Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Dav010 wrote: »
    Your argument also plays nicely with Trump supporters, he tells them he wants those manufacturing jobs moved back to the US, if that is a consequence of his stance on China, he wins again. His supporters also like what they hear when he says that Apple, Google etc should pay tax in the US instead of Ireland and that Amazon should be broken up. American tech might be fine with using China for cheap manufacturing, but to say they are fine with intellectual theft and counterfeiting is nonsense.

It is only by listening to people that you get to grips with why ordinary Americans like him and why they vote for him. You and I might despise the man, but only a moron would think that his policies are without merit and that his supporters should be silenced, just because we don’t like the man. And again, just to bring this back on point, his supporters are not like Gemma, just because they vote Trump.

Where did I say they were fine with intellectual theft or counterfeiting?! Or that his supporters should be silenced?!

I listened to the MES interview out of genuine interest as to why people who voted for him in 2016 - many of whom are now worse off than then - might still be voting for him in 2020. I didn't get that from her praise-piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Ironically this is one of the points Mary Ellen Synon made in her interview, ordinary Americans were tired of establishment know-all’s tell them that they were too stupid to know what was good for them. They felt they were no longer being listened to, and Trump tapped into that.

So instead of voting for "establishment know-it-alls" they voted for a (paper) billionaire who inherited all of his wealth...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

humberklog wrote: »
    One of her more interesting statements is that "Cycling is part of the UN globalist conspiracy". Unfortunately she left that nugget floating in the breeze and never fleshed out that theory any further, at least not that I'm aware of.

I think eveything is now a UN globalist conspiracy with her.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Inquitus wrote: »
    Poor people in Middle America have voted against their best interests for decades, Trump just swung some of the Democrat voting Union Class.

Voting against their best interest isn’t the preserve of the US electorate, you could argue the same happened with Brexit in the UK and on successive elections here. But I don’t want to debate politics, my point is, Mary Ellen Synon was brought onto TLW to give the perspective of a Trump supporter and to explain why Americans vote for him. That does not make her a whack job like Gemma.

So instead of voting for "establishment know-it-alls" they voted for a (paper) billionaire who inherited all of his wealth...

Hey, we voted in a party who helped to plunge us into recession only 13 years ago, and a significant percentage voted for a party associated with terrorism, we can hardly hold ourselves up a model for intelligent voting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

Gemma needs to organise a protest.
    The orange man bad crowd have taken over her thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

wond up?

tumblr_ley7lv3UmE1qbxrc3o1_500.png

two days later and i'm still laughing at my own joke

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Do you still have to order the chicken nuggets when you go to the Dalkey Freemason Luciferian pub she mentioned?

I think she said Dalkey is a freemason luciferian HUB

well that would explain why i didnt get my drinks for free when i did the special handshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The video of her mate Dee wall harassing a man trying to pick up his kid from a crèche...while accusing him of being a paedophile...classy
    Bunch of fecking loopers.
    Thankfully there was less than 10 at her massive protest at rte.

well that would explain why i didnt get my drinks for free when i did the special handshake.

You need to expose your left breast, actually. :P

• Advertisement

You need to expose your left breast, actually. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Until I hear directly what her beliefs are, what her policies are if she is pursuing a political platform, I'll assume she's a run of the mill conservative person. Any interview Ive seen with her, she is nothing like the person shes made out to be in social media. But I would still like to hear more from her.

Seems she is like an Irish Katie Hopkins, who in a lot of instances does makes sense, even if her views are disagreeable upon occasion.

Until then I'll continue to poke fun at lefties. They are such an easy target.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Biker79 wrote: »
    Until I hear directly what her beliefs are, what her policies are if she is pursuing a political platform, I'll assume she's a run of the mill conservative person. Any interview Ive seen with her, she is nothing like the person shes made out to be in social media. But I would still like to hear more from her.

Seems she is like an Irish Katie Hopkins, who in a lot of instances does makes sense, even if her views are disagreeable upon occasion.

"Disagreeable upon occasion". Yeah, I agree. Every occasion in which she speaks.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Can you post a video where she's not being disagreeable? I've only seen the ones that make her look like a lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

timetogo1 wrote: »
    Can you post a video where she's not being disagreeable? I've only seen the ones that make her look like a lunatic.

And this is her BFF.

https://twitter.com/annie_1butTrump/status/1312653723315974149

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The Nal wrote: »
    fizz is sist :pac::pac:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

I don't think such a video exists.

Who ...Katie Hopkins or Gemma?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Any interview Ive seen with her, she is nothing like the person shes made out to be in social media.

So provide some links then.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hotblack Desiato was posting about Mary Ellen Synon’s interview with Matt Cooper on The Last Word rather than Gemma, the inference being Donald Trump’s supporters are just as mad as our Gems. He/she said the reasons MES (a US reporter living in Ireland) gave about why she supports Trump and why she thinks he will be re-elected is “outrageous crap” and should have been challenged, but it wasn’t, she articulated the reasons why Americans voted/will vote for DT and this should not be compared to the crap Gemma spouts.

:confused: If you have some sort of a problem with my post then use the report post button. Hard to tell what your point is though, there's no need for you to "repost" what you think I said when it's there in black and white for everyone to read themselves.

I was responding to another poster, sorry if you feel butthurt about Trump's supporters but I said nothing about them - the person who brought Trump supporters into the discussion was you, nobody else had mentioned them.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

So provide some links then.

How dare you ask someone to back up outlandish claims with links and proof.

:

I was responding to another poster, sorry if you feel butthurt about Trump's supporters but I said nothing about them - the person who brought Trump supporters into the discussion was you, nobody else had mentioned them.

Eh, nope.
    davedanon wrote: »
    Not strictly speaking on-topic, but I heard Matt Cooper announcing that Mary-Ellen Synon was going to be on his show. Anyone listen in? I can't stomach her. Ireland's Laura Ingraham. Apparently she's a hug Trump fan. Quelle surprise.
    DubInMeath wrote: »
    She's a representative of his supporters all right but those with a few quid, as for the rest, they tend to be arseholes, conspiracy theory believers etc. Same as gems really..

I responded, I didn’t bring it up. Just as I responded to your assertion that MES spouted outrageous crap, I may not agree with her, but if you listen to the podcast, you would get some insight into why Americans vote for Trump and why what she was saying was nothing like what Gemma spouts.

Back on topic though, we all agree Gemma is at best nuts, at worst dangerous, but was there a time when she was a good reporter? She worked for the Indo at one time, was she always bonkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Her videos make no sense...at all...honestly she is off her rocker. If you watched any of them you would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,541 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gmisk wrote: »
    Her videos make no sense...at all...honestly she is off her rocker. If you watched any of them you would know.

If she saw a lollypop lady/man she'd say she's start yelling that they were controlling traffic and children and that she was live streaming to thousands of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

MI5 is the IRA and the IRA is MI5!

MI5 is the IRA and the IRA is MI5!

Sitting in her car in crossmaglen I think, she must have lost a dare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2020/0929/1168164-fantasy-island-inside-rtes-outrageous-new-animated-comedy/

When she sees the new promo for the new RTE animated series Fantasy Island, she will freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I think she said Dalkey is a freemason luciferian HUB

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e6mrla5o46nacajvolfw8ppnd99zfahuexco31ka&rid=giphy.gif

Ive yet to read anything remotely interesting from a leftie, so I'll remain sceptical about all of their claims.

Katie Hopkins is actually a fine person with decent values, IMHO. My guess is that Gemma is too. She has certainly a respectable body of investigative journalist work ( unlike many other click bait/ opinion piece journalists )

She has been crucified by the twitter woke mob, it would appear.

However, I am open to correction on this ( Note: juvenile sarcasm is not a persuasive argument )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Katie Hopkins is actually a fine person with decent values, IMHO. My guess is that Gemma is too.

Ha! They're both abhorrent people.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement