Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Odhinn wrote: »
    Again, it seems unfair & inconsistent that a group of striking workers were moved on, despite their keeping 2 metres apart, yet this bunch are allowed crowd around.

Natural selection?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ANyone see the videos yet of her stopped by a Garda, she is a real ignorant pig

Shefwedfan wrote: »

It's posted up there ^^^

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yep
    Birneybau wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

It's very odd, unless it's a state conspiracy to allow mass infection among the doolally

The state knows the laws are unconstitutional, despite what the media tell you, everyone arrested so far have been charged with other serious offense, they just happened to get caught at a covid checkpoint

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Long_Wave wrote: »
    The state knows the laws are unconstitutional, despite what the media tell you, everyone arrested so far have been charged with other serious offense, they just happened to get caught at a covid checkpoint

I think I need to WAKE UP, and stop being part of THE SHEEPLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

davedanon wrote: »

I think I need to WAKE UP, and stop being part of THE SHEEPLE.

"The Sheeple"? I bet you are one of these who like using names like "Denny" and "Mehole" while posting ****e

Sorry :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

There as close to the groups of junkies roaming our streets, which are filthy and smell of wee.

Edgware wrote: »
    "The Sheeple"? I bet you are one of these who like using names like "Denny" and "Mehole" while posting ****e

I *think* he was taking the piss.

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    I *think* he was taking the piss.
    Sorry. I get it now. The isolation is getting to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Edgware wrote: »

That's uncanny! My real name is Danny Mehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Two big fines.....don’t put them inn prison

Inn prisons what a novel idea is breakfast available as a package. All joking aside I am starting to feel a bit sad for her. She is clearly unwell and needs help

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Isn't it amazing where you have some of the most well educated and were decent ones then become more dangerous then one without a brain...

These people are thicker then 2 planks....

We need people to stick to this to get past....

If she were out protesting why weren't the ports and airports closed and done early on we would have been much better off.... Then I'd back her.

Inn prisons what a novel idea is breakfast available as a package. All joking aside I am starting to feel a bit sad for her. She is clearly unwell and needs help
    Hasn't she Waters to counsel her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Two big fines.....don’t put them inn prison

On the first one I don't think anything will happen.

On the second, it seems to just be sour grapes. Anyone can be recorded in a public place, there is no expectation of privacy on a public road. And if the sergeant can't brush off that "abuse" from a known loon, she'd wanna be well insulated from real police work and the abuse they constantly get.

On the second, it seems to just be sour grapes. Anyone can be recorded in a public place, there is no expectation of privacy on a public road. And if the sergeant can't brush off that "abuse" from a known loon, she'd wanna be well insulated from real police work and the abuse they constantly get.

It reminds me of the story about Manchester United. They went in 2-0 down at halftime against Spurs. The players were expecting a bollicking from Fergie. He came in to the dressing room, poured himself a cup and then turned to the players. He said "C'mon lads its only Spurs" and went off to have his halftime cuppa. United went out and won 3-2.

The Garda would be better off ignoring Gemma and the other bat****s, putting them in the loony nuisance category, rather than giving her publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

still they could both do with a dose of covid19 to soften their cough

• Advertisement

The issue is she shouldn’t have to listen to that abuse, not from a gob**** like that.....would you expect to go into work and listen to abuse from some idiot who is only out for publicity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭circadian

**** is stressful enough as it is. Don't need the lead lunatic livestreaming you on the Internet screaming about who your masters are and riling up the other headbangers in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

ARTICLE 40
    6.1(ii) The right of the citizens to assemble peaceably and without arms.

Provision may be made by law to prevent or control meetings which are determined in accordance with law to be calculated to cause a breach of the peace or to be a danger or nuisance to the general public and to prevent or control meetings in the vicinity of either House of the Oireachtas.

Regarding their High Court challenge the Constitution seems fairly clear that laws can be made to prevent assembly where there is a danger to the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Feels like she's finally bitten off more than she can chew.

Feels like she's finally bitten off more than she can chew.
    Ooooh Matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It's a bit embarrassing and sad when people from different parts of the World are starting to notice how some people get away with talking like that to the Gardaí in Ireland!? There are numerous examples on YouTube for the World to see.....

https://youtu.be/bOxJqZ65ZG4

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's a bit embarrassing and sad when people from different parts of the World are starting to notice how some people get away with talking like that to the Gardaí in Ireland!? There are numerous examples on YouTube for the World to see.....

https://youtu.be/bOxJqZ65ZG4

it seems like the comments have been taken over by gemmas supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Central Services

In any society there is a balance between civil liberties and law and order.

In ROI there has always been an imbalance away from law and order. A post colonial thing maybe. The Irish public have always been ardently for personal freedoms above excessive state constraints or strong policing. The Irish Judiciary have played an important role in how they have interpret and implement laws in the Courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Regarding their High Court challenge the Constitution seems fairly clear that laws can be made to prevent assembly where there is a danger to the general public.

there's actually exceptions in the case of a pandemic situation enshrined in our law too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

it seems like the comments have been taken over by gemmas supporters.

GODs small band of supporters live mainly through social media it seems.
    They would be mostly living with lots of issues including learning difficulties mental health and addiction problems.
    A lot of them never leave the house at the best of times.
    Modern Ireland has forgotten about them, left them behind, whatever. GOD and Waters appear to be fighting the good fight for them. Standing up to the powers that be who are to blame for all their problems. GOD is going to sort the gubbermint out so she is.
    Then you have the mob up at the 4 courts. They’re just anti immigrant anti Gardai “look after our own first” racists bigots and ultra nationalists who mostly want to attack law and order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement