Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Lets say they won and people started to move aroun again

Could you then sue Gemma and her lot if you got sick???
    If Gemma wins and we as a nation decide to go against the views of the experts from around the rest of the world, that figure she bandies about, the 'less than 1 percent' will just be allowed to die off I guess. For the Irish population that would be roughly 40,000 people. Perhaps she has a list of names.

My fear here is that she may win , not on actual medical points but on some obscure legal technicality. This would just cause confusion to an already uncertain situation.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

OldGoat wrote: »
    If Gemma wins and we as a nation decide to go against the views of the experts from around the rest of the world, that figure she bandies about, the 'less than 1 percent' will just be allowed to die off I guess. For the Irish population that would be roughly 40,000 people. Perhaps she has a list of names.

My fear here is that she may win , not on actual medical points but on some obscure legal technicality. This would just cause confusion to an already uncertain situation.

They will more than likely win the case to have a judicial review, but said review will more than likely show the restrictions are constitutional.

So don't be surprised to see them come out of the high court on Tuesday morning shouting "we won, we won"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

sydthebeat wrote: »
    So don't be surprised to see them come out of the high court on Tuesday morning shouting "we won, we won"
    Kinda hoping they come out with an "Isaac Wunder order". :)
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/gazette/in-depth/one-hit-wunders/

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If he wins, then she is giving dangerous advice and putting lives at risk. I am not legal person but would you not have a case then, from the time the ban is dropped to sue her and her numties for every death in Ireland due to that advice

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

An emergency session of the Dail will be sufficient to correct any such scenario.

Realistically Irish people aren't being kept indoors by the legislation. Our lockdown operated just fine for the couple of days in which no legislation existed for it.

A couple of pub-owning gowls - I'm thinking of the Healy-Raes specifically - would probably open for a few hours if they discover that's possible, but for the most part people will remain compliant.

Besides, if someone were to open their business in spite of the public health advice, they would be sued to high heaven if a staff member became infected.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    An emergency session of the Dail will be sufficient to correct any such scenario.

Realistically Irish people aren't being kept indoors by the legislation. Our lockdown operated just fine for the couple of days in which no legislation existed for it.

A couple of pub-owning gowls - I'm thinking of the Healy-Raes specifically - would probably open for a few hours if they discover that's possible, but for the most part people will remain compliant.

Besides, if someone were to open their business in spite of the public health advice, they would be sued to high heaven if a staff member became infected.

Instead of the business getting sued I would prefer to go after Gemma

Instead of the business getting sued I would prefer to go after Gemma
    You can't sue someone for winning a court case.

One could try and sue for her distributing dangerous advice, but there's not really any law against that unless the person giving the advice is pretending to be an authority.

You can't sue someone for winning a court case.

One could try and sue for her distributing dangerous advice, but there's not really any law against that unless the person giving the advice is pretending to be an authority.

Thats a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

The mad thing is everything with her is a conspiracy ..u just know that if there was no lockdown and governments went ahead with virus with a business as usual policy ..she would be in the courts fighting for a lockdown ...

The mad thing is everything with her is a conspiracy ..u just know that if there was no lockdown and governments went ahead with virus with a business as usual policy ..she would be in the courts fighting for a lockdown ...

As I said already, its just a "look at me, look at me" show....

She tried with the videos and nobody gave a s**t. Then the video of driing up to Garda check point, except they just waved her past. That drove her mental.....

Now this, its simple to keep herself in the news. No other reason. If she is so unhappy about the lockdown, tell her to take 100-200 people from Northside Dublin and have a big party in her southside house :p:p:p:p:p:p lets see the reaction to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Exactly that. It can start off with a "Hmm - I heard something about some doctor and autism..." and off one goes down the rabbit-hole.

Thankfully most people cop on themselves or have friends/family willing to tell them to cop the eff on and they do, but a minority swallow the bull, and once you've swallowed one theory that at least sounds vaguely plausible to the layman ("this guy was published in The Lancet!") and start following people talking about that issue, who also talk about other conspiracy theories...

i read once on the internet that people who believe in ridiculous theories have higher dopamine levels then normal

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If he wins, then she is giving dangerous advice and putting lives at risk. I am not legal person but would you not have a case then, from the time the ban is dropped to sue her and her numties for every death in Ireland due to that advice

That's par for the course with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

i read once on the internet that people who believe in ridiculous theories have higher dopamine levels then normal

Dope being the operative part :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1251835437448155138?s=20

A fortnight ago weren't we the sickest people in Europe though. 5G/4G/3G/2G/TACS cancer!

Shows the support they have that that tweet isn’t ratioed.

Shows the support they have that that tweet isn’t ratioed.
    For the most part, she's been firewalled away from "normal" Twitter.
    Very active accounts with a lot of followers have her blocked, and don't engage at all with any of her stuff. This prevents the craziness from leaking out beyond the army of bots and gobsh1tes who follow her.

If you look at that tweet, for example, it's basically only nutjobs tweeting in support. Everyone else has her on ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

For the most part, she's been firewalled away from "normal" Twitter.
    Very active accounts with a lot of followers have her blocked, and don't engage at all with any of her stuff. This prevents the craziness from leaking out beyond the army of bots and gobsh1tes who follow her.

If you look at that tweet, for example, it's basically only nutjobs tweeting in support. Everyone else has her on ignore.

Well, that, or they asked a question of her at some point in the past, and got blocked. Same result either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Nothing from this wan on the 77 recorded deaths yesterday...

...this though

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1252325927004053504

The number of people who seem to believe in this crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The number of people who seem to believe in this crap...

They should stick a load of them up around her house, just for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Instead of calling for revolution, maybe they should start with evolution (paraphrasing Bill Hicks there)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/supporters-of-john-waters-and-gemma-o-doherty-crowd-into-four-courts-1.4234127
    From about 10.30am, more than 40 supporters went into court number one, where the case was due to be mentioned at 11am, and were seated close together.

More people continued to arrive into the Four Courts complex and by 11am more than 100 people were gathered closely together in the Round Hall of the Four Courts where they were addressed by Ms O’Doherty and Mr Waters who urged people to “take back the country”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Birneybau wrote: »
    Instead of calling for revolution, maybe they should start with evolution (paraphrasing Bill Hicks there)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/supporters-of-john-waters-and-gemma-o-doherty-crowd-into-four-courts-1.4234127
    Gee, that doesn't sound like any hyper astroturfed far right movement going on in another part of the western world at all at all.

Also, are these people not blatantly breaking the law just by being there if it is beyond 2km from their homes, and by intentionally breaking social distancing rules?

• Advertisement

Gee, that doesn't sound like any hyper astroturfed far right movement going on in another part of the western world at all at all.

Also, are these people not blatantly breaking the law just by being there if it is beyond 2km from their homes, and by intentionally breaking social distancing rules?

would the world miss them if, god forbid....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Images of Temple Bar, beaches, mountains etc says that's not true. I go for a walk every night and there's plenty of people paying zero crap to the lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

osarusan wrote: »
    These people who believe in chemtrails and 9-11 conspiracies and all that, you wonder how they get into it...

I can understand fundamentalist religious belief in flat earth as they are born into it for the most part. You rarely hear of somebody who changed their beliefs in favour of a flat earth or young earth - but you do get people who, up until a certain point, were apparently rational people, who then descended into the stupidity of chemtrails and 5G Corona masts and the like.

I wonder how it happens. Mental illness must have a prt to play, but I wonder what else is going on.

iirc Andrea and Sharon Corr were on the Late Late a few years back and were asked about Jim falling down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. Sharon said something along the lines of 'he just needs to get off the internet'. It was sad really because there was an air of helplessness from his two sisters, it was clear that they have tried to set him on the straight and narrow but he rejected it. I felt sorry for them because it felt like they had lost their brother. He's still there but he's just not all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    would the world miss them if, god forbid....

There's a strong argument there about Darwinism alright, but what I would be most con earned about is them spreading it elsewhere to others who have no interest in their nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Muahahaha wrote: »
    iirc Andrea and Sharon Corr were on the Late Late a few years back and were asked about Jim falling down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole. Sharon said something along the lines of 'he just needs to get off the internet'.

Very good chance all of the people there today are social media addicts. Its really standard at this point. All the crazies love it. Far/alt left and far/alt right. It is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

tenor.gif?itemid=16737844

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Jesus, the videos from the four courts are shocking, the gardai should be arresting and detaining every one of them that cannot prove a need to be there that is outside their 2k radius

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

tenor.gif?itemid=16737844

I can hear that gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Nal wrote: »
    Very good chance all of the people there today are social media addicts. Its really standard at this point. All the crazies love it. Far/alt left and far/alt right. It is sad.

What's the alt left if you don't mind?

• Advertisement

What's the alt left if you don't mind?

the really thick part of the left

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement