Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    She is only relevant if you continue to share her c**p and discuss her. She not harmless, but she can be made irrelevant

She ran in local election in Dublin Fingal, but posts videos in Bray/Killiney. Why not run in her own area? does that not tell you anything?

Correct about the she's not harmless bit.

https://www.highlandradio.com/2020/04/12/fire-at-5g-mast-in-letterkenny/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Why would they bother putting 5g in Donegal in the first place? It could be any number of Parties up around that area telling them to burn down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

She's certainly not the only one warning about the dangers of 5G and other wireless radiation sources.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I do doubt a South side Dubliner who runs for government in north Dublin has a large following in Donegal....can’t see the link myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I do doubt a South side Dubliner who runs for government in north Dublin has a large following in Donegal....can’t see the link myself

She has twitter and facebook followers all over the country. She tweets the 5g, vaccine, Soros, immigrants-are-eating-our-babies and chemtrails nonsense, and her followers swallow it hook line and sinker.

And - entirely unconnected, of course - vacant hotels being proposed as DP centres and 5G masts burn down.

• Advertisement

She has twitter and facebook followers all over the country. She tweets the 5g, vaccine, Soros, immigrants-are-eating-our-babies and chemtrails nonsense, and her followers swallow it hook line and sinker.

And - entirely unconnected, of course - vacant hotels being proposed as DP centres and 5G masts burn down.

Bit of a long shot to be honest....I think your giving Gemma more credit than she’s due....

https://www.donegaldaily.com/2019/10/08/letterkenny-residents-told-works-for-huge-mast-was-irish-water-works/

Loads of stuff from SF against 5g rollout, more plausible up in Donegal that SF followers than Gemma...bandits up them parts

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.donegaldaily.com/2019/10/08/letterkenny-residents-told-works-for-huge-mast-was-irish-water-works/

Loads of stuff from SF against 5g rollout, more plausible up in Donegal that SF followers than Gemma...bandits up them parts

i dont remember SF talking about 5G giving people cancer or spreading coronavirus.

i dont remember SF talking about 5G giving people cancer or spreading coronavirus.

How do you know why the mast in Donegal was burned down?

All I said was SF was against the rollout of 5g, SF would have a strong following in Donegal. I’m not saying it has anything to do with SF by the way, just saying it’s a bit ridiculous to think Gemma has either

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/5g-balloon-release-4894338-Nov2019/%3famp=1

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Bit of a long shot to be honest....I think your giving Gemma more credit than she’s due....

But you see if nobody challenges and her other extremist far right Brethren then fires in DP Centres and of SF TDs cars will continue. And eventually someone will die.

I disagree with you. Ignoring Gemma wont make her go away. Gemma has numerous links to organised extreme far right fascism. Its cancerous and must be challenged.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

But you see if nobody challenges and her other extremist far right Brethren then fires in DP Centres and of SF TDs cars will continue. And eventually someone will die.

I disagree with you. Ignoring Gemma wont make her go away. Gemma has numerous links to organised extreme far right fascism. Its cancerous and must be challenged.

F**K all people know about her, reposting her tripe is just making her more relevant.

This is the problem with todays World. People think shouting and roaring on twitter/facebook etc makes a difference and will stop the problem. It doesn't , it just highlights it and spreads it to more people.

If nobody is reposting or discussin her cr*p then how can new people find it? its not like she has a media team like SF who are trolling facebook and other websites everyday of the week, posting into community website etc.

It's her and a couple of loonies, making a few quid out of it and sitting back laughing at people doing her job for her, promoting her.

If I am wrong, then tell me how are you going to stop her? challange her as you say?

Please note running around shouting while recording someone is as big a loonie as she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

She has 45,000 followers, enough to fill the Aviva to 90%capacity. To say nobody knows her isnt accurate unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

She has 45,000 followers, enough to fill the Aviva to 90%capacity. To say nobody knows her isnt accurate unfortunately.

She uses bot accounts and click farm stuff. Been caught out a couple of times.

So if that number is true, that is 0.8% of the population :P:P:P Hardly going to take over the country is she now?

As I said, she is irrelevant unless people make her relevant.

Leo the kitten has over 300k, a small bit more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Id say 60% are those who admired her doc on the Mary Boyle mystery and followed her on twitter as a result.
    More then came across a tweet of hers that appealed to them and automatically clicked follow.
    She might “fill” a small function room in a country hotel.
    The biggest group that “know” GO’D are the likes of the posters on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

It's weird that she's never booked the Aviva for an event though :pac:

Quick google of Gemma meeting....

She had a "fantastic" meeting and picture of it, I think I would be kind to say 50 people attended the meeting.....going to look a bit sparse in the Aviva :-)

I do think this tweet was best from one of her minions: "Fantastic meeting tonight Gemmaand great speeches...we will not be silenced by a deranged mob!"

Sorry this was best

"Unfortunately it’s going to take a very long time to get Ireland ���� back. I witnessed things here in London that really disturbed me and I saw how generous UK was to immigrants that was abused, the police allow them away with everything"

The fact the person did not realize he was an immigrants just shows the stupidity of these people :-)

So ignore, done and dusted,.....50 lads in a room are going to do f**k all and Gemma wont stick around the great unwashed too long if a few quid not in it for her

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

EVLFAi1-VAAAYm-Vp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭jackboy

splinter65 wrote: »
    Id say 60% are those who admired her doc on the Mary Boyle mystery and followed her on twitter as a result.
    More then came across a tweet of hers that appealed to them and automatically clicked follow.
    She might “fill” a small function room in a country hotel.
    The biggest group that “know” GO’D are the likes of the posters on here.

The truth is the vast majority of people follow her on Twitter for entertainment purposes, not because they agree with her. The likes of her and Jim Corr are extremely entertaining. I know some people see her as a genuine threat to the country, but to most she is just a figure of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

splinter65 wrote: »

Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

The Nal wrote: »
    Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

95% of the time, it works every time.

So if that number is true, that is 0.8% of the population :P:P:P Hardly going to take over the country is she now?

Who said anything about her taking over the country? I just saw your post saying hardly anyone knows who she is - 45,000 followers would suggest otherwise.

By comparison, Micheal Martin has 55k.

Who said anything about her taking over the country? I just saw your post saying hardly anyone knows who she is - 45,000 followers would suggest otherwise.

By comparison, Micheal Martin has 55k.

Hardly anyone does know her, 45k in a population of 5 million is very very limited

The way people go on here you would think she is running rally with hundreds of people. The one meeting I found and at a max she had 50 people at it.

Stop spreading her s**t and she will have 20 the next time.

People sharing and getting "horrified" by her is promoting her. Running around like a clown with a phone roaring at her is also playing right into her hands. People need to cop on.

So far with all the posts on this thread about how terrible she is, what exactly have you all done to stop her? or have you actually increased her reach?

45k followers on Twitter is not a miniscule amount no matter if you want to believe so or not. It's barely behind the leader of Fianna Fail who is at 55k and about a third of Mary Lou at 115k.

I'm not saying she is the most prolific person in the country by any stretch, and most just know her as 'that random nutjob' but I've come across far more people that have heard of her than haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

jackboy wrote: »
    The truth is the vast majority of people follow her on Twitter for entertainment purposes, not because they agree with her. The likes of her and Jim Corr are extremely entertaining. I know some people see her as a genuine threat to the country, but to most she is just a figure of fun.

This is why I followed her. For fun. Then, I realised that the fact that I counted towards the large number of followers she had was probably giving her some semblance of being an important voice. I stopped following her a good while back and dip in now and again for a look at what the latest crazy is.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

45k followers on Twitter is not a miniscule amount no matter if you want to believe so or not. It's barely behind the leader of Fianna Fail who is at 55k and about a third of Mary Lou at 115k.

I'm not saying she is the most prolific person in the country by any stretch, and most just know her as 'that random nutjob' but I've come across far more people that have heard of her than haven't.

It’s 0.8% of the population, she got 1600 votes in the last election....

Stop trying to build her into something she isn’t, Twitter is hardly a good sign of her actual followers, that would be votes and the people who went to her meeting, 50 at a max as I mentioned

Going around asking random people is just helping her get her name out to the public, not sure why this is so hard to see, don’t mention her, dont bring her up and she is irrelevant. Someone mentions her and just respond with “ no point wasting time on someone like that”

Boom give it a few months and she will be out doing something else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Presumably one of Gemtrails ancestors

93014782_10157207426973946_8761290700345049088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=3PsjZJHiHg0AX8t2xPM&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a6fac17278c2d2cfc141b6b4916641c4&oe=5EB95D72

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Someone just showed me that Dee Wall one has a paypal link as her Twitter bio. Why would anyone send her money? Some neck on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

How do you know why the mast in Donegal was burned down?

All I said was SF was against the rollout of 5g, SF would have a strong following in Donegal. I’m not saying it has anything to do with SF by the way, just saying it’s a bit ridiculous to think Gemma has either

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/5g-balloon-release-4894338-Nov2019/%3famp=1
    Your own link disproves that.

"A MOTION CALLING on the government to carry out an independent review of 5G rollout across the country has been defeated at the Sinn Féin Ard Fheis."

Sinn Fein defeated some member's motion to call for an independent review of 5g rollout.

That means that SF is not against the rollout of 5G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dublin Airport are having to put out a tweet to discount Gemma's assertions...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement