Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

It's a bit embarrassing and sad when people from different parts of the World are starting to notice how some people get away with talking like that to the Gardaí in Ireland!? There are numerous examples on YouTube for the World to see.....

https://youtu.be/bOxJqZ65ZG4

If you ever read the book about the fight Muhammad Ali had in Croke Park (1972) you'll see a comment in it about how one of the U.S. journalists covering the fight was amazed at the way Irish people abused or ignored the Gardai and the fact that they weren't arrested or given a slap when comparing their experience of Irish American cops.

Different countries different attitudes. Most of us are happy enough that we don't have American style policing and if it changed most complaining would want it reversed.

Look at the comments of some ex pats on here living in Spain at the moment regarding the cops over there and how they are comparing them to fascists, then look at their post history and you'll find comments from prior 2020 on how the Gardai are to soft etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,543 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

EWyNblVXQAEdPjO?format=jpg&name=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

DubInMeath wrote: »
    If you ever read the book about the fight Muhammad Ali had in Croke Park (1972) you'll see a comment in it about how one of the U.S. journalists covering the fight was amazed at the way Irish people abused or ignored the Gardai and the fact that they weren't arrested or given a slap when comparing their experience of Irish American cops.

Different countries different attitudes. Most of us are happy enough that we don't have American style policing and if it changed most complaining would want it reversed.

Look at the comments of some ex pats on here living in Spain at the moment regarding the cops over there and how they are comparing them to fascists, then look at their post history and you'll find comments from prior 2020 on how the Gardai are to soft etc.

To be honest I would give the Garda guns and let them lose on a few areas

Let see how big the little scumbags are then

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    To be honest I would give the Garda guns and let them lose on a few areas

Let see how big the little scumbags are then

Yep because that has really worked out well in other countries hasn't it.

Understand the feeling as a knee jerk one, but it doesn't work, just escalates the situation.

Used to see the similar type of attitude when doing security, usually the big mouth hardmen who disappear as soon as they have caused the situation to escalate leaving others to deal with the mess.

The way to hurt someone is financially, can't explain how you can afford X that's grand talking it away from you and we'll be back next week to check up again, and through proper sentencing, such as life actually meaning life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Im just waiting for somebody to find the documents where this is the RCC paying her and John to get punters back to mass or something. Theres no way this is self financed and I just want to know why, her benefit for her is clearly the publicity, but she could spend a hell of a lot less and get a hell of a lot more so I want to know who's funding this and whats their upside.

Im not usually a fan of conspiracy theories, but her entire income source since the day I saw her get booted out of Talbot street has got to be derived from some source with an interest in this madness.

I don't for one second believe she survives of patreon or youtube ad's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

splinter65 wrote: »
    What’s the point ?

It'd be a handy reminder that she only speaks for a few low hanging fruitcakes and those that pretend not to like her ideas or at least some of them anyway.
    You know people who ask for evidence that she's actually affected some people's lives negatively, leave when provided with evidence of this and then come back a while later asking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    petition here to show that Gemma & John dont speak for the Irish people , gaining a lot of traction

It'll be rigged by the Gestapo Gardai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Im just waiting for somebody to find the documents where this is the RCC paying her and John to get punters back to mass or something. Theres no way this is self financed and I just want to know why, her benefit for her is clearly the publicity, but she could spend a hell of a lot less and get a hell of a lot more so I want to know who's funding this and whats their upside.

Im not usually a fan of conspiracy theories, but her entire income source since the day I saw her get booted out of Talbot street has got to be derived from some source with an interest in this madness.

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe a lot of her funding would come from similar US backers, like the Iona/David Quinn situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Eric you’re waiting for “documents” to show that the RCC is paying GOD “to get people back to mass” ?!?! This has made me laugh out loud. I’ve nearly wet myself. Just for fun, can you explain you’re reasoning (lol) here? I’m interested in how you reached this point...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm not 100% on this, but I believe a lot of her funding would come from similar US backers, like the Iona/David Quinn situation.

Nobody in Ireland supports Iona? Is that what you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Nobody in Ireland supports Iona? Is that what you think??

Literally didn't say that, just that a lot of their funding comes from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Eric you’re waiting for “documents” to show that the RCC is paying GOD “to get people back to mass” ?!?! This has made me laugh out loud. I’ve nearly wet myself. Just for fun, can you explain you’re reasoning (lol) here? I’m interested in how you reached this point...

just genuinely trying to figure out where her funding comes from, somebody will leak something eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe GOD will walk across Waters?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe GOD will walk across Waters?
    Kinky

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

just genuinely trying to figure out where her funding comes from, somebody will leak something eventually.

I'm as curious as you, though I wouldn't assume that she has huge funding. At a guess, she has some kind of pension from her deceased husband's employment and she got a good settlement from her legal case against INM.

She doesn't show obvious signs of throwing huge financial resources at her various campaigns, with the possibile exception of the reports that she moved into an apartment at Grand Canal Docks to be close to the Google protests.

There may not be huge money there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I'm as curious as you, though I wouldn't assume that she has huge funding. At a guess, she has some kind of pension from her deceased husband's employment and she got a good settlement from her legal case against INM.

She doesn't show obvious signs of throwing huge financial resources at her various campaigns, with the possibile exception of the reports that she moved into an apartment at Grand Canal Docks to be close to the Google protests.

There may not be huge money there at all.

Presumably mortgage protection kicked in. Life insurance policy. Possibly savings, and whatever is left from her Indo settlement. No kids, no mortgage, no huge outgoings, and even a trickle coming in from whereever she shows her videos these days is enough to get by on.

• Advertisement

The loonies she has knocking around are sending her money, just look at some of the other ones and they have a paypal link on twitter. Which in reality we are finding as they are all on the social.

Free house when the husband died, no mortgage, etc as already pointed out. Probably is taking the social welfare herself.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

circadian wrote: »
    **** is stressful enough as it is. Don't need the lead lunatic livestreaming you on the Internet screaming about who your masters are and riling up the other headbangers in the process.

Live streaming is perfectly legal in a public place. She was hardly getting dogs abuse either. I haven't seen "Inside the K", but I did see one of the trailers where a Garda was getting a lot more intense, prolonged and aggressive abuse, I don't recall the Garda union making statements on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Did she not get a big payout from some paper? I also believe her hubby died, could he have had a big life insurance policy??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Did she not get a big payout from some paper? I also believe her hubby died, could he have had a big life insurance policy??

Each of those were a good 5 or 6 years back, with how often she is in court etc they would want to have each been monstrously huge payouts for her to be able to carry on as she has ever since without further funding from other sources, which are likely similar sources to those that fund extremists like Rowan Croft, as well as the no campaigns in our two recent referendums, each of which were incredibly defensive about disclosing said sources of funding.

Each of those were a good 5 or 6 years back, with how often she is in court etc they would want to have each been monstrously huge payouts for her to be able to carry on as she has ever since without further funding from other sources, which are likely similar sources to those that fund extremists like Rowan Croft, as well as the no campaigns in our two recent referendums, each of which were incredibly defensive about disclosing said sources of funding.

Does it cost her anything to do this court stuff? is she not representing herself....its not like she is hiring a legal eagle team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Does it cost her anything to do this court stuff? is she not representing herself....its not like she is hiring a legal eagle team

Would she also be self repping in the cases also taken against her? And what about the likes of her bodyguard she brought to google with her, which is another wage to pay again. That's in tip of two election campaigns that had quite a lot of advertising involved, including full splash advert across the entire side of Dublin Bus vehicles.

All this on top of your everyday expenses living in Dublin, hardly the cheapest place in the world, while unemployed. She must have had a some seriously whopper payouts to be able to afford all of this on the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Her solicitors in Belfast that threatened to sue lots of people must be costly though. 6 cases before the High Court from 2019

https://www.irishlegal.com/article/krw-law-launches-defamation-proceedings-on-behalf-of-gemma-o-doherty

O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 7391 P O DOHERTY -V- WALL
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 7045 P O DOHERTY -V- GUERIN
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 6978 P O DOHERTY -V- MAC EINRI
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 6415 P O DOHERTY -V- O NEILL
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 5305 P O DOHERTY -V- GRIMES
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 6725 P O DOHERTY -V- THE VILLAGE T/A ORMOND QUAY PUBLISHING LIMITED & ANOR

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Her solicitors in Belfast that threatened to sue lots of people must be costly though. 6 cases before the High Court from 2019

https://www.irishlegal.com/article/krw-law-launches-defamation-proceedings-on-behalf-of-gemma-o-doherty

O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 7391 P O DOHERTY -V- WALL
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 7045 P O DOHERTY -V- GUERIN
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 6978 P O DOHERTY -V- MAC EINRI
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 6415 P O DOHERTY -V- O NEILL
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 5305 P O DOHERTY -V- GRIMES
    O DOHERTY, GEMMA 2019 6725 P O DOHERTY -V- THE VILLAGE T/A ORMOND QUAY PUBLISHING LIMITED & ANOR

Would those ghouls be operating on a no-foal, no-fee basis perhaps?
    And what about the likes of her bodyguard she brought to google with her, which is another wage to pay again.
    Could possibly have been a 'volunteer for the cause, helping her out, rather than an employee.

But it does raise interesting issues - if she was paying, was she registered as an employer and paying PRSI?

If she is collecting donations from others, is this considered taxable income?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Literally didn't say that, just that a lot of their funding comes from the US.

Unchecked for the longest time, money from outside the state trying to exert influence in election and other democratic votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

she got under half a million euro in both instances

she has 2 homes and also owns and stables a horse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement