Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

davedanon wrote: »
    I know we're not supposed to mention the 't' word, but really, this is textbook. *****ing 101.

Yeah, no way anyone donated 900 euro to this lunatic. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

We could all chip in for a straitjacket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Nexytus wrote: »
    We could all chip in for a straitjacket?

For Gems or her 'donor'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'm well aware unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

If you actually feel that way, it's a bit sad and I'm sorry your life is so empty.
    But the lads here get a great laugh out of what appears to be a woman with mental issues, that doesn't tickle your moral compass and I think that's sad, for you and for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

But the lads here get a great laugh out of what appears to be a woman with mental issues, that doesn't tickle your moral compass and I think that's sad, for you and for them.

Whilst it is unfortunate that she may well have mental issues (I'm being diplomatic here!), she does involve herself at political level and in the recent high court nonsense, she cost the state a large sum of money over a futile exercise.
    She also influences the behaviour of others who look on her as some kind of leader and political champion.
    She also interferes with people who are simply trying to do their jobs (e.g the recent videos involving gardai and a traffic warden)
    So IMO she is opening herself up to criticism.
    If she were to seek medical help, then yes, I'd happily forget about her for the rest of my life.

I don't think she has mental health issues, I think she's just a c*nt that attracts similar types and those with mental health issues who are duped by her line of bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dav010 wrote: »
    That is your opinion.

And yes, having balanced reporting is important, you may not agree with her point of view, but for us to understand why Trump is so popular and indeed why he has a chance of being re-elected, we need to hear the reasons why people like what he does.

To be honest, it’s a bit ignorant to try and censor someone just because you don’t agree with them. I don’t agree with what Trump says, but I understand why a significant proportion of Americans vote for him, and MES articulated those reasons..

Censor? :rolleyes:

I said not allow it to go unchallenged; someone - anyone - coming out with outrageous crap on air should be challenged on it, no matter where they are on the political or any other spectrum.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Censor? :rolleyes:

I said not allow it to go unchallenged; someone - anyone - coming out with outrageous crap on air should be challenged on it, no matter where they are on the political or any other spectrum.

In your opinion, what “outrageous crap” did she come out with?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

One of her more interesting statements is that "Cycling is part of the UN globalist conspiracy". Unfortunately she left that nugget floating in the breeze and never fleshed out that theory any further, at least not that I'm aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

humberklog wrote: »
    One of her more interesting statements is that "Cycling is part of the UN globalist conspiracy". Unfortunately she left that nugget floating in the breeze and never fleshed out that theory any further, at least not that I'm aware of.

Maybe she's planning on becoming a Dublin taxi driver. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Has she said anything yet about Donald & Melania Trump having Covid-19?

Has she said anything yet about Donald & Melania Trump having Covid-19?

It's all just an excuse to allow them go back to their home planet and new lizard people come down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

In your opinion, what “outrageous crap” did she come out with?

for $200 .....What are Chemtrails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭BnB

... For $300....Who made up the IRA....

BnB wrote: »
    ... For $300....Who made up the IRA....

Hotblack Desiato was posting about Mary Ellen Synon’s interview with Matt Cooper on The Last Word rather than Gemma, the inference being Donald Trump’s supporters are just as mad as our Gems. He/she said the reasons MES (a US reporter living in Ireland) gave about why she supports Trump and why she thinks he will be re-elected is “outrageous crap” and should have been challenged, but it wasn’t, she articulated the reasons why Americans voted/will vote for DT and this should not be compared to the crap Gemma spouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭TheBMG

The work that she does traveling around the country isn't free & I love how she winds up the left, seeing the left get all wond up about Dee and Gemma is the best comedy ever.

Giving away your dole money to own the libs. Huzzah!

You think that is the same as,
    The work that she does traveling around the country isn't free & I love how she winds up the left, seeing the left get all wond up about Dee and Gemma is the best comedy ever.

Explain how you can compare the treatment of the figurehead of a right wing xenophobic, racist, homophobic conspiracy group with someone who takes enjoyment from going out of their way to wind some people up, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

ISIS training camps in the Wicklow mountains

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Explain how you can compare the treatment of the figurehead of a right wing xenophobic, racist, homophobic conspiracy group with someone who takes enjoyment from going out of their way to wind some people up, please?

She's just a tool to them. She gives them the little chemical rush in their brains they prize so highly when she gets outraged reactions from anyone not on the far right. She's a woman so they can pretend to care about misogyny when they try to shut down criticism of her.

Once she outlives their usefulness, she'll be discarded and forgotten about. Or perhaps if someone they can better live vicariously through turns up. If she needed a thousand euro for a medical bill tomorrow, you can bet that few, if any of her followers would deign to put their hands in their pockets.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Hotblack Desiato was posting about Mary Ellen Synon’s interview with Matt Cooper on The Last Word rather than Gemma, the inference being Donald Trump’s supporters are just as mad as our Gems. He/she said the reasons MES (a US reporter living in Ireland) gave about why she supports Trump and why she thinks he will be re-elected is “outrageous crap” and should have been challenged, but it wasn’t, she articulated the reasons why Americans voted/will vote for DT and this should not be compared to the crap Gemma spouts.

There is a world of difference between explaining why almost half the American electorate who voted in 2016 voted for and support Trump, on the one hand, and spouting unadulterated hero-worshipping ****e like "he's as brave as that student who stood in front of a tank in Tianemen Square!", on the other.

There is a world of difference between explaining why almost half the American electorate who voted in 2016 voted for and support Trump, on the one hand, and spouting unadulterated hero-worshipping ****e like "he's as brave as that student who stood in front of a tank in Tianemen Square!", on the other.

Ya there was a bit of hyperbole there, but she was using an analogy to illustrate the point about Trump standing up to the Chinese threat to intellectual property and industry in the US. Whether you accept that or not, American tech companies and manufacturers like Trump for what he has done, he is the first President to do that, and as she said, instead of holding a plastic bag, he is holding a bazooka, which I can only assume she equates with sanctions and trade tariffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Ya there was a bit of hyperbole there, but she was using an analogy to illustrate the point about Trump standing up to the Chinese threat to intellectual property and industry in the US. Whether you accept that or not, American tech companies and manufacturers like Trump for what he has done, he is the first President to do that.

No, actually, I think American tech companies are absolutely fine with being able to use Chinese factories to manufacture goods extremely cheaply and absolutely do not want access to Chinese markets pulled from under them by Trump's posturing.

No, actually, I think American tech companies are absolutely fine with being able to use Chinese factories to manufacture goods extremely cheaply and absolutely do not want access to Chinese markets pulled from under them by Trump's posturing.

Your argument also plays nicely with Trump supporters, he tells them he wants those manufacturing jobs moved back to the US, if that is a consequence of his stance on China, he wins again. His supporters also like what they hear when he says that Apple, Google etc should pay tax in the US instead of Ireland and that Amazon should be broken up. American tech might be fine with using China for cheap manufacturing, but to say they are fine with intellectual theft and counterfeiting is nonsense.

It is only by listening to people that you get to grips with why ordinary Americans like him and why they vote for him. You and I might despise the man, but only a moron would think that his policies are without merit and that his supporters should be silenced, just because we don’t like the man. And again, just to bring this back on point, his supporters are not like Gemma, just because they vote Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Your argument also plays nicely with Trump supporters, he tells them he wants those manufacturing jobs moved back to the US, if that is a consequence of his stance on China, he wins again. His supporters also like what they hear when he says that Apple, Google etc should pay tax in the US instead of Ireland and that Amazon should be broken up.

It is only by listening to people that you get to grips with why ordinary Americans like him and why they vote for him. You and I might despise the man, but only a moron would think that his policies are without merit and that his supporters should be silenced, just because we don’t like the man.

I am sure Americans will love it when the price of their iPhone / Washing Machine / Insert everything manufactured and/or assembled in China here, doubles in price overnight......

A fair bunch of his supporters are too stupid to know what's best for them. they would be the greatest beneficiaries of Medicare for All, Social Welfare etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Do you still have to order the chicken nuggets when you go to the Dalkey Freemason Luciferian pub she mentioned?

I think she said Dalkey is a freemason luciferian HUB

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

it must be connected to her. where is it getting the videos from?

I assumed its a satire account taking videos from Bitchute or Patreon or Parler or her website.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

owlbethere wrote: »
    �� https://t.co/cbVk9S1OKM https://twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1309198793741664260?s=20

I had a look at the twitter account linked to above.

Gods, she's a dangerous b1tch. Saying NHPETs only aim or goal is to control the nation under a dictatorship. Spreading false information and no doubt there will be gullible people to lap it all up. NHPET is trying to control the spread of the virus that was identified earlier this year as a novel coronavirus. They are trying to keep us as safe as possible until a vaccine hopefully comes through. She's a bad b1tch. It would be no harm if we did live under a dictatorship. Tramps like her wouldn't be allowed to roam free.

She still trys to claim shes pro free speech

Terry Pratchet

Inquitus wrote: »
    A fair bunch of his supporters are too stupid to know what's best for them

Ironically this is one of the points Mary Ellen Synon made in her interview, ordinary Americans were tired of establishment know-all’s tell them that they were too stupid to know what was good for them. They felt they were no longer being listened to, and Trump tapped into that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ironically this is one of the points Mary Ellen Synon made in her interview, ordinary Americans were tired of establishment know-all’s tell them that they were too stupid to know what was good for them. They felt they were no longer being listened to, and Trump tapped into that.

Poor people in Middle America have voted against their best interests for decades, Trump just swung some of the Democrat voting Union Class.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement