Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The poster would want to do some fact checking.

You might want to check up on Gems and co.

Most that gloss over them (Gems etc) on here either haven't a clue what they are writing off, or support what they stand for and either come right out about it, or don't have the stones to do so and just make snide remarks about people highlighting the fact Gems etc are scrotes.

Oh I am under no illusion regarding how dangerous Gemma and her gang are. There should be no place in our society for people like her and Barret. However we live in a democracy and the thugs who gathered outside to disrupt a candidates meeting should be ashamed of themselves and their embarrassing behaviour. I would like to see stricter immigration policies implemented in our country. Similar to Canada or Australia where you are vetted and accepted on a probationary basis. Am I a racist?

AllForIt wrote: »
    Is what JW said true?

Can I just stop you right there?

Thanks.

Oh I am under no illusion regarding how dangerous Gemma and her gang are. There should be no place in our society for people like her and Barret. However we live in a democracy and the thugs who gathered outside to disrupt a candidates meeting should be ashamed of themselves and their embarrassing behaviour. I would like to see stricter immigration policies implemented in our country. Similar to Canada or Australia where you are vetted and accepted on a probationary basis. Am I a racist?

Well people in a democracy have the right to protest, especially political gatherings, and gatherings masquerading as political gatherings.

Surely as someone who supports democracy you support the right to protest political meetings?

Nothing really different between protesting Gems and co, and farmers shutting down the FG cabinet meeting in Cork last year.

Well people in a democracy have the right to protest, especially political gatherings, and gatherings masquerading as political gatherings.

Surely as someone who supports democracy you support the right to protest political meetings?

Nothing really different between protesting Gems and co, and farmers shutting down the FG cabinet meeting in Cork last year.

Theres protesting in a civilised manner then there's surrounding a candidates car and banging on the hood like a pack of rabid animals( I've watched the videos) Like I said they are unsavoury candidates but it was a legal gathering of legal candidates all the same. These lunatics will be forgotten about soon enough I feel giving them attention like that only makes matters worse. I saw quite a bit of backslapping from the people who were outside on their facebook pages. I got the feeling a lot of it was them also looking for attention or for others to say "well done" you saved us again from the nazis. Highly embarrassing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Um.

You do know you can't just move to Ireland, right? That we do actually have immigration controls, and if you're non-EU or non-British, you can't just rock up? You need a visa, which you have to apply for in advance, and if you want to work or study, it needs to be a work or student visa? There's a whole website about it.

• Advertisement

Um.

You do know you can't just move to Ireland, right? That we do actually have immigration controls, and if you're non-EU or non-British, you can't just rock up? You need a visa, which you have to apply for in advance, and if you want to work or study, it needs to be a work or student visa? There's a whole website about it.

Ill check the google thanks

Theres protesting in a civilised manner then there's surrounding a candidates car and banging on the hood like a pack of rabid animals( I've watched the videos) Like I said they are unsavoury candidates but it was a legal gathering of legal candidates all the same. These lunatics will be forgotten about soon enough I feel giving them attention like that only makes matters worse. I saw quite a bit of backslapping from the people who were outside on their facebook pages. I got the feeling a lot of it was them also looking for attention or for others to say "well done" you saved us again from the nazis. Highly embarrassing stuff.

Ignoring them doesn't make them go away, and I can't think of a precedent where ignoring something did make it go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Um.

Is taxi driver on the list of skills we need.

Ignoring them doesn't make them go away, and I can't think of a precedent where ignoring something did make it go away.

This is simply not true, why only the other day a Fianna Fail representative knocked on my door and I ignored him and he went away:D

This is simply not true, why only the other day a Fianna Fail representative knocked on my door and I ignored him and he went away:D

Sort of proves my point.

I grill them regardless of their party, then tell them to piss off.

• Advertisement

Sort of proves my point.

I grill them regardless of their party, then tell them to piss off.
    You said "I can't think of a precedent where ignoring something did make it go away" And I gave you an example. how does this prove your point? Curious that's all.

You said "I can't think of a precedent where ignoring something did make it go away" And I gave you an example. how does this prove your point? Curious that's all.

So you ignoring a representative of FF is going to make FF go away along with their policies?

So you ignoring a representative of FF is going to make FF go away along with their policies?

Oh no sorry you misunderstood me. He physically left my front door and went "away" to the neighbour. Sorry.

Oh no sorry you misunderstood me. He physically left my front door and went "away" to the neighbour. Sorry.

No I understood you, as I'm sure you understood me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Has Gemma given her conspiracy laden concession speech yet? Or is it a bit early?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Has Gemma given her conspiracy laden concession speech yet? Or is it a bit early?

How do you know she isn't going to get a seat? Have you been stealing the ballot boxes and substituting fake ballot papers? 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How do you know she isn't going to get a seat? Have you been stealing the ballot boxes and substituting fake ballot papers? 😉

We do what we need too.

She'd be the first President-MEP-Taoiseach tomorrow only for us cheaters.

It'll be interesting to see how many lunatics actually vote for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I just assumed Soros was taking care of it as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep. Everyone is to follow the guards at 10pm tonight to the count centres and sleep at the count centres.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Take it back from who??
    Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

alastair wrote: »
    Jesus Christ could that fruit loop not get a slightly better twitter handle?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

alastair wrote: »

Oh god I had no idea who this was and didn't give her 2nd last (Sarah Louise Mulligan obviously), oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Oh god I had no idea who this was and didn't give her 2nd last (Sarah Louise Mulligan obviously), oh well.

I had four on the same ballot that I couldn’t bring myself to give a preference to. But if I had - Dee would definitely be below Ms Mulligan - at least she’s entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Dee's failure was not emulating her South Philly namesake. :pac:

Live from the Fingal Count Centre which is on lockdown with private security refusing to let the public in #GE2020

Her tweet from last night...getting the conspiracy theories in early...this was last night before the polls had closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

gmisk wrote: »
    Live from the Fingal Count Centre which is on lockdown with private security refusing to let the public in #GE2020

Her tweet from last night...getting the conspiracy theories in early...this was last night before the polls had closed!

Is this serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

gmisk wrote: »

Christ Almighty.
    I can imagine her screeching, painful voice warbling about it.

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Christ Almighty.
    I can imagine her screeching, painful voice warbling about it.
    Well it makes a change from her screeching about rashers in a halal butcher!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement