Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Did someone say Gems was a Dublin City Councillor? Because she certainly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,428 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

davedanon wrote: »
    Did someone say Gems was a Dublin City Councillor? Because she certainly isn't.

i was referring to hazel Chu

i was referring to hazel Chu

Ah, right. I was thinking, because Gemma's prowess at the ballot box is the stuff of comedy legend.

Has anyone been following the Prof. Dolores Cahill thing? Hitherto-respected scientist appears in bat**** youtube video promoting hydroxychloroquine and spouting dangerous nonsense about people having lifelong immunity to Covid, and how the lockdown was completely unnecessary? She's been disavowed by the scientific community, and her credibility is completely shot.

Someone I know knows her, and says she's not unlike Gems, in that she was highly-respected in her profession, with a list of credentials as long as your arm, but she just went off the rails for some reason.

Ah, right. I was thinking, because Gemma's prowess at the ballot box is the stuff of comedy legend.

Gemma couldn't win a raffle never mind an election

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Primetime should not be giving her this platform.

Will all political parties/personalities of her tiny size and popularity be given the same exposure? Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

She'll be loving this up on the primetime slot. RTE really scrapping the bottom of the chemtrails here.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

The best thing to do with the Gemma and John crowd is to put them on tv so everyone can see the level of their intellect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Exactly. RTÉ are actually doing the opposite of what they think they are doing. Gemmas fan base already think RTE is a Government propaganda channel so this will be more ‘proof’ for them. It will also attract many new racists to join in support. The best option is to ignore and let her fade away quietly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

that chinese one that was on, said she was called 'the c word' still don't know if it was a four or a five letter word, was hardly the 6 letter word though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

So edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

well, i was sure it was the four letter word, it was only later i realised i might have been wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

They should do a investigation into where her and Johnny Boy got the cash to put forward a High Court action. For all her and that NP showers Irish "patriot" wolloxology it would be interesting to see where the money comes from, because it ain't from the 25 lads that support them up in here

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

buried wrote: »
    They should do a investigation into where her and Johnny Boy got the cash to put forward a High Court action. For all her and that NP showers Irish "patriot" wolloxology it would be interesting to see where the money comes from, because it ain't from the 25 lads that support them up in here

Costs were only one or two hundred euros for stamping as they were lay litigants. Now if the state pursued them on that costs order the state got.... thats near 100k. Hopefully they go after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Exactly. RTÉ are actually doing the opposite of what they think they are doing. Gemmas fan base already think RTE is a Government propaganda channel so this will be more ‘proof’ for them. It will also attract many new racists to join in support. The best option is to ignore and let her fade away quietly.

Well they didn't do themselves any favors by putting stupid ominous music over the whole segment and taking a massive angle in the commentary.

If you ever watch Euronews or France24 they often cover right wing stories but they take an unbiased, fact based approach. They know that right wing politics can gain traction very fast (as it has in eastern europe).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just watching the RTE +1...Its depressing...Imagine if the rest of the world at that attitude towards us Irish during famine, numerous recessions etc

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Just watching the RTE +1...Its depressing...Imagine if the rest of the world at that attitude towards us Irish during famine, numerous recessions etc

I also think we need to be able to have a genuine discussion about the issues around direct provision centers...

We have a few in Limerick City and there are very few issues...

But i think that putting these centers in small rural communities(oughterard) that are already struggling to provide services isn't the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Has anyone been following the Prof. Dolores Cahill thing? Hitherto-respected scientist appears in bat**** youtube video promoting hydroxychloroquine and spouting dangerous nonsense about people having lifelong immunity to Covid, and how the lockdown was completely unnecessary? She's been disavowed by the scientific community, and her credibility is completely shot.

Someone I know knows her, and says she's not unlike Gems, in that she was highly-respected in her profession, with a list of credentials as long as your arm, but she just went off the rails for some reason.

She ran for the NP in the last election didn't she? Seems like she is using the COVID situation to try and further her political career. Any of the far right people in Ireland that I have read about or interviews with seem unhinged or are grifting. That Identity Ireland lad from Carlow was another spacer,haven't heard much about them lately.

Moghead wrote: »
    She ran for the NP in the last election didn't she? Seems like she is using the COVID situation to try and further her political career. Any of the far right people in Ireland that I have read about or interviews with seem unhinged or are grifting. That Identity Ireland lad from Carlow was another spacer,haven't heard much about them lately.

The folks protesting in Tullamore was a real eye opener in relation to their intellect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Costs were only one or two hundred euros for stamping as they were lay litigants. Now if the state pursued them on that costs order the state got.... thats near 100k. Hopefully they go after them.
    As someone posted out earlier in the thread, she also has (or had, prior to lockdown) about 6 cases in court at the same time, all represented by a legal firm from up north.

And the courts have already ordered she pay all costs for this fiasco, which she will also mysteriously be able to afford when push comes to shove - https://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-john-waters-costs-5114639-Jun2020/

This on top of other things like a bodyguard that seems to follow her around half the time, and that she apparently own 2 homes and some hirsea/stables.

Not bad for someone out of work for 6+ years now, who was never any kind of silly rich to begin with. Almost like she's not been out of work at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

As someone posted out earlier in the thread, she also has (or had, prior to lockdown) about 6 cases in court at the same time, all represented by a legal firm from up north.

And the courts have already ordered she pay all costs for this fiasco, which she will also mysteriously be able to afford when push comes to shove - https://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-john-waters-costs-5114639-Jun2020/

This on top of other things like a bodyguard that seems to follow her around half the time, and that she apparently own 2 homes and some hirsea/stables.

Not bad for someone out of work for 6+ years now, who was never any kind of silly rich to begin with. Almost like she's not been out of work at all...

all the above is true

her lawyer is Kevin Winters a respected humans rights lawyer in the North but she has been bringing him clients for years

she told me in 2016 that she had recieved just under €500K from the indo out of court
    and at roughly the same time her husband left her the same amount
    she said back then she was "comfortable but it wasnt an unlimited amount of cash she had"

I myself was going to take her for defamation as well as Gooogle/ Youtube , Facebook & Twitter for publishing her lies
    I met with a solicitor , barrister and an SC and we agreed on it to take it to the high court, ive never heard a word since from them , very strange they were quite desperate to take her on they thought the tech companies would pay out early to avoid having to share a court room with her

recently I had a solicitor try to revive the defamation case but she has since got back to me and said ( like all others had previously) that even though it was a textbook defamation case & she had zero defense , the feeling in Dublin Law circles is that its pointless taking her on now as by the time the rest are done with her she will have nothing left

I would have been top of the queue to sue her had the original solicitors not mysteriously stopped correspondence .. but TBH im not fussed the money would be great I but I just want to see her pay for her countless lies and hopefully face financial ruin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭joeguevara

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    all the above is true

her lawyer is Kevin Winters a respected humans rights lawyer in the North but she has been bringing him clients for years

she told me in 2016 that she had recieved just under €500K from the indo out of court
    and at roughly the same time her husband left her the same amount
    she said back then she was "comfortable but it wasnt an unlimited amount of cash she had"

I myself was going to take her for defamation as well as Gooogle/ Youtube , Facebook & Twitter for publishing her lies
    I met with a solicitor , barrister and an SC and we agreed on it to take it to the high court, ive never heard a word since from them , very strange they were quite desperate to take her on they thought the tech companies would pay out early to avoid having to share a court room with her

recently I had a solicitor try to revive the defamation case but she has since got back to me and said ( like all others had previously) that even though it was a textbook defamation case & she had zero defense , the feeling in Dublin Law circles is that its pointless taking her on now as by the time the rest are done with her she will have nothing left

I would have been top of the queue to sue her had the original solicitors not mysteriously stopped correspondence .. but TBH im not fussed the money would be great I but I just want to see her pay for her countless lies and hopefully face financial ruin

I wonder would she ever put forward the defence in a defamation case that she is so reprehensible that anything she says or published wouldn’t lower the defamed in the mind or eyes in right thinking people. Be some defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    At the end of the day, Gemma represents the silent majority in this country.

No, she doesn't.

She doesn't represent anyone because she's not elected (nor never will be).

She spouts unsubstantiated lies, rhetoric and hate speech which appeals to the deluded minority. And she is clearly mentally unstable.

She should crawl under a rock with fool sidekick of hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    The folks protesting in Tullamore was a real eye opener in relation to their intellect

They ( RTE) deliberately select oddballs to advance a apprehensive attitude towards immigration, this is designed to make middle Ireland feel they will be lumped in with said weirdos should they consider expressing reservations about immigration, DP etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    They ( RTE) deliberately select oddballs to advance a apprehensive attitude towards immigration, this is designed to make middle Ireland feel they will be lumped in with said weirdos should they consider expressing reservations about immigration, DP etc

That piece is simply reflective of the type of people that give credence to the "great replacement". They are oddballs/windowlickers or simply nasty pieces of work like the woman from the mulhuddart protest.

Have a look at gemma odohertys supporters at any public gathering. You will see the same lack of personal hygiene and a shared tenuous grasp on reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

They (RTÉ) selected several different individuals from a couple of different protests. Maybe there's just an unfeasibly large number of "oddballs" that feel compelled to attend these protests.

What was up with the blurring of the faces, though? If you're joining in a public protest on a public road, surely you lose any expectation of privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

This is true. Question Time on BBC does this. Have the nativists represented by someone scruff and badly-spoken, then have him rebutted by experienced, well-spoken media insiders.

And on the subject of the "silent majority," I'm not sure, but I have it from a political insider that a lot of politicians agree with O'Doherty but are afraid to say so in public because the media would destroy them.

This is true. Question Time on BBC does this. Have the nativists represented by someone scruff and badly-spoken, then have him rebutted by experienced, well-spoken media insiders.

And on the subject of the "silent majority," I'm not sure, but I have it from a political insider that a lot of politicians agree with O'Doherty but are afraid to say so in public because the media would destroy them.

it is very comforting that her far right beliefs are anathema to the public at large. though if politicians do agree with her they should come out and say it publicly so we know who to vote out at the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

but I have it from a political insider that a lot of politicians agree with O'Doherty but are afraid to say so in public because the media would destroy them.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

it is very comforting that her far right beliefs are anathema to the public at large. though if politicians do agree with her they should come out and say it publicly so we know who to vote out at the next election.

I'm of the opinion that the politicians who agree with GO'D should be open about it no matter what. We shouldn't be ruled by media.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement