Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I actually don't believe that she is mentally ill because she has managed so far not to get herself arrested. She knows exactly how far she can go without getting in trouble.

And as soon as there is any sign of trouble she's gone like a rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

splinter65 wrote: »
    Gemma is mentally ill. But I know that in the pecking order of victim hood she’s very far down the page and possibly not even on it. So keep on insisting that this level of vitriol is both justified and necessary.

Stop using that as an excuse

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I actually don't believe that she is mentally ill because she has managed so far not to get herself arrested. She knows exactly how far she can go without getting in trouble.

And as soon as there is any sign of trouble she's gone like a rocket.

Don't go Angela.

Oh me handbag, be back in a minute, but don't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭ollkiller

The RTE exit poll showed Health & Housing mattered most with concerns about immigration at 1%. Kinda of around what these far right parties got in the vote. The irony is just delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

oranbhoy67 wrote: »

I believe she is gonna come to harm in some way soon.

in that video it looked like she was walking down the middle of a busy road calling people doing their jobs criminals

Must say I feel the same way after that latest video, it was an uncomfortable watch. Walking down the street ranting and raving that the whole world is against her reminded me strongly of a mate I had years ago with bi polar schizophrenia mixed with alcoholism and who would regularly have psychotic episodes similar to that. Had to rescue him on a good few occasions to prevent him getting arrested but in the end he got arrested multiple times and eventually sectioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

You’re a gold medal winning SJW alastair. Battling away there day and night defending the victims of O’Dohertys harassment. Oh it is twitter and of course anyone being harassed can simply block her and report her but they don’t need to when they have you to fight the good fight.
    Anyone who says you’re just indulging yourself because she’s easy pickings is a liar.

She doesn’t do her damage by harassing anyone on Twitter. She harasses them by incitement of her gullible followers. You can’t block that. That requires a platform ban. If you don’t understand the context, I’d suggest turning down the snark. It’s not a great look.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Don't go Angela.

Oh me handbag, be back in a minute, but don't go.

If she’s anything, she’s a devious narcissist, with a personality disorder. But she’s making her own choices. She’s responsible for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Must say I feel the same way after that latest video, it was an uncomfortable watch. Walking down the street ranting and raving that the whole world is against her reminded me strongly of a mate I had years ago with bi polar schizophrenia mixed with alcoholism and who would regularly have psychotic episodes similar to that. Had to rescue him on a good few occasions to prevent him getting arrested but in the end he got arrested multiple times and eventually sectioned.

This is just it, if she was truly mentally ill she would have been arrested numerous times by now, she makes damn sure she never does enough to get arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gemma is mentally ill. But I know that in the pecking order of victim hood she’s very far down the page and possibly not even on it. So keep on insisting that this level of vitriol is both justified and necessary.

Its almost like you are trying to brush away her extremism, her hatemongering, her racist incitements, her bullying and harassment and almost like you are trying to excuse and defend her.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

You keep saying that you’re done with Gemma but then you can’t resist one more go. I’m sorry about you’re whole family tragic history, and I’m deeply sympathetic with what you’re trying to achieve, but I honestly believe that if you just block her and drop it she’ll eventually burn herself out. The constant back and forth will never end unless you be the much much bigger person and let her at it.

isnt that exactly what I said I vowed to do after Monday?

and for the most part I have stuck to that

• Advertisement

Personally I go back and forth on the mentally unwell thing

she was smart enough not to admit that she was "pro-life" in any interviews when going for president

she was smart enough not to be arrested that night in Kilkenny as mentioned

and for all her free speech talk, and how she will not be silenced, she has been smart enough not to mention her friend Angela got her bail revoked yesterday & is now serving out her sentence & Gemma isnt allowed to speak about it or she will be joining her (Dee too) .. if she was truly mentally ill she wouldnt let such a small thing stop her would she??

Again I do myself struggle to figure her out exactly , I do think shes not well to a degree.
    but I also think shes cunning enough to try & shill for the yankee far-right dollar

and whatever mental illness she might have I dont think it is so severe as to excuse her whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

and for all her free speech talk, and how she will not be silenced, she has been smart enough not to mention her friend Angela got her bail revoked yesterday & is now serving out her sentence & Gemma isnt allowed to speak about it or she will be joining her (Dee too) .. if she was truly mentally ill she wouldnt let such a small thing stop her would she??

Huh?? Seriously?

Huh?? Seriously?

yes, Gemma and Dee were both able to mention her when she was up for election but not outwith that , they were to stay apart too which they didnt .

I cant say too much as it was an in-camera court but Anglea has rightly been returned to do her full sentence and Dee wasnt quite as smart as Gemma and could be in trouble too

Dont feel sorry for Angela though she was not used, they all used each other and naturally all lied through their teeth

So Gemma has been smart enough not to mention something she was totally outraged about only a month ago & got her lawyer ( Kevin Winters) down from Belfast who promptly ditched Angela as soon as the situation became clear of what he was dealing with.

Angela has said she will continue breaking in-camera rules until they are abolished and thats not going to happen soon. ( IE ever)

she is a total drain in the system who had barristers etc on legal aid even though again she repeatedly said she was going to continue breaking rules so why get barristers in at a big cost to the state not to mention all the court cases and the state having to pay to bring up her children etc

ask Dolores Webster or Gemma about Angela on Twitter and you will get an instablock from Gemma and Dolores/Dee wont answer but i think she is struggling with the platform

If there’s one thing for certain, it’s that its always a safe bet to go with stupidity as Dee’s motivation. Definitely not the sharpest tool. Leave the devious to Germa.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Personally I go back and forth on the mentally unwell thing

she was smart enough not to admit that she was "pro-life" in any interviews when going for president

she was smart enough not to be arrested that night in Kilkenny as mentioned

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1228629798907469824?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

She's off dogwhistling the fact an Irish citizen of Indian heritage won the Cavan GAA's 'Win a house' Raffle!
    The tweeter she's retweeting doesn't appear to know either.
    Either they don't know how raffles work or they are racist.
    Which is it, supporters?

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1228631357879988226

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Its almost like you are trying to brush away her extremism, her hatemongering, her racist incitements, her bullying and harassment and almost like you are trying to excuse and defend her.

Who exactly or how many have been actually hurt or damaged or affected in any way by “her extremism, her hatemongering, her racist incitements, her bullying and harassment” ? Where are these people? Have they made statements about how they’ve been victimised by O’Doherty to AGS? If you can point me in the direction of a case involving a complaint about her behaviour that is progressing to court then I will accept that.
    If we are talking about people’s feelings being hurt then I’m simply not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    She's off dogwhistling the fact an Irish citizen of Indian heritage won the Cavan GAA's 'Win a house' Raffle!
    Which is it, supporters?

My biggest surprise in this story is how clever Cavan GAA were!

They rake in €1.1mill and have a €375,000 prize.

Now that's a tidy profit.

NIMAN wrote: »

Bit of a risk but it paid off for them. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I've seen at last one other GAA Assoc do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

This is hardly the first of these raffles youve heard of? Theres been loads of them over the last few years.

Who exactly or how many have been actually hurt or damaged or affected in any way by “her extremism, her hatemongering, her racist incitements, her bullying and harassment” ? Where are these people? Have they made statements about how they’ve been victimised by O’Doherty to AGS? If you can point me in the direction of a case involving a complaint about her behaviour that is progressing to court then I will accept that.
    If we are talking about people’s feelings being hurt then I’m simply not interested.

https://www.thejournal.ie/jimmy-guerin-veronica-guerin-4802950-Sep2019/

https://www.thejournal.ie/grimes-suing-odoherty-4700195-Jun2019/

https://www.thejournal.ie/family-lidl-twitter-racist-abuse-4843874-Oct2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I've seen at last one other GAA Assoc do this.

There's another one, I believe it might be Roscommon but I could be wrong, that is raffling off an apartment in London worth £875,000.

Which is it, supporters?

The tweeter she is retweeting is literally posting white supremacist stuff regularly.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Excuse and deflect away.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The tweeter she is retweeting is literally posting white supremacist stuff regularly.

Seems like an awful see you next Tuesday alright

alastair wrote: »
    Fair enough. You don’t show any articles about wether or not the courts found for any of the litigants but I’ll go and look that up for myself.

Excuse and deflect away.

Whatever you say Joey.

Fair enough. You don’t show any articles about wether or not the courts found for any of the litigants but I’ll go and look that up for myself.

Best to park that notion that her actions don’t have consequences all the same, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is Gemma a furriner or what? Speaking dem funny words? Is de Queen's Inglish not good enuf for her?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement