Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

Odhinn wrote: »
    True. However if she loses she'd still get hit with the other sides costs, wouldn't she?

Think they would have to apply for that and it would be ruled on by the court.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Think they would have to apply for that and it would be ruled on by the court.

True, but it is a risk. Considering these highcourt actions are usually north of 100,000...........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Odhinn wrote: »
    True, but it is a risk. Considering these highcourt actions are usually north of 100,000...........

Money won't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Thats great, what about the other 66% ?

Ireland operates a managed employment permit scheme. In areas that we do not have shortages such as waiters, admin staff, cleaners etc... then we are not allowed to bring non-EU staff in to do these roles. More info here - https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workplace-and-Skills/Employment-Permits/Employment-Permit-Eligibility/Ineligible-Categories-of-Employment/

The other 56% are only allowed to work in certain areas where it has been proven that we don’t have people to do these jobs. The most popular permit here is the General Permit which again about 44% have. The biggest cohort of recipients of these permits are probably doctors. Strange that they don’t have Critical Skills permits but for some reason the HSE don’t look for them apparently.

The other 12% would mostly be made up of Intra-Company transfers (often VERY highly paid individuals), PHD students, sports players/coaches etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Money won't be a problem

How do we know that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,406 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Money won't be a problem
    How do we know that?

more to the point how does Blueshoe know that?

more to the point how does Blueshoe know that?

Never you mind sir

The money is there ok

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Never you mind sir

The money is there ok

I'd say herself and torino are getting plenty of money from the US.

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    I'd say herself and torino are getting plenty of money from the US.

From what I understand there is a considerable cash pile there. Money is no problem whatsoever.

From what I understand there is a considerable cash pile there. Money is no problem whatsoever.

you seem to have intimate knowledge. Friend of Gemmas are you?

• Advertisement

I am involved in sourcing financial backing from the Us East coast area. Between you and me I have Donald Jr's phone number in one of my phones

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Or just someone pretending to have "insider" information more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Brilliant. Hopefully more people like David Grimes will sue her then.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,978 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I am involved in sourcing financial backing from the Us East coast area. Between you and me I have Donald Jr's phone number in one of my phones

:pac:

Brilliant. Hopefully more people like David Grimes will sue her then.

There is enough to drag it through the courts for years and bankrupt him.

He will drop the case. Mark my words

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Somebody needs to tell him that high-horses are usually donkeys on stilts, he's such a prat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Yeah okay.........................................:rolleyes:

maybe this forum?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Seanachai wrote: »
    Somebody needs to tell him that high-horses are usually donkeys on stilts, he's such a prat.

As opposed to Gemma? :D:pac:

Or are you another gobsh ite Gemmaroid that takes her seriously too? :pac:

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

As opposed to Gemma? :D:pac:

Or are you another gobsh ite Gemmaroid that takes her seriously too? :pac:

I don't idolise people, I agree with some of what she says. I don't like this new wave of 'settled-science' that Grimes seems to be a champion for, he's even gas-lighting people that don't conform to it coming out with a book saying that they have a 'deficit in critical thinking'. I'm sure there are scientists out there of a much higher calibre shaking their heads at the sheer neck of this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I don't idolise people, I agree with some of what she says. I don't like this new wave of 'settled-science' that Grimes seems to be a champion for, he's even gas-lighting people that don't conform to it coming out with a book saying that they have a 'deficit in critical thinking'. I'm sure there are scientists out there of a much higher calibre shaking their heads at the sheer neck of this guy.

She pushes nonsense in relation to science though. Chemtrails, vaccines etc all stem from conspiratorial stuff. There's no reasonable basis.

If there is anybody that the phrase a 'deficit in critical thinking' applies to it is gemma. Have you seen the stuff she tweets?

Gemma just wants to create a brand and revenue through YouTube clicks.
    A yellow pack Katie Hopkins knock off.

Is anyone in any doubt about that?

Thankfully or sadly for her, that won’t gain any traction here outside a minuscule few nutbags who live on the internet and don’t actually live on the real world. More pity to them than laughing at them. It just wont wash here.

We don’t have the toxic racist agenda driven tabloid culture the uk does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Thankfully or sadly for her, that won’t gain any traction here outside a minuscule few nutbags who live on the internet and don’t actually live on the real world. More pity to them than laughing at them. It just wont wash here.

We don’t have the toxic racist agenda driven tabloid culture the uk does.

she is gaining traction though, her Youtube channel was blocked in January, she started a new one and has since gained 26k subscribers and almost 2 and a half million views.
    She's on course for maybe 40k subscribers by the end of the year (although at least half of them I would imagine are not from Ireland)

she is gaining traction though, her Youtube channel was blocked in January, she started a new one and has since gained 26k subscribers and almost 2 and a half million views.
    She's on course for maybe 40k subscribers by the end of the year (although at least half of them I would imagine are not from Ireland)

and the rest only watching out of morbid curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

You might have a point if Youtube didn't de-monetize everything even vaguely controversial or political.

It'd be much easier to create a youtube brand doing make-up videos or talking about shoes.

Kimsang wrote: »
    You might have a point if Youtube didn't de-monetize everything even vaguely controversial or political.

It'd be much easier to create a youtube brand doing make-up videos or talking about shoes.

Direct YT income is not the only benefit from building a YT brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Direct YT income is not the only benefit from building a YT brand.

Yeah i'm sure she's just waiting to sign a lucrative sponsorship deal.

What is the end game that brings in the big bucks?

Kimsang wrote: »
    Yeah i'm sure she's just waiting to sign a lucrative sponsorship deal.

What is the end game that brings in the big bucks?

All the blacks and muzzles get sent home and she rules ireland on a throne of the skulls of her enemies, I’d imagine.
    She’s close down Irish airspace to international flights overhead, close all Irish airports to ban anyone travelling in order to protect her doctrine andwe would all have monotors in our homes making sure we watch her daily transmissions into our homes. All other tv services would be banned.
    We would only have the GOD channel and woe betide us if we challenge her. Or think for ourselves.

She’s probably ban foreign food too.
    **** the stupid nonsense argument about halal

She’s go after cumin and tumeric. Just cos it’s foreign and doesn’t grow here naturally.

Cos she’s a fvkin idiot and anyone taking her seriously is an even bigger one.

• Advertisement

She was posting about the new little mermaid movie. The mermaid has been cast as a black person.

Danish fairytale. Written in 1836.

The Iconoclast. One of my favourite YouTube channels

https://youtu.be/gzIuqi8tkH4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement