Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Auld Dee fairly moved sharpish crutch or no crutch !! Much the same as when Gemma made a mad dash to get her handbag when the shoe was on the other foot down in Kilkenny !!

Like a modern day Thelma and Louise !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

redarmy wrote: »
    Dolores Webster
    @DeeWall77749076
    ·
    10h
    https://facebook.com/100009316294916/posts/2695039990816518/?sfnsn=mo&extid=kdLSa81Zq6oL4Sfh
    TMRO RTE GATHERING OUTSIDE RTE ACTION NEEDED IRELAND 1pm ..... Her Buddy

I'd say Dee would jump out in front of a bus if Gemma told her to. Isn't this the one who was arrested in Kilkenny while Gemma ran away to get her handbag. That was hilarious stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

harr wrote: »
    Just wait now for the protest outside the Garda station with the usual goons in attendance .

Bunch of half wits, thinking they are making a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I'd say Dee would jump out in front of a bus if Gemma told her to. Isn't this the one who was arrested in Kilkenny while Gemma ran away to get her handbag. That was hilarious stuff

I'm not familiar with the handbag incident

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

harr wrote: »
    Just wait now for the protest outside the Garda station with the usual goons in attendance .

They let her out according to Gerry Websters tweet.

https://twitter.com/gerrywebster/status/1299418846269448198

• Advertisement

owlbethere wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the handbag incident

Happened maybe 12 months or so ago. They were protesting in Kilkenny. Guards arrived on scene and went to arrest Dee. Dee started screaming for Gemma to help her. Gemma said "hang on, I have to to back inside for my handbag" as Dee was being loaded into the back of a paddy wagon. Gemma is a coward, has proved it many many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

redarmy wrote: »
    Dolores Webster
    @DeeWall77749076
    ·
    10h
    https://facebook.com/100009316294916/posts/2695039990816518/?sfnsn=mo&extid=kdLSa81Zq6oL4Sfh
    TMRO RTE GATHERING OUTSIDE RTE ACTION NEEDED IRELAND 1pm ..... Her Buddy

What on earth is that protest about? Is it another anti mask protest considering there is a circle with mask crossed out. Starting at rte and marching to wherever.

What is the aim of the protest? Marching from rte to shout about their displeasure on masks. I really don't understand the point of that. Its ridiculous. You would think they would have something better to do with their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Can we deport her to England

Don’t you have to be suspected of a crime before asked to provide details to a Garda? Seems a bit heavy handed.

Nope just the suspicion that you have committed an offence, and no they weren't heavy handed.

Sawduck wrote: »

They wouldn't be long handing her back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The poor Brits have enough of their own ejits to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

Happened maybe 12 months or so ago. They were protesting in Kilkenny. Guards arrived on scene and went to arrest Dee. Dee started screaming for Gemma to help her. Gemma said "hang on, I have to to back inside for my handbag" as Dee was being loaded into the back of a paddy wagon. Gemma is a coward, has proved it many many times.

Are you sure you're not remembering a scene from father Ted?

"Careful now!"

Are you sure you're not remembering a scene from father Ted?

"Careful now!"

Wasn't for off, remember seeing it on somewhere. It was magic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You love to see it!
    Her voice is torture

Wasn't for off, remember seeing it on somewhere. It was magic

Sounds like a classic!

So is she a professional protester then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The way she speaks to other people is absolutely disgusting, it honestly makes my skin crawl. I can’t even listen to her voice on her videos any more cause I get triggered just from the sound of it.

She’s a horrible, nasty, vicious, ignorant woman who doesn’t speak for the people of Ireland and I’m delighted she’s got a bit of comeuppance, even if it’s what she wanted.
    She has the audacity to believe the law doesn’t apply to her but then starts crying about her ‘rights’ any time someone stands up to her.
    She can’t expect to continuously go around speaking to the Gardaí in such an aggressive and hostile manner and get away with it.
    She’s a vile creature.

Fingers crossed there’s some sort of administrative delay and she ends up locked up for the whole weekend, here’s hoping any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

What's the highest honour a Garda can get, the Scot medal?
    Can we parade him around on a double decker bus?
    Can he get the freedom of all the cities?

Sounds like a classic!

So is she a professional protester then?

Look her up. But be prepared

John_Rambo wrote: »
    What's the highest honour a Garda can get, the Scot medal?
    Can we parade him around on a double decker bus?
    Can he get the freedom of all the cities?

He definitely deserves a big bag of cans and a month off work..

SusieBlue wrote: »
    The way she speaks to other people is absolutely disgusting, it honestly makes my skin crawl. I can’t even listen to her voice on her videos any more cause I get triggered just from the sound of it.

She’s a horrible, nasty, vicious, ignorant woman who doesn’t speak for the people of Ireland and I’m delighted she’s got a bit of comeuppance, even if it’s what she wanted.
    She has the audacity to believe the law doesn’t apply to her but then starts crying about her ‘rights’ any time someone stands up to her.
    She can’t expect to continuously go around speaking to the Gardaí in such an aggressive and hostile manner and get away with it.
    She’s a vile creature.

Fingers crossed there’s some sort of administrative delay and she ends up locked up for the whole weekend, here’s hoping any way.

(Looks down at clipboard) So I can mark you down as undecided then? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Don’t you have to be suspected of a crime before asked to provide details to a Garda? Seems a bit heavy handed.

The Garda didn't need to suspect it, she committed the offence right infront of him. Section 6 Public Order. He then demanded her name and address and she failed to provide them.

Sound, 2 charge sheets, bail, done.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,248 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Feck off! We don't want her, have enough loons of our own!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just found this which is old news for most of you I'm sure :D

https://twitter.com/Gemma_ODoherty

it is worrying that it took me a minute to realise that was a spoof

• Registered Users Posts: 8,421 ✭✭✭AllForIt

That bit where she goes '...you'll be viral...'
    Seems she's all for things going viral.

And that bit where she goes '...he's assaulting me...' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Nut job and racist I get but if someone want's to believe in a conspiracy leave them too it! I say that in a general way as I know nothing about this individual and what particular conspiracies they are touting. Calling someone a conspiracy theorist seems a bit of a cop out rather than calling them on bullsh1t with logic and reason, again this is a general view I have and not directed at you or any other poster on this thread!

For example the flat earthers are a bit crazy but they do no harm to anyone else leave them too it if it makes them happy!

Kennedy assassination conspiracy theorists make some compelling arguments that bear scrutiny!

Lumping the two together under the same headline is a cop out and disingenuous!

So when I hear someone call someone else a conspiracy theorist I don't really give them much credence as it doesn't really say anything other than labelling some one possibly unfairly!

End Diatribe!
    Not sure why you found the term conspiracy theorist as degrading since all it means is that the person in question believes in conspiracies which in Gemma's case is absolutely true (why she got fired from the independent). I do agree with you in that some conspiracies might have some substance to them but in general and especially in Gemma's case they are bat sh#t crazy.

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Not sure why you found the term conspiracy theorist as degrading since all it means is that the person in question believes in conspiracies which in Gemma's case is absolutely true (why she got fired from the independent). I do agree with you in that some conspiracies might have some substance to them but in general and especially in Gemma's case they are bat sh#t crazy.

But that's it you see people use the term as a catch all label! Ahh he's a conspiracy theorist = nutjob which in a lot of cases is simply not true! I have heard a lot of conspiracy theories which bear a lot of looking into I have also heard a lot which are just nuts but, when people use that term about someone they make no distinction and often use it as a label to shut someone up rather than arguing their point! It can be equivalent to shouting racist about someone because you can't come up with a cogent and reasoned response and diverts attention away from the point at hand and relies on the shock of calling someone that to shut them up. Basically I think it is insulting to use against someone if you don't back it up with a good argument!

However in relation to the individual in the OP it's probably a safe enough bet, my point above is to them more general usage of the term. I just think it is poor debating on it's own and implies a weak position!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Today is a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The same as politicians hanging up their signs everywhere around election time?

Politicians really don't hang up signs over motorways, election time or not. And if they do, the Gardai or the Council whip them down sharpish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Colour me massively out of touch and too lazy to google her! Can someone give me the idiots version of who this is and what they've been up to?

(Sharpens mob approved pitchfork)

She's an extreme far right hatemonger. She hung banners from a motorway bridge. They were removed. She got abusive told the gardai they were scum if the earth, traitors and paedophile protectors. They asked her name and address. She got arrested because she refused to give her name and address.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement