Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Irishman80 wrote: »
    I've clearly made the point that people have a right to peacefully protest. And that you are coming across as an unhinged extremist with your views.

That's coherent and it's not whataboutery. And I've never said you don't have a right to an opinion - just that you have the opinions of an extremist.

You probably need to put your phone down for a while.

Hardly Extreme. There's justifiable time's to protest, the middle of a pandemic is not one of them expecially when that leads to more death and expecially when they're outright trying to aggrivate the situation and have no coherent argument or are simply incapable of one.

Have you even a real argument to make here? Or are you just trying badly to troll? If not then your the one who should put the phone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Infini wrote: »
    Hardly Extreme. There's justifiable time's to protest, the middle of a pandemic is not one of them expecially when that leads to more death.

Have you even a real argument to make here? Or are you just trying badly to troll? If not then your the one who should put the phone down.

Absolutely agree, my issue is that gemma and her loons are condemned (rightly so) while others (blm) got a pass for some mad reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Hardly Extreme. There's justifiable time's to protest, the middle of a pandemic is not one of them expecially when that leads to more death and expecially when they're outright trying to aggrivate the situation and have no coherent argument or are simply incapable of one.

I made my argument based on your initial post of saying we should ban peaceful protests, wished death on peaceful protesters and stated we should imprison them for protesting? They are extreme views. That's my argument.

Serious question: Should the BLM protests been banned, should we wish death on those in that protest, and should we have imprisoned them?

Were they aggravating the situation? Did those protests lead to more death?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,389 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hopefully they won't have Internet access when they make it to hospital, it ll give us all a break from them

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

The march yesterday had nothing to do with Gemma O'Doherty, in fact it appears she was told she was was not welcome there.

• Advertisement

The march yesterday had nothing to do with Gemma O'Doherty, in fact it appears she was told she was was not welcome there.

Just general fascists and white supremacists so, thanks for clarifying

Just general fascists so, thanks for clarifying

Fascists? truly pathetic take. The march was about the lockdown, facemasks, nursing homes, economic disaster.
    How you could regard that as fascist is beyond me...unless of course you regard anyone who deviates as much as a millimetre from your own position as a fascist. Which seems to be the case.
    Which makes you an out and out extremist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Irishman80 wrote: »
    I made my argument based on your initial post of saying we should ban peaceful protests, wished death on peaceful protesters and stated we should imprison them for protesting? They are extreme views. That's my argument.

Let's drop the hyperbole here, protesting at a time like this is inappropiate at best and shouldnt be happening at all, THIS protest in paticular because of what they advocate should not be allowed during the current circumstances is they deliberately want to make things worse.

Also if you read my comment properly its not that I wished them all dead but that its a pity that theyre not the ones who die from this and not innocent bystanders who these same idiots would infect and kill. Its disgust at those who ignore all warnings not being the only ones to suffer the folly of their own stupidity and instead causing inflicting collateral damage.

You like painting someone as extreme as it suits you to do so to try and write off my argument but you fail to realise that its based on an absolute disgust at WHAT they protest about and how people and families have suffered from this. Not to mention in the most advanced time in history with so much verifiale infirmation around us that people can behave and act so goddamn stupid.

You want an argument pick one with a real cause and concern not one with an agenda based on pig ignorance and malignant stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fascists? truly pathetic take. The march was about the lockdown, facemasks, nursing homes, economic disaster.

The march was a recruitment drive by a handful of far right "activists" under the guise of protesting the lockdown, facemasks, nursing homes, economic disaster.

Its simply a way for them to make more money. All of them looking for donations from their "followers". Why else do they have "donate" links and paypal links in their online bios?

Those poor bewildered people yesterday thinking they were actually protesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

Absolutely agree, my issue is that gemma and her loons are condemned (rightly so) while others (blm) got a pass for some mad reason

Not from me they didn't anyway. I get it why protests spilled onto the streets in America, but there was no need for it in Dublin and Cork. Not in the middle of a pandemic. However at least the BLM protesters were wearing masks for the most part.

• Advertisement

How you could regard that as fascist is beyond me...unless of course you regard anyone who deviates as much as a millimetre from your own position as a fascist. Which seems to be the case.
    Which makes you an out and out extremist.

Because the crowd it attracted were a mix of conspiracy theorists and white supremacists... Look here's Britain First... Also had the National Party and Irish Freedom Party organising it.

https://twitter.com/gemmentedod1/status/1297205527399866369?s=19

Also got the Q-Anon Crowd...

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1297183891057446912?s=19

Because the crowd it attracted were a mix of conspiracy theorists and white supremacists... Look here's Britain First... Also had the National Party and Irish Freedom Party organising it.

https://twitter.com/gemmentedod1/status/1297205527399866369?s=19

Also got the Q-Anon Crowd...

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1297183891057446912?s=19

You forgot that to that poster these ***** are the ones to be listened to.

'White Supremacists' Lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Let's drop the hyperbole here, protesting at a time like this is inappropiate at best and shouldnt be happening at all, THIS protest in paticular because of what they advocate should not be allowed during the current circumstances is they deliberately want to make things worse.

Also if you read my comment properly its not that I wished them all dead but that its a pity that theyre not the ones who die from this and not innocent bystanders who these same idiots would infect and kill. Its disgust at those who ignore all warnings not being the only ones to suffer the folly of their own stupidity and instead causing inflicting collateral damage.

You like painting someone as extreme as it suits you to do so to try and write off my argument but you fail to realise that its based on an absolute disgust at WHAT they protest about and how people and families have suffered from this. Not to mention in the most advanced time in history with so much verifiale infirmation around us that people can behave and act so goddamn stupid.

You want an argument pick one with a real cause and concern not one with an agenda based on pig ignorance and malignant stupidity.

So if you agree with the content of the protest, you will support their right to protest. But if you think the protest is stupid, you will argue they should be banned, dead, and imprisoned.

Answer my questions about the BLM protests and stop waffling like a looney.

The Nal wrote: »
    The march was a recruitment drive by a handful of far right "activists" under the guise of protesting the lockdown, facemasks, nursing homes, economic disaster.

Its simply a way for them to make more money. All of them looking for donations from their "followers". Why else do they have "donate" links and paypal links in their online bios?

The real way to hurt these tools is go for the money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Looked to be way more than 500 at that protest yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

statesaver wrote: »
    Looked to be way more than 500 at that protest yesterday.

Yup, even more idiots than originally reported.

The National Party are white supremacists. The IFP tend to veer heavily in that direction. Britain First are and even killed a politician. The people in attendance are basically the same lot who show up to National Party rallies... Yellow Vests Ireland also helped organise, also far right and have an obsession with immigration...

But Clarence, you agree with those ideals, no?

Or as you would call them the big boys I wish I could be friends with.

The Nal wrote: »

Being far right doesnt equate to facist in itself and over use of the term just waters it down. I wouldnt normally associate protesting alledged police and government oppression and calling for freedom of choice as being naturally right wing though

• Advertisement

The National Party are white supremacists. The IFP tend to veer heavily in that direction. Britain First are and even killed a politician. The people in attendance are basically the same lot who show up to National Party rallies... Yellow Vests Ireland also helped organise, also far right and have an obsession with immigration...

But Clarence, you agree with those ideals, no?

No, I don't agree that having a problem with unrestricted immigration has anything to do with 'white supremacism'
    I don't think you do either tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The hypocrisy of the "my body, my choice" anti-mask wearers are the same group that advocate for anti choice when it comes to women's bodies.

But this crowd would have to share around the meagre few brain cells they have in order to see that

No, I don't agree that having a problem with unrestricted immigration has anything to do with 'white supremacism'

Can you name a country that has "unrestricted immigration"?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It really has come to something when you have fascists and qanon conspiracy theorists holding marches in the middle of a pandemic and Jedward and Sinead O'Connor as the voice of reason.

Can you name a country that has "unrestricted immigration"?

Ireland

Ireland

Would ya stop with that shìte, Ireland does not have unrestricted immigration :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ireland

careful, your ignorance is showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just general fascists and white supremacists so, thanks for clarifying

Lol typical from Mike he has form!
    Great turn out yesterday great turnout well over a 1000, good to see the cops push back the Antifa Lefty scum!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If you're starting viewpoint is "unrestricted immigration" then your opinion is extremely ill informed and you really should do a lot of homework on the issue before you form an opinion....

That is of course unless your starting viewpoint is' black is bad'.... Then it really doesn't matter what the facts are

• Advertisement

I don't think you do either tbh.

Do you think Britain First and the National Party are white supremacists? Barrett regularly made racist remarks directed at Hazel Chu and refused to even recognize her as Irish iirc. He even used give speeches to Nazis... Ireland doesn't have unrestricted immigration...

Lol typical from Mike he has form!
    Great turn out yesterday great turnout well over a 1000, good to see the cops push back the Antifa Lefty scum!

Pretty telling that you can't address a single thing I said...
    Ireland

Nope..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement