Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You get a number to dial when you get your flu vaccine every October- man you are so blind to what’s goin on

I thought everyone got that through 5g smartdust?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I want to hear more from those two lads they speak a lot of truth.

They're actually a band, TPM, have seen them twice and spoken to them. Sound, funny lads. They also have a trad band, the Mary Wallopers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    her and Waters got a drink thrown over them at the beach,
    when the law does nothing some people take things into their own hands

https://twitter.com/FaganPhoebe/status/1265387983659769858?s=20

These people may be wired to the moon but that's still assault in my view. I wouldn't condone that.

Just because they may be completely misguided does not give any scrote extra rights either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

davedanon wrote: »
    There seemed to be about 8 people at Gem's protest; and that included herself and former prog-rock keyboardist lookalike John Waters. They really are utterly insignificant.

I'm still laughing at the comment that John Waters smells like an attic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

These people may be wired to the moon but that's still assault in my view. I wouldn't condone that.

Just because they may be completely misguided does not give any scrote extra rights either.

The beach was closed, they shouldn't have been on it. If they wernt they wouldn't have got wet.

Good job for the large Gardai presence, cause she would have left with worse than water thrown on her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Oh please. Half a glass of water, and most of it missed. The two of them richly deserve milkshaking everywhere they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

SpaceX are launching a space flight today.

She must be at home fantasising about Elon's big rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Oh please. Half a glass of water, and most of it missed. The two of them richly deserve milkshaking everywhere they go.

Scumbag behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Don’t understand how their cars weren’t towed away by Gardai, being outside the 5km

joeysoap wrote: »
    Don’t understand how their cars weren’t towed away by Gardai, being outside the 5km

You can actually travel nobody is going to stop you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭GY_1980

There seemed to be about 8 people at Gem's protest; and that included herself and former prog-rock keyboardist lookalike John Waters. They really are utterly insignificant.

I’d disagree. She has a significant following on Twitter and her account tends to have an amplification effect across social media and traditional media. People shouldn’t underestimate how powerful her voice can be. After all, here we are, yapping away about her.

It’s very similar to Trump in the US. Only 25% of Americans are on Twitter. 8% follow him. Most Americans only log onto Twitter for less than an hour a day. Yet a large percentage of Americans (over 70% if I remember correctly) are aware of his tweets. It’s the amplification affect across social media and the traditional media where the power of his account lies.

On Gemma specifically, I find it very sad that someone who is clearly a well educated, intelligent person and was once a respected journalist can turn out to be such a raving crackpot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,971 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

eeepaulo wrote: »
    SpaceX are launching a space flight today.

She must be at home fantasising about Elon's big rocket.

Ooooh Matron....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Penfailed

GY_1980 wrote: »
    I’d disagree. She has a significant following on Twitter and her account tends to have an amplification effect across social media and traditional media. People shouldn’t underestimate how powerful her voice can be. After all, here we are, yapping away about her.

Lots of people follow her for the craic, not because they believe the stuff she tweets.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Some random reply :D
    These twats have to interview each other because nobody else will.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭GY_1980

Penfailed wrote: »
    Lots of people follow her for the craic, not because they believe the stuff she tweets.

There’s probably some of that alright. She still has a powerful voice though.

If we were going to put together a list of the top 50 most visible Irish people of 2020, we’d have to put her on the list. That’s a powerful platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Bambi wrote: »
    Scumbag behaviour.

yep, and it was milk, not water, much worse. Milk won't just dry out.

The state of those fa****s laughing in the background.

State of those what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Reported

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Folliw her around, question her, film her, shout over her, play music to drown her out , by all means do those things, but really she should not have drinks thrown over her. Thats cruel and can be quite alarming for anyone. There could be anything in it.

Plus it is an actual crime to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GY_1980 wrote: »
    There’s probably some of that alright. She still has a powerful voice though.

If we were going to put together a list of the top 50 most visible Irish people of 2020, we’d have to put her on the list. That’s a powerful platform.
    It's actually spelt risible....

She is a laughing stock and her views hold little sway with real people based in Ireland anyway, just look at her election results.

Please do not mention her voice.....the word harpy springs to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The two of them richly deserve milkshaking everywhere they go.

Milkshaking is the calling card of an absolute wanker tbh.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Milkshaking is the calling card of an absolute wanker tbh.

It's the old Shane meadows "dead mans shoes " theme when the Moral high ground becomes the monster

Anyone who didn't find the sight of Nigel Farage dripping with milkshake absolutely hilarious wants their head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Anyone who didn't find the sight of Nigel Farage dripping with milkshake absolutely hilarious wants their head examined.

SYL (Timmy Robinson) was one of my favourites, seeing that odious little ****s face was priceless.

You mean the local people who live there and told her and John to fu*k off home as they didn't represent them and weren't wanted or welcome.

A list, in no particular order, of people that are eminently milkshake-worthy.

1 Donald Trump
    2 Nigel Farage
    3 'Tommy Robinson'
    4 Boris Johnson
    5 Dominic Cummings
    6 Gemma O'Doherty
    7 John Waters
    8 Katie Hopkins
    9 Ann Coulter
    10 Laura Ingraham
    11 Tucker Carlson
    12 Allison Pearson
    12 Nadine Dorries
    13 Moscow Mitch McConnell
    14 Lyndsey Graham
    15 Gym Jordan

1 Donald Trump
    2 Nigel Farage
    3 'Tommy Robinson'
    4 Boris Johnson
    5 Dominic Cummings
    6 Gemma O'Doherty
    7 John Waters
    8 Katie Hopkins
    9 Ann Coulter
    10 Laura Ingraham
    11 Tucker Carlson
    12 Allison Pearson
    12 Nadine Dorries
    13 Moscow Mitch McConnell
    14 Lyndsey Graham
    15 Gym Jordan

could be risky for katie hopkins as she has part of her skull missing

could be risky for katie hopkins as she has part of her skull missing

Probably part of her brain too. The bit where empathy is located.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Basically anyone who’s ideology you disagree with is a open to be assaulted or whatever. That’s so ironically fascist when you think about.

Debate them, challenge them. Anything else is just getting down in the ditches with them.

Gemma Is an absolute loony toon by the way and needs to ignored more than anything else. When she breaks the law, charged.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Basically anyone who’s ideology you disagree with is a open to be assaulted or whatever. That’s so ironically fascist when you think about.

Debate them, challenge them. Anything else is just getting down in the ditches with them.

Gemma Is an absolute loony toon by the way and needs to ignored more than anything else. When she breaks the law, charged.

'whose'. And it's not fascist, ironically or otherwise. All named are objectively vile excuses for human beings. That's all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement