Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Biker79 wrote: »
    However, I am open to correction on this

"Do your own research", "heres a 3 hour youtube video from someone in their mums spare bedroom", "must watch", "share" and so on.
    ( Note: juvenile sarcasm is not a persuasive argument )

Yes it is!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You:
    However, I am open to correction on this ( Note: juvenile sarcasm is not a persuasive argument )

Also you:
    Ive yet to read anything remotely interesting from a leftie, so I'll remain sceptical about all of their claims

You don't seem to have interest in reading or researching your own arguments so I don't see why anyone else should have to spend their time doing it for you. Hopkins is a racist troll. If you're a fan then any scrupulous argument is just going to be met with the usual "fake news MSM" drivel common from right wing folk.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

You:
    Also you:
    You don't seem to have interest in reading or researching your own arguments so I don't see why anyone else should have to spend their time doing it for you. Hopkins is a racist troll. If you're a fan then any scrupulous argument is just going to be met with the usual "fake news MSM" drivel common from right wing folk.

Fan? I never said that. If I have any feelings either way, its distaste for the people who are vilifying her (and Katie Hokins) , because I don't see any good reason. As soon as I hear ' racist ' being levelled at anyone...I know there's going to be some very poor arguments being made, often by simpletons.

There was an interview with a Swedish woman on YT, with Gemma. She came across as sincere and reasonable. I also see on her party website ' anti-courruption Ireland ' , their core tenets. Nothing outlandish there ( some are probably impractical, but nothing like the ' right wing' loons they are made out to be by people like yourself ).

What I see is a woman who probably took issues with certain people in powerful positions. She may also have had some personal issues at some point ( I believe her husband passed away ) . Looks like she was goaded into making remarks she would not have otherwise, remarks that don't represent her beliefs, and has since been hung out to dry for doing that. Just like Denis O'Brien/ George Hook and many others who were setup by spiteful people on social media.

And all of it comes down to a failing business model within mainstream media, that relies heavily on advertisers... advertisers who dont want anything remotely contentious associated with their brand...which in turn creates this bubble of virtue, that ' lefties ' are incapable of seeing for what it is. They actually believe all of that ' racist ' ..nonsense. No critical thinking skills.

I also see she is a colleague of John Waters...he always had reasonable things to say. - when it it was possible to have open discussions about the direction the country and Europe is going in. Its not possible any more, for the reasons I have mentioned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Fan? I never said that. If I have any feelings either way, its distaste for the people who are vilifying her (and Katie Hokins) , because I don't see any good reason. As soon as I hear ' racist ' being levelled at anyone...I know there's going to be some very poor arguments being made, often by simpletons.

There was an interview with a Swedish woman on YT, with Gemma. She came across as sincere and reasonable. I also see on her party website ' anti-courruption Ireland ' , their core tenets. Nothing outlandish there ( some are probably impractical, but nothing like the ' right wing' loons they are made out to be by people like yourself ).

What I see is a woman who probably took issues with certain people in powerful positions. She may also have had some personal issues at some point ( I believe her husband passed away ) . Looks like she was goaded into making remarks she would not have otherwise, remarks that don't represent her beliefs, and has since been hung out to dry for doing that. Just like Denis O'Brien/ George Hook and many others who were setup by spiteful people on social media.

And all of it comes down to a failing business model within mainstream media, that relies heavily on advertisers... advertisers who dont want anything remotely contentious associated with their brand...which in turn creates this bubble of virtue, that ' lefties ' are incapable of seeing for what it is. They actually believe all of that ' racist ' ..nonsense. No critical thinking skills.

I also see she is a colleague of John Waters...he always had reasonable things to say. - when it it was possible to have open discussions about the direction the country and Europe is going in. Its not possible any more, for the reasons I have mentioned.

You don't like insults but you're happy to refer to people as simpletons. That's just double-standards.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

You don't like insults but you're happy to refer to people as simpletons. That's just double-standards.

No issues with insults. At the end of the day, I'm not the simpleton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

You sure bout that brah?

Katie Hopkins is actually a fine person with decent values, IMHO. My guess is that Gemma is too.

You sure bout that brah?

Good one. You got me there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Looks like she was goaded into making remarks she would not have otherwise, remarks that don't represent her beliefs, and has since been hung out to dry for doing that.

This is great banter

In fairness, you're pushing a claim that Gemma O'Doherty is a voice of reason. This is either through ignorance or delusion. So you probably shouldn't be assuming you're the intelligent one in this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Textbook example of Dunning-Kruger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

"REPLACE AND DEPOLITICIZE TOP TIERS IN GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS, GARDAI, HSE, RTE, COURTS, TUSLA, OVERSIGHT BODIES AND OTHER STATE AGENCIES" - Um, she's talking about replacing things like the independent Top Level Appointments Commission and judicial appointments with... what, exactly?

"END STATE FUNDING OF NGOS AND DYSFUNCTIONAL CHARITIES. BAN OPEN SOCIETY FOUNDATIONS" What does this mean? Cut funding to charities? Really?!

"END WATER FLUORIDATION. PROMOTE IRISH ORGANIC PRODUCTS, NATURAL MEDICINES AND THERAPIES" - alternative and quack medicine to replace proven mainstream medicine? Fluoridation is proven to benefit society.

"REMOVE CULTURAL MARXIST/AGENDA 21 IDEOLOGIES FROM ALL LEVELS OF EDUCATION." Lol, what? Paranoid stuff, here...

"END UNCONTROLLED IMMIGRATION, REPATRIATE ILLEGAL/CRIMINAL NON-NATIONALS, LEAVE UN MIGRATION PACT AND AGENDA 21" - we don't have uncontrolled immigration and we do repatriate illegal/criminal non-nationals.

"PROMOTE FREE SPEECH AND FREE PRESS. RESPECT THE CONSTITUTION. RESTORE ELECTORAL INTEGRITY" - we have free speech and a free press. Unclear what she feels is lacking in electoral integrity.

"NO 5G. END CONSTRUCTION OF INDUSTRIAL WIND TURBINES AND OTHER ENVIRONMENTALLY DAMAGING PROJECTS. " No 5G? Why? Paranoid ****e.

Then we get into full right-wing paranoia mode.

But you think nothing here is outlandish? Grand, so. I know how much time to devote to you now...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What I see is a woman who probably took issues with certain people in powerful positions.

Yeah, like that woman shamelessly collecting her mixed-race child from school in Longford. Luckily Gemma was on the case to scream racist abuse into her face, while filming the whole thing, eh?

Then there was that interracial couple who dared to appear in an ad for Lidl - just who the fcuk do they think they are going around acting as if they are normal people? Gemma swiftly reminded all Irish patriots that they should shop in one of the other foreign-owned supermarkets instead.
    Just like Denis O'Brien

Very unfair on him being silenced, no longer owns a national newspaper, he's down to his last half a dozen radio stations now. :rolleyes:

Did you mean somebody else, because I can't be alone in not having a fcuking clue what you are on about here.
    I also see she is a colleague of John Waters...he always had reasonable things to say.

:pac:
    Something went very badly in the brain for John though, he now thinks that going to the Joy over a parking ticket is a sane and sensible thing to do.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

In fairness, you're pushing a claim that Gemma O'Doherty is a voice of reason. This is either through ignorance or delusion. So you probably shouldn't be assuming you're the intelligent one in this discussion.

You have an awful habit of redefining/ twisting words.

I didn't claim Gemma is the voice of reason ( I would say John Waters is though ). I did say it was reasonable to doubt that she is the person this thread is making her out to be . She may also be a voice of reason...I don't know that much about her . I'm more familiar with John Waters thinking.
    So you probably shouldn't be assuming you're the intelligent one in this discussion

I'm making that assumption with a high degree of confidence.

You have an awful habit of redefining/ twisting words.

I didn't claim Gemma is the voice of reason ( I would say John Waters is though ). I did say it was reasonable to doubt that she is the person this thread is making her out to be . She may also be a voice of reason...I don't know that much about her . I'm more familiar with John Waters thinking.

You've been praising her on this thread. You said that she "came across as sincere and reasonable". Pretending that you've not said things that you demonstrably did achieves nothing other than discrediting yourself.

Ignorance is indeed bliss.

You've been praising her on this thread. You said that she "came across as sincere and reasonable". Pretending that you've not said things that you demonstrably did achieves nothing other than discrediting yourself.

As you dont have anything intersting to say, all you can do is redefine the meaning words in order to make what would otherwise be a very weak point. Its quite desperate. I'm not surprised your pack of rabid orbiting thankers are oblivious to this. Protonmike is a master of it at this stage.

Acknowledging someone as ' sincere and reasonable ' is not praise. Its making a fair assessment.

As you dont have anything intersting to say, all you can do is redefine the meaning words in order to make what would otherwise be a very weak point. Its quite desperate. I'm not surprised your pack of rabid orbiting thankers are oblivious to this. Protonmike is a master of it at this stage.

Acknowledging someone as ' sincere and reasonable ' is not praise. Its making a fair assessment.

Your attempt to redefine words to suit yourself isn't really adding anything.

Why do you think Gemma is reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I didn't claim Gemma is the voice of reason ( I would say John Waters is though ).

:pac:

How many times is it he's threatened to leave the country if a referendum didn't go his way? He's still here.
    She may also be a voice of reason...I don't know that much about her .

Well ignorance is no defence. You have the internet at your fingertips. Educate yourself.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Truly sincere and reasonable and not mentally ill at all.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aciquestion/status/1313488474079735809

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Birneybau wrote: »

That man has the patience of a saint, listening to that screeching over everything he tries to say.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is this what she has become? A mad aul wan who goes around giving grief to retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"Harmful hand sanitizers". You're not supposed to drink them, Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

eviltwin wrote: »
    Is this what she has become? A mad aul wan who goes around giving grief to retailers.

Apparently she’s the voice of reason

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Man being incredibly polite while asking her to leave
    "You see how aggressive they are!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

gmisk wrote: »
    Man being incredibly polite while asking her to leave
    "You see how aggressive they are!"

Well it’s clear enough she sees stuff nobody else does

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

eviltwin wrote: »

She just needs an SUV and a bob cut.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

shes a horrible bint

sydthebeat wrote: »
    shes a horrible bint

I mean this sincerely and reasonably, she needs help. They are not the words nor actions of somebody well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

I mean this sincerely and reasonably, she needs help. They are not the words nor actions of somebody well.

Mental Health Act 2001 - https://www.mhcirl.ie/File/SUI_EnglishV2009.pdf

Just needs an Applicant (over 18) that fulfils the criteria to kick the process off in getting her involuntarily admitted to hospital.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement