Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

All of the news reports describe her as 'former' journalist which must infuriate her

Times called her a former journalist and also an anti-immigration campaigner.
    Suppose to describe all the hats she's worn over the past few years would take up the entire article.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/gemma-o-doherty-could-face-further-charges-over-n11-bridge-protest-1.4360432

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This thread will have to close now as anything that’s said may be prejudicial to any court case.

Surely its just discussion of the bridge incident that would be problematic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

This thread will have to close now as anything that’s said may be prejudicial to any court case.

I presume you are taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

unless there are further charges filed that bring the case to the circuit court there is no need to close the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

There are legitimate grievances about mass migration of peoples from extremely different cultures to our small young nation. It should be ok to question this in a democratic society.

Gemma, however is not well mentally and some of her rhetoric would not be out of place in the third reich.

Someone close to her needs to convince her to keep out of the public eye for her own sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

John Doe1 wrote: »
    There are legitimate grievances about mass migration of peoples from extremely different cultures to our small young nation. It should be ok to question this in a democratic society.

Gemma, however is not well mentally and some of her rhetoric would not be out of place in the third reich.

Someone close to her needs to convince her to keep out of the public eye for her own sake.

Do we really have 'mass migration'? And what do you mean by 'extremely different cultures'? Klingons?

And why 'our small young nation'? Are we like some sort of baby chick, nation-wise?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

davedanon wrote: »
    Do we really have 'mass migration'? And what do you mean by 'extremely different cultures'? Klingons?

And why 'our small young nation'? Are we like some sort of baby chick, nation-wise?

You know what is meant - barbarians who think it’s okay to cut their daughter’s hoo ha with a broken bottle for “cultural reasons” - for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Gervais08 wrote: »
    You know what is meant - barbarians who think it’s okay to cut their daughter’s hoo ha with a broken bottle for “cultural reasons” - for one.

I know a woman who, as a child in Ireland, was forced to give birth in a so-called "mother and baby home", without medical intervention. Another inmate had to perform an episiotomy - though it was at least with a scalpel, not a broken blade. She then had her baby taken from her, a couple of months later, even though she hadn't signed any consent to adoption.

It was, indeed, barbaric. So you'd be talking about Catholics, then, I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I know a woman who, as a child in Ireland, was forced to give birth in a so-called "mother and baby home", without medical intervention. Another inmate had to perform an episiotomy - though it was at least with a scalpel, not a broken blade. She then had her baby taken from her, a couple of months later, even though she hadn't signed any consent to adoption.

5.5 for deflection. Knocking half a point off for not nailing the landing.

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »

Well yeah, we have went from a incredibly homogenous culture to now where we have almost 20% of people are non-Irish in about 20/25 years which is very unusual compared to the majority of countries on this planet.

Klingons might actually be able to integrate better than some of the people who are coming in.

Why would you expect someone following the incredibly illiberal anti-women death cult of Islam to fit right into a liberal western democracy?

And there is the whole unemplyment rate among African immigrants to this country..

The Republic of Ireland was created a few decades ago and has a small population, try to keep up pal.

Easy question for you, would you be able to give me an example of where multiculturism has been a success in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Well yeah, we have went from a incredibly homogenous culture to now where we have almost 20% of people are non-Irish in about 20/25 years which is very unusual compared to the majority of countries on this planet.

Klingons might actually be able to integrate better than some of the people who are coming in.

Why would you expect someone following the incredibly illiberal anti-women death cult of Islam to fit right into a liberal western democracy?

Literally the last Muslim group I saw posting to social media was the Muslim Sisters of Eire, with pictures of them prepping food parcels for the homeless. Coming over here, doing our charity work for us, looking after our vulnerable - who do they think they are? :rolleyes:

Literally the last Muslim group I saw posting to social media was the Muslim Sisters of Eire, with pictures of them prepping food parcels for the homeless. Coming over here, doing our charity work for us, looking after our vulnerable - who do they think they are? :rolleyes:

Your one example of Muslim good behavior does not really address the wider issue of multiculturalism and its seeming lack of benefits for the host country other than unimportant things like food.

Can you give me an example of a country in Europe where multiculturalism has been an unparalleled success?

Can you explain why any labour gaps cannot be filled by people from within the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Your one example of Muslim good behavior does not really address the wider issue of multiculturalism and its seeming lack of benefits for the host country other than unimportant things like food.

Can you give me an example of a country in Europe where multiculturalism has been an unparalleled success?

Can you explain why any labour gaps cannot be filled by people from within the EU?

I'd call you a racist, but you would only deny it.

How witty. So, as I was saying...

Does it have to be an "unparalleled success"? how would you even define success anyway?

I won't because I don't care, if they are filling labour gaps they must by definition be contributing to society, who (besides racists) cares where they come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Where does 20% come from. In the 2016 census it was 11.6%
    One of the biggest group of non Irish are British. Not a hugely diverse type of people from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

If there was as many racists as accusations why would they deny it. Why would so many people who have nazi, racist, xenophobe, bigot etc.. screamed at them deny it if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Typical.

Don’t address the points just scream “racist”.

All these threads are the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm going to call bollocks on that anecdote. So another young single mother (presumably poor and uneducated) was supervising the birth, diagnosed the need for an episiotomy, had a scalpel to hand, performed the operation including stitching and disinfecting and both mother and child lived?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

She's not right in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

There's plenty of anti immigration threads, this is about gem gems, stay on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Typical.

When you use language about death cults and barbarians and mass migration its pretty clear you are a racist.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

If there was as many racists as accusations why would they deny it. Why would so many people who have nazi, racist, xenophobe, bigot etc.. screamed at them deny it if they were.

It's a bit like creationism and intelligent design. It's unpopular and controversial views attempting to rebrand under more palatable names.

I imagine the ones that are in denial, are in denial because deep down that know it's wrong?

Typical.

Did I hit a nerve? I'm not the one screaming.

However if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

A racist duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

I genuinely don't think it's fair to label someone who despises Islam or Christianity as a racist. There are plenty of valid reasons to despise both that have nothing to do with race or nationality. To have an issue with somebody because of any physical attribute is about as insane and ridiculous as it gets but any religion as utterly ****ed up as either Islam or Christianity is fair game. Religion has nothing to do with race and that should be patently obvious to anyone unless they are determined not to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

buckwheat wrote: »
    I genuinely don't think it's fair to label someone who despises Islam or Christianity as a racist. There are plenty of valid reasons to despise both that have nothing to do with race or nationality. To have an issue with somebody because of any physical attribute is about as insane and ridiculous as it gets but any religion as utterly ****ed up as either Islam or Christianity is fair game. Religion has nothing to do with race and that should be patently obvious to anyone unless they are determined not to see it.

In fairness referring to the "Death Cult Of Islam" is a teeeeeeeeeensy weeeeeensy bit more than regular despising...

Anyway, we're getting away from the true point here... Gem Gem and her complete lack of a grip on reality

• Advertisement

Let's just dispense with this "ohh, that's not racism though, is it?" nonsense. Intolerance, bigotry, discrimination, racism. They all come from the same place. Hatred based on what people are, rather than what they do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement