Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Drifter50 wrote: »
    There has to be funding here from somewhere

Murica nutjobs

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The absolute worst thing about people like Gemtrails is if you tackle her head on, mention her, or even if you ignore her she's still there festering away. Sean Uiscí (see what I did there) wants to stay relevant no matter what. He's as fluid as his surname but can sure as hell get as murky and distasteful as he can. He's shallow. He knows his relevancy is on borrowed time. Their followers think they're important to them. Deelores Webster/Wall seems like she'd blame everything bad that happened to her on the first non Irish looking person she saw because Gemtrails told her to. Let's not allow Gemtrails and her ilk win. We're better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

dan1895 wrote: »
    The lad pictured outside the four courts waving the Constitution in one hand and a viking shield in the other is an old neighbour of a friend of mine. Hasn't worked in decades and has been on the scratcher most of his life so it's not as if he wants the lockdown lifted so he can get back to work.

Your one walking around with the crutch, I knew anyway before I asked but I seen on twitter she is on the social as well with disability benefit. Of course they have pictures of her walking around with no crutch, even had the ability to get cured to carry posters etc and then had a relapse

Drain on this country is all these wasters are, the social should just pull the plug on all of them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Your one walking around with the crutch, I knew anyway before I asked but I seen on twitter she is on the social as well with disability benefit.

She's a piece of work, but no-one is 'on the social as well as disability benefit' - 'tis one or t'other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 ban4dathanx

She's a piece of work, but no-one is 'on the social as well as disability benefit' - 'tis one or t'other.

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

It would be a big surprise to DEASP, as they give on payment or the other, but not both. It's a fairly basic rule of the welfare system.

Let's not go down the conspiracy theorist road in dealing with conspiracy theorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Charming :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/vmax_14/status/1259224588925501440

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Off her box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Of course we don't hear anything from the many gob****es who were on here recomending that she was President material

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Edgware wrote: »
    Of course we don't hear anything from the many gob****es who were on here recomending that she was President material

Or TD's, Senators and (now) MEPs either who should be dragged for their absolute lack of judgement

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1044919051229835264

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Or TD's, Senators and (now) MEPs either who should be dragged for their absolute lack of judgement

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1044919051229835264
    The usual Scrotes who have their snout well in the trough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Surely that's threatening behaviour!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

https://twitter.com/mrstejames/status/1259454063063764993?s=21

I think the woman needs to be taken away by the men in white coats, but this has to be one of the dumbest posts ever.

Shes a wannabe politician just like Donald Trump was in 2016, which unfortunately happened. How is what she said any different to Trump saying he’d lock up ”Crooked Hilary”

If I ever ran for a seat in the Dail and was vying for a ministerial position like Minister for justice, I’d say the similar things about the likes of Denis O’Brien and Michael Lowry being brought to justice.

Until she actually calls for people to arm themselves, target politicians, Gardai and defence forces, it is safe to assume she means take back control through nonviolent political movement.

Thankfully her and those other right wing IFP/INP nutjobs will never get more than 1%(?) of the national vote. If people actually stop getting offended to her nonsensical raving, she gets much less publicity and becomes even more irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Edgware wrote: »

was there actually anyone on here backing her. I mean I know we've all had our differing views here but to my knowledge (and I hope I'm right) nobody has ever been a defender of let alone promotional fan of Gemma's political campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

What on heavens name was she thinking of when she made that Video with the camera making her look like ET or something. It's terrible this won't end well at all and I once admired her work on the Mary Boyle case among others in the early days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

What on heavens name was she thinking of when she made that Video with the camera making her look like ET or something. It's terrible this won't end well at all and I once admired her work on the Mary Boyle case among others in the early days

Indeed. I used think she was admirably courageous, but as time went on the cracks started to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I would have thought it was someone recording her video from their phone, hence the angle, resolution and audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Penn wrote: »
    I would have thought it was someone recording her video from their phone, hence the angle, resolution and audio.

On the few occasions I've recorded a video on my phone, I've always immediately played it back, and usually gone "That's ****e!", deleted it, and started over, so the sound was somewhat decent and I didn't have a forehead the size of Limerick, rather than immediately. Maybe 2 or 3 times.

