Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Remember folks.
    Racism isn’t caused by or the fault of racists. It’s caused by other races just being where they don’t belong and walking around not a bother on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Opposition to immigration is not racist

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

What skills and labour shortages do we currently have ?
    Who is opposing these skilled migrants ?
    If theyre so skilled then them getting social housing is a moot point as they won’t need it

Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Remember folks.
    Racism isn’t caused by or the fault of racists. It’s caused by other races just being where they don’t belong and walking around not a bother on them.

What are you on about.
    It was said that they are in detention centres.

I'm saying they are not. They are not locked up.

You love resorting to labels when faced with facts. It's all you have

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What are you on about.
    It was said that they are in detention centres.

I'm saying they are not. They are not locked up.

You love resorting to labels when faced with facts. It's all you have

I wasn’t even responding to your post.

• Advertisement

I wasn’t even responding to your post.

Apologies. My mistake

Apologies. My mistake

As-salamu alaykum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

He'd probably be in a gulag if they ever get their way, they're quite fond of those, along with a lot of the rest of us evil right-wingers (according to them). The WSM are communists, not anarchists.

As-salamu alaykum

Shalom alechem

• Advertisement

Seanachai wrote: »
    He'd probably be in a gulag if they ever get their way, they're quite fond of those, along with a lot of the rest of us evil right-wingers (according to them). The WSM are communists, not anarchists.

Way to miss the rather frightening and obvious racist point.

He was advocating the burning of hostels for immigrants

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Way to miss the rather frightening and obvious racist point.

He was advocating the burning of hostels for immigrants

And he later advocated violent assault on the woman who threw curry and coke at him. But thats absolutely fine cause he isnt a far right neo nazi fascist at all.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

And he later advocated violent assault on the woman who threw curry and coke at him. But thats absolutely fine cause he isnt a far right neo nazi fascist at all.

He didn't advocate burning down a building with people in it though.

That woman did something very foolish imo

Remember folks. Racism isn’t caused by or the fault of racists. It’s caused by other races just being where they don’t belong and walking around not a bother on them.

True. But remember folks, not everything that idiots say is racism, is actually racism. It's a catch-all description to let them show how virtuous they are.
    As-salamu alaykum

Indeed.

Victim blaming I think you'd call that in most other circumstances Joey. But I'm sure you won't in this one and call the victim the aggressor.

Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

True. But remember folks, not everything that idiots say is racism, is actually racism. It's a catch-all description to let them show how virtuous they are.

Indeed.

Victim blaming I think you'd call that in most other circumstances Joey. But I'm sure you won't in this one and call the victim the aggressor.

Well played.

Hilarious. Just hilarious.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Where racists go milkshakes follow :)

His poor ma will have to clean that.

#ThinkOfTheMammys

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Indeed.

Well played.

And not even an attempt to deny the blatant hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

No they aren't. There is a direct provision centre in my county. Drive though it and you'll see them out walking around the town. Not a bother on them

This was in direct response to a protracted sequence of one liners in which the Australian system was being discussed. but chuck a u-turn or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

He didn't advocate burning down a building with people in it though.

That woman did something very foolish imo

+1 , many on the left often defend violent or destructive action against banks or other bodies they find opressive , garda cars etc... , can certainly see why with a government determined to infect rural ireland with these centres that burning out an empty building may seem like all you have left

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

What skills and labour shortages do we currently have ?
    Who is opposing these skilled migrants ?
    If theyre so skilled then them getting social housing is a moot point as they won’t need it

Practically every sector has labour shortages at the moment, many sectors have skills shortages.

Approx 44% of non-EU workers who come to the state are on Critical Skills Employment Permits meaning that we need them far more than they need us. These roles are reserved for nurses, (some) Doctors, IT professionals, certain engineers etc... they are critical to the functioning of the State and society.

• Advertisement

Practically every sector has labour shortages at the moment, many sectors have skills shortages.

Approx 44% of non-EU workers who come to the state are on Critical Skills Employment Permits meaning that we need them far more than they need us. These roles are reserved for nurses, (some) Doctors, IT professionals, certain engineers etc... they are critical to the functioning of the State and society.

Thats great, what about the other 66% ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

110%?

Birneybau wrote: »
    110%?

56% , typo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

We must have a shortage of either Turkish or Kurdish barbers, I pass three on my walk home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭francois

francois wrote: »

The high court......I see a "gofundme" in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,406 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

francois wrote: »

any links to what she said to make Grimes sue her?

Odhinn wrote: »
    The high court......I see a "gofundme" in the not too distant future.

Given the profile of her legal team, a couple might be needed unless their doing it no win no fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Given the profile of her legal team, a couple might be needed unless their doing it no win no fee.

I had an old boss who was taking some guy to court, when my workmate asked him what legal firm he was using, he said, 'An expensive one, a real dirty b**tard!'

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »

True. However if she loses she'd still get hit with the other sides costs, wouldn't she?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement