Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Promote that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

The former journalist also thinks we pay "road tax" and are entitled to park anywhere.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Can you imagine her somewhere on a state visit had she won the presidential election?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

davedanon wrote: »
    Not strictly speaking on-topic, but I heard Matt Cooper announcing that Mary-Ellen Synon was going to be on his show. Anyone listen in? I can't stomach her. Ireland's Laura Ingraham. Apparently she's a hug Trump fan. Quelle surprise.

I listened to it so you didn't have to. Dreadful. And Cooper is such a pussy. He let her spout nonsense without challenge. I'm all for letting people speak without interrupting them at every turn, but you have to pick them up on some of the nonsense they spout.

"So what are the good things Trump has done since taking office?"

"Oh he's appointed loads of new federal judges who care about the Constitution. And there's nothing strange about appointing a new judge to the Supreme Court in election year.

The Irish media have been misleading people about this. When a judge dies, you appoint a new one immediately. That's the way it's always been done.Trump isn't rushing anything; it's his duty to nominate without delay"

Well yes. But it's the Senate's duty to confirm or reject a Supreme Court nominee. And when a vacancy became available in early 2016 and Obama nominated a judge called Merrick Garland to fill it in MARCH of that year, the Republican controlled Senate just simply said: "No. We don't fill vacancies in the last year of a President's term. Not doing it."

So the fact that they are going to rush in this wan with just a few weeks to go is entirely hypocritical and contrary to what they did four years ago. More than four years ago, actually. Cooper let that one slide.

Such a wimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Two of her oul lads had their massive strawman banners our on the bridge at RTE today. A driver in front beeped and stuck his hand out the window giving them the coffee beans gesture. The two lads waved and gave thumbs up back, so they clearly agreed with the message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Can you imagine her somewhere on a state visit had she won the presidential election?

tenor.gif?itemid=11759535

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Shes on a double yellow line!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Shes on a double yellow line!

Fascist!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Fair play to that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

What a crazy woman.

"you're going viral, you're going viral"

So does she think it's okay to park on double yellow lines??

I wonder if that was a foreign parking officer, would she have claimed "they" were out to get her, and said its because she was white.

She is clearly deranged. Irelands answer to KAREN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Fascist traffic warden tickets innocent motorist.

https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1310978870972121094

My god, what an insufferable c*nt. She's on double yellow lines there. The double yellow lines are there because it must be a dangerous place to park and they are there to keep everyone safe. Maybe there's a sharp bend nearby. I don't know. They are there to keep everyone as safe as possible. No body has a human right to park where ever they want. The cop was not harassing her either. He was doing his job.

Can she not fcuk off. Go to a church and spend some time viewing and admiring some nice architecture and listen to a choir. It might do her some good. Or stay at home and bake a cake. Do something productive with her time instead of prancing around taking her hatred out onto the world around her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

mikeym wrote: »
    Fair play to that man.

How rare to be on the side of a traffic warden

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I listened to it so you didn't have to. Dreadful. And Cooper is such a pussy. He let her spout nonsense without challenge. I'm all for letting people speak without interrupting them at every turn, but you have to pick them up on some of the nonsense they spout.

"So what are the good things Trump has done since taking office?"

"Oh he's appointed loads of new federal judges who care about the Constitution. And there's nothing strange about appointing a new judge to the Supreme Court in election year.

The Irish media have been misleading people about this. When a judge dies, you appoint a new one immediately. That's the way it's always been done.Trump isn't rushing anything; it's his duty to nominate without delay"

Well yes. But it's the Senate's duty to confirm or reject a Supreme Court nominee. And when a vacancy became available in early 2016 and Obama nominated a judge called Merrick Garland to fill it in MARCH of that year, the Republican controlled Senate just simply said: "No. We don't fill vacancies in the last year of a President's term. Not doing it."

So the fact that they are going to rush in this wan with just a few weeks to go is entirely hypocritical and contrary to what they did four years ago. More than four years ago, actually. Cooper let that one slide.

Such a wimp.

Do you tune into TLW much? It’s a pretty good programme and MC can never be accused of being impartial when it comes to Trump. He regularly berates Cal Thomas about Trump. The benefit of having Mary Ellen Synon was to provide balance and perspective. To articulate the Trump supporter’s opinion and why he has so many supporters. I don’t agree with it, but I found her view very informative as to why Trump has such strong support and why he might win the next election.

The Supreme Court in the US is crucial to voters, for many it is the most important issue, particularly in the way it relates to gun control and Roe v Wade. So she made a very valid point, having control of the Senate and the opportunity to elect a conservative Judge is too good an opportunity to miss, if the roles were reversed, there is no doubt the Dems would do the same, MC knows this, Americans know this.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Do you tune into TLW much? It’s a pretty good programme and MC can never be accused of being impartial when it comes to Trump. He regularly berates Cal Thomas about Trump. The benefit of having Mary Ellen Synon was to provide balance and perspective. To articulate the Trump supporter’s opinion and why he has so many supporters. I don’t agree with it, but I found her view very informative as to why Trump has such strong support and why he might win the next election.

She's a representative of his supporters all right but those with a few quid, as for the rest, they tend to be arseholes, conspiracy theory believers etc. Same as gems really.

Have to laugh every time I hear Cal Thomas; He wasn't a fan of Trumps before he was elected going by what he said on TLW, and has since then defended everything that Trump has said and done along with coming close to being the posterboy of whataboutry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

So she made a very valid point, having control of the Senate and the opportunity to elect a conservative Judge is too good an opportunity to miss, if the roles were reversed, there is no doubt the Dems would do the same, MC knows this, Americans know this.

Except that in 2016, a SCJ died in January, Obama nominated a replacement in March, and the Republicans blocked the nomination because "You don't nominate a SC judge in an election year", and they held that position through until the election. Hypocritical ****s, and Cooper let Synon away with it.

Except that in 2016, a SCJ died in January, Obama nominated a replacement in March, and the Republicans blocked the nomination because "You don't nominate a SC judge in an election year", and they held that position through until the election. Hypocritical ****s, and Cooper let Synon away with it.

Yes, but the Dems did not control the Senate at the time, if they did, Antonin Scalia’s replacement would have been elected to the SC no matter what McConnell said at the time. Cooper knows this.

Thomas is on the LW to provide balance to Marian McKeown, not much point having two contributors with the same opinion. Off mic he may have a different opinion. TLW also has Nick Ferrari on, he often rips Boris for his handling of Brexit, yet he admits he voted for Brexit. Personally, I appreciate balanced opinion and reporting.

Gemma is a strange person, but to equate her to Trump supporters is misinformed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Gemma is a strange person, but to equate her to Trump supporters is misinformed.

Do you really believe that? Have you not seen Trump fans every bit as deranged as O'Doherty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

The bint reckons that man doing his job is "out of control". Looks like he had plenty of control there. If it were me, I'd have made sure that camera phone ended up in the sea!

I might have been tempted to stick it "where the moon don't shine" :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

But she is a Trump supporter.

davedanon wrote: »
    Do you really believe that? Have you not seen Trump fans every bit as deranged as O'Doherty?

It is simplistic to think that.

Many business owners think his policies are good. It is worth baring in mind, the guy got elected and there is a distinct possibility that he may repeat that, to say 60 million people are as deranged as Gemma is quite a statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just saw the video on Twitter of Dee Wall talking about the Garda that arrested Gemma. Dee is such a horrible vindictive yoke.
    Poor Garda, I’d say he’s sorry he’s got involved with the lot.

TLW also has Nick Ferrari on, he often rips Boris for his handling of Brexit, yet he admits he voted for Brexi.

There are very many people in this position.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Why do you assume I support those people? Do yourself a favour and read some Sam Harris or Majid Nawaaz on the topic.

Yeah and I would not want a mass migration of people who espoused such beliefs. We are a modern liberal country now who arent bound by superstition anymore. Why would we want to go back to the dark days?

23% of British Muslims, it is much higher in the Islamic world where the migrants would be coming from to our country.

So you would be happy to invite a group of people into our country where every 2nd or 3rd person would want to destroy our constitution and implement such rules as death by stoning for being gay?

Can you tell me more about where Muslims are campaigning to destroy the Irish constitutiin and stone LGBT+ people in Ireland. Or are you just making all this nonsense up?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

John Doe1 wrote: »
    What a baseless and facetious statment.

Firstly, the Catholic church (as you well know) hasnt been close to levers of power in this country in about 40 years.

Also, Sharia law is more barbaric than anythhing the Catholic Church has done since with the Spanish inquisition. I dont remember Cardinal Brady ordering the beaheading of adulterers for instance...

40 years? Nah we had their laws on divorce, abortion, gay male sex on the statute books a lot less than 40 years; the last magdalene laundries closed in the last 1990s, they still control most of our primary education system.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

40 years? Nah we had their laws on divorce, abortion, gay male sex on the statute books a lot less than 40 years; the last magdalene laundries closed in the last 1990s, they still control most of our primary education system.

the same type of laws were on the books of many non catholic countries so whats your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

paw patrol wrote: »
    the same type of laws were on the books of many non catholic countries so whats your point?

the point is we had those laws long after other countries discarded them because of the influence of the catholic church

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

the point is we had those laws long after other countries discarded them because of the influence of the catholic church

there was an appetite to retain some of them - i personally voted against the 8th.

What do you mean "LONG BEFORE" ? like 2 years or 10 years or 50years.
    cos when we consider that Ireland decriminalized gay sex in 1993

Russia was 1993 and Germany was 1994 - doesn't seem a million years from irelands 1993. Both European and both non-catholic.
    France was 1982 , Spain 1978 - in legal terms a decade is v small.

Seems (according to Guardian) there are 72 countries where it's not permitted at all- europe seems to be a forerunner of this. Ireland sits in there - neither best nor worst according to this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Europe

I know it's cool for certain posters on boards to hate ireland for its' alleged backward nature but the reality is we aren't too different than elsewhere.

paw patrol wrote: »
    there was an appetite to retain some of them - i personally voted against the 8th.

To voted against it? Does that mean you voted to repeal it or retain it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

What a crazy woman.

"you're going viral, you're going viral"

So does she think it's okay to park on double yellow lines??

I wonder if that was a foreign parking officer, would she have claimed "they" were out to get her, and said its because she was white.

She is clearly deranged. Irelands answer to KAREN

The neverending misadventures of Karen O'Cúntrag.

Seriously the sooner they section her the better she's a bloody sad excuse for a human being these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement