set up Twitter accounts asking for people not vote for her. I mean would ya be arsed?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So you're against the free speech of protesters? Sounds pretty communist to me.

Free speech is one thing. Blocking people in their cars, smashing windows and pushing/intimidating people is another. They claimed that they were shutting down hate speech? We have incitement to hatred laws for that. Are these vigilantes any better than the paedo chasers most people are denigrating in another thread??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Gemma and her gang are away with the fairies. I could picture them all inside the meeting wearing tinfoil hats. That said, the behaviour of the people outside was embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Oh did you forget?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111025602&postcount=2393

You commented in relation to Gemma o doherty comment 'burn any hijab you see'.

So an opressive religious symbol should be burned = advocating violence against muslim women... thats the best you could do....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

seamus wrote: »
    No, I don't believe he was.

There was a considerable contingent of people, but my understanding is that rather than get out of the car to make his way to the meeting, he chose to leave instead.
    Perhaps Mr. Barrett has learned a lesson from his past. He has stated that (after attending several meetings of the NDP and Forza Nuova, far right parties in Germany and Italy) that he regrets "not being more careful" regarding his attendance.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Free speech is one thing. Blocking people in their cars, smashing windows and pushing/intimidating people is another. They claimed that they were shutting down hate speech? We have incitement to hatred laws for that. Are these vigilantes any better than the paedo chasers most people are denigrating in another thread??

what windows were smashed?

• Advertisement

So an opressive religious symbol should be burned = advocating violence against muslim women... thats the best you could do....

you said "burn any hijab you see" so presumably any you see on a muslim woman walking down the street. Are you suggesting that you merely intended to ask politely for their hijab before burning it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

he didnt get out of the car. no garda spoke to him in the video of the event. so i think you just made that up.

A Garda spoke to him while he was in the car - it’s on video.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

you said "burn any hijab you see" so presumably any you see on a muslim woman walking down the street. Are you suggesting that you merely intended to ask politely for their hijab before burning it?

I didnt say that , Gemma did, her sentiment about the hijab is right but if you followed down that post from the original reply youll see that I do not advocate ripping hijabs off women in the street, but ofcourse that doesnt fit your narrative. Nice try but I dont ever advocate violence, unlike islam or antifa

I didnt say that , Gemma did, her sentiment about the hijab is right but if you followed down that post from the original reply youll see that I do not advocate ripping hijabs off women in the street, but ofcourse that doesnt fit your narrative. Nice try but I dont ever advocate violence, unlike islam or antifa

so you didnt say it initially but you support what she said. It is not your fault if somebody of a lower intellect takes the idea you support literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭SaintLeibowitz

Gemma called for violence against Muslim woman. You said even a 'stopped clock Is right twice a day' in relation to Gemmas call for violence towards Muslim woman.

The only narrative here, is your own posts being read and being repeated back to you.

You certainly do. You advocate for the death penalty. Unless you mean the non-violent sort? Antifa, for all it can be criticised for, doesn’t kill people.

I'm amazed even threads like this are still ongoing.

She really has so little support would it not be best just to ignore her?

I say something if she gaining a strong hold. I mean I even see people set up Twitter accounts asking for people not vote for her. I mean would ya be arsed?:pac:

She has allied with National Party and Irexit and a lot of other far right racists and they have candidates in every constituency in the country. There is obviously growing support for this extreme racism in Ireland.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

OldGoat wrote: »
    Perhaps Mr. Barrett has learned a lesson from his past. He has stated that (after attending several meetings of the NDP and Forza Nuova, far right parties in Germany and Italy) that he regrets "not being more careful" regarding his attendance.

More like he regrets being found out. Looking at his policies no. No he hasnt. They are all straight out of fascist racist handbooks.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

OldGoat wrote: »

No. He lied about it, threatened legal action against the press, the truth came out anyway, then he lied saying he didn't know they were Nazis - which he didn't twig with all the skinheads, actual SS Nazis in attendance and Hitler chants - and now he wishes he was "more careful". Whatever the fúck that means.

Link here with all the articles that were published at the time.

As previously stated, Gems and Waters are deranged sad sacks in need of help but he is a legitimate wrongun. Full of hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Katie Hopkins twitter account has been suspended & wiped...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Sir Oxman wrote: »

Wonderful scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sir Oxman wrote: »

Good news day this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

It truly is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Liberal tears are made for sharing... :p

Tick tock Germa.

I'm liking the phrase, "Hate Actors" to describe Hopkins and O'Doherty.

If they say they're not acting, they get banned for inviting hatred. It also removes any trace of defamation, when referring them to the hate they spread.
    They may try and deny they spread hate, but their posts say otherwise.

I'm liking the phrase, "Hate Actors" to describe Hopkins and O'Doherty.

If they say they're not acting, they get banned for inviting hatred. It also removes any trace of defamation, when referring them to the hate they spread.
    They may try and deny they spread hate, but their posts [may be interpreted to] say otherwise.

Fixed your post for you... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Fixed your post for you... ;)

GTF

Birneybau wrote: »
    GTF

BIOYA

BISFLATM

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

BIOYA

BISFLATM

:D

Get The F. You and your disengenuous ilk

This discussion has been closed.