I've also never posted crazy-ass waffle like this. I mean, Gemma is supposed to be all about "justice, law and order" and so on - her followers have been protesting Angela Ray's imprisonment for contempt, for example. But she's now talking about imprisoning people without trial herself, and doesn't see the irony.

But no amount of re-takes will fix the content, I guess :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What laws have the "Top Five" broken to warrant going to the 'joy? Also, how long is that list?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

On the few occasions I've recorded a video on my phone, I've always immediately played it back, and usually gone "That's ****e!", deleted it, and started over, so the sound was somewhat decent and I didn't have a forehead the size of Limerick, rather than immediately. Maybe 2 or 3 times.

I've also never posted crazy-ass waffle like this. I mean, Gemma is supposed to be all about "justice, law and order" and so on - her followers have been protesting Angela Ray's imprisonment for contempt, for example. But she's now talking about imprisoning people without trial herself, and doesn't see the irony.

But no amount of re-takes will fix the content, I guess :-)

Sorry, I meant in terms of the angle her head is at etc, her original video probably didn't look like that, but someone recorded her video on their phone (so their video recording the screen her video was playing on) to show that clip of her rather than linking to her actual video or going to the effort of downloading/editing her video to get that clip.

Not that her own videos are of any great standard anyway (in terms of production, cinematography, not being a massive c*nt etc), but just the quality of the video in that tweet is a video of her video, rather than her video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

The state as part of their defense to her legal action should seek the judge have her medically and psychologically assessed for suitability to continue this case.

Mental people should not be allowed to waste the time of the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The state as part of their defense to her legal action should seek the judge have her medically and psychologically assessed for suitability to continue this case.

Mental people should not be allowed to waste the time of the courts.

courts prefer to make decisions based on the merits of the arguments put before it, not based on who is making the argument. this is as it should be. having read the transcript of the last court appearance those merits seem to be lacking

courts prefer to make decisions based on the merits of the arguments put before it, not based on who is making the argument. this is as it should be. having read the transcript of the last court appearance those merits seem to be lacking

There should not be a question over a persons mental capability or competency if they are taking a case against the state, if she is unable to satisfy the requirements of mental competency she should be precluded from addressing the court and only her legal team allowed to do so.

A person defending a crime is often subject to psychiatric assessment to establish their suitability to stand trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭randd1

OldGoat wrote: »
    What laws have the "Top Five" broken to warrant going to the 'joy? Also, how long is that list?
    A real Fr Noel Furlong moment that.

“Mary Ellen Ring, you’re going on my list of enemies”.

If anything, it makes her derangement seem more absurd.

There should not be a question over a persons mental capability or competency if they are taking a case against the state, if she is unable to satisfy the requirements of mental competency she should be precluded from addressing the court and only her legal team allowed to do so.
    so shoud everybody who takes a case against the state be required to prove their mental compentency? be careful what you wish for
    A person defending a crime is often subject to psychiatric assessment to establish their suitability to stand trial.

she isn't on trial. she is the plaintiff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

so shoud everybody who takes a case against the state be required to prove their mental compentency? be careful what you wish for

When it’s obvious, as it is with GOD, that the plaintiff is mentally ill, then the judge should be able to proceed only after a psychiatric report has been received.
    I’d say GOD would happily comply with an order for a psychiatric assessment.

splinter65 wrote: »
    When it’s obvious, as it is with GOD, that the plaintiff is mentally ill, then the judge should be able to proceed only after a psychiatric report has been received.
    I’d say GOD would happily comply with an order for a psychiatric assessment.

I didnt realise there were so many psychiatrists posting here. is Waters also "obviously" mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I didnt realise there were so many psychiatrists posting here. is Waters also "obviously" mad?

He's not mad, just a gob****e.

How did you come up with that nonsense???? most people are not mentally unwell. If someone is suspected of being mentally unwell - and it’s not a big leap to think that she has mental problems going by the nonsense that comes out of her mouth then having her competence assessed by professionals is not unreasonable.

• Advertisement

I didn’t read anybody’s diagnosis here, just conclusions based on her numerous incoherent and off the wall ramblings. I’m fairly sure I advocated for a professional assessment, if it quacks like a duck and it’s sick you let a vet decide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